LinkedIn Sales Interview Questions

Updated Oct 22, 2014

3.2

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at LinkedIn in October 2011.

My interview experience in a nutshell: 3+ months, 14 interviews, 3 separate visits on-site to interview, and no decision yet. Not to mention, HR has missed a self-imposed deadline of "we'll let you know about next steps" on 3 separate occasions.

Seriously, the worst interview experience I have probably ever had. I enjoyed meeting many of the people I interviewed with (with one notable exception) and the company seems like a nice place to work at. However, the way they have treated them throughout the interview process has completely turned me off. I have interviewed at other tech companies in the area (Google, Facebook), and this has been the most unprofessional unorganized process.

Still have yet to hear about next steps for me, which is probably not good news. However, I will decline either way.

Other Interview Reviews for LinkedIn

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at LinkedIn in July 2011.

I had a phone interview with HR, hour long phone interview with hiring manager. Next, I did a presentation for the team and more skills tests. Then had onsite interviews (4 hours). HR seemed nice, but busy, two different people emailed and called me, neither aware that I had spoken to hiring manager. You should follow up with them if there is a lapse.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at LinkedIn in November 2010.

The guy I interviewed with thinks he is a know it all because he was a lawyer for three years at some high firm before coming to LinkedIn. Then he goes on to saying how he was to good at what he did and wanted to be able to look at people in the eyes. He will brag about it during the interview so you don't have to worry. He'll come across rough but if you stay on top of your feet he'll like that. Also be aggressive and let him know you are a planner.
    Melinda the HR lady is great. She'll help you with anything you need.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at LinkedIn in October 2010.

I initially came across the role by leveraging LinkedIn and found that I was connected to people at the company and requested an introduction. There was the obligatory phone screen interview followed by a 1:1 with the hiring manager and one of his colleagues. The questions were good and I thought the process to be sound when looking for a candidate. Post the first phone screen interview and the one on one I sent my thank you notes to everyone who participated in the interview process only to get zero acknowledgment or response for coming in. Its been a long time since I have interviewed and maybe that's common place today but thought that was lacking and should have been telling as to the people I may have worked with. Also very disappointing was the follow up of the recruiting team after the interview. I received a single e-mail post the interview from the person recruiting for the role letting me know he should know something by next week as far as the next steps in the process and would get back to me right away. Almost a month later I get the dear John e-mail advising they have decided to pass on my application but will keep my resume on hand for other opportunities which we all know is lip service for there still may be hope. I read other interview accounts from Glassdoor which spoke of the interview process at LinkedIn and their lack of respect for you or your time but pressed on only to find the experience to be true. I think I may have dodged a bullet.

Interview Questions
    • Think of a local technology company that you have not worked for? Pause.......now sell me their product.   Answer Question
    • How would you approach this patch if you were simply given a list and a telephone knowing nothing about the accounts?   Answer Question

Sales Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at LinkedIn.

Applied online got an email to schedule the interview. The interview went very smooth and most questions were what could be expected of a phoneinterview. There were some company specific questions Leadership, people skills, etc. Got scheduled for the next step on the phone. Very smooth, professional and good experience.

Interview Questions
    • How do we make money?
      What brings users to our site that hasn't got to do with jobs?
        Answer Question