LinkedIn Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA

3.5

27 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Enterprise Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at LinkedIn in September 2014.

I was referred by a friend, then had a phone screening by a recruiter, followed by a phone interview with an enterprise team supervisor. Both phone interviews were standard, questions were focused on my background and customer service experience. I was asked in for an in-person group interview (three candidates, three interviewers) - the six of us met for a half hour, each interviewer took turns asking basic questions about background, what do you like about working in customer service, etc., then we each had two 30 minute individual interviews. All three interviewers were incredible nice and welcoming, and seemed mostly focused on finding someone who would be a good fit for the team and the LinkedIn culture. My advice is do your homework, know about the LinkedIn recruiter product, read some articles published by current employees about their experience, and do as many informational interviews as possible. Most of the questions asked called for specific examples ("Discuss an instance that you dealt with an angry customer, and how you dealt with the situation"). Overall, I had a great experience, and can't wait to get started!

Interview Questions
    • Was there a time that you didn't get along well with a co-worker and how did you manage that situation?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online – interviewed at LinkedIn.

Applied online with no internal referral, and a few days later there was a recruiter contacted me.

For the phone interview, I was asked a multi-thread and thread safety question during the phone interview, for which I did not prepare. I was focusing on data structure, algorithm, and design. Given that I did not prepare for this type of questions, I was notified by the recruiter 2/3 days after the phone interview.

Interview Questions
    • The unexpected question is on this thread safety, for which i did not prepare before the interview.   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at LinkedIn.

I was contacted by a recruiter and the initial time to set up my interviews was fast. Everyone was very nice, respectful and I always left feeling very positive about the thought of working here, since everyone seemed to enjoy it so much. However, after 1 written and verbal presentation and over 2 months of interviews (on the phone, via Skype, and in person twice at two different office locations), they decided to go with another candidate. They give you a tablet to use while you wait for your in-person interivew at the headquarters - why, I don't know, but it was cool.

Interview Questions
    • Something about innovative ways to incorporate blogging...   Answer Question

Advertising Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at LinkedIn in April 2014.

The HR coordinators at LinkedIn are absolutely terrible at their job.

I applied to the California LinkedIn office and heard back within two weeks from Recruiter #1, based out of New York, asking to come into the office. That just happened to be the same week I was traveling, so I told her I could come into the office the following week. A different recruiter, Recruiter #2, also based out of New York, responded that I could do a Skype interview, so I gave her my available times. Three days pass, and no response. They she finally emails me asking me to give her times, as if it was my fault that she can't manage her email. I gave her times again. Four days later, Recruiter #1 schedules me for an on-site interview because she had delayed the process so long that I was done with my trip. She sends me an address and time, and a couple of days later I go to the office for the interview.

Turns out, she gave me the wrong address. They were expecting me at the Mountain View office, but the recruiter gave me the office for the San Francisco office. I end up having the interviews via Skype, but between offices.

The interviews were perfectly nice. Asked behavioral questions and about my interest in advertising operations. Nothing too difficult.

Following the interview, I sent thank you emails, which received no response. Two weeks later, Recruiter #1 tells me that I will have a response in that week. I never hear from them again.

I don't understand why they needed recruiters from New York to schedule a California interview, and they needed two to schedule a time, but clearly it led to miscommunication and disorganization everywhere. For a company as well-known and established as LinkedIn, it is an embarrassment that their HR and Recruitment process is such a terrible mess.

Software Engineer - 2014 New College Grad Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at LinkedIn in November 2013.

Applied online, recieved an email from recruiter to set up a call. Initial chat about opportunities and was communicated I will be interviewd for application team. First round telephonic interview. 1 coding question and reject.

/**
     * Given two (dictionary) words as Strings, determine if they are isomorphic. Two words are called isomorphic
     * if the letters in one word can be remapped to get the second word. Remapping a letter means replacing all
     * occurrences of it with another letter while the ordering of the letters remains unchanged. No two letters
     * may map to the same letter, but a letter may map to itself.
     * Example:
     * given "foo", "app"; returns true
     * we can map 'f' -> 'a' and 'o' -> 'p'
     * given "bar", "foo"; returns false
     * we can't map both 'a' and 'r' to 'o'
     * given "turtle", "tletur"; returns true
     * we can map 't' -> 't', 'u' -> 'l', 'r' -> 'e', 'l' -> 'u', 'e' ->'r'
     * given "ab", "ca"; returns true
     * we can map 'a' -> 'c', 'b' -> 'a'

Sales Development Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at LinkedIn.

- be prepared to describe why you want to work for LinkedIn... not just cause its a cool tech company but because of why it's doing something that you want to be a part of!
    - know how we make money!
    - don't apply for a job here and not have a LI profile

Interview Questions
    • How many pens can you fit into an airplane?
      How many windows are in San Francisco?
        Answer Question
    I was happy with the offer

Senior Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online – interviewed at LinkedIn in October 2013.

First contact was on Oct 23rd via email from a technical recruiter and we scheduled a phone call for next day. She talked about positions available at the moment asked what would interest me the most. After I picked one area she scheduled first phone screen on Oct 25th.
    First phone screen was with a Sr. Data Scientist, she made a very good introduction of the project on which she works. I was asked what projects I worked on before and what am looking for now. Than a few simple questions related to data science.
    Second phone screen was a coding interview and was scheduled for the Nov 1st and they used collabedit.com to code. The problem was interesting and after some discussion and hints I was able to verbalize the most efficient solution and then proceeded to coding it in C. It took some discussion and time before I got it and the interviewer at no time was trying to fail me, he was very helpful and treated me super nicely.
    Couple days later they informed me that I passed and scheduled on site interview for Nov 7th. On site I had 5 interviews 45min each, two data scientists, one product manager, one coding (simple SQL), one lunch interview with the hiring team member. All questions are reasonable, no brain teasers or tricky questions, no one is trying to fail you and people are genuinely super nice. After that I had couple more meetings with engineering team members. Overall it took almost the entire day. Two days later I was told that they would like to make me an offer and gave me all the details.
    I was on a tough schedule because I had another pending offer and LinkedIn HR pulled out a little miracle to make all the process super smooth and fast. It took 2 weeks from the first contact to the offer stage, and this is not an easy thing to do trust me!!! They handle all the logistics, all you need to think about is just to concentrate on the interviews itself.
    Overall, LinkedIn interview process is as good as it possibly gets and they pay really good money so it is for sure worth fighting for.

Interview Questions
    • They are really reasonable about questions. Just explain clearly what you have done before, the questions that they have a open ended discussions. If you can talk on a subject matter and give a few angles on a problem that is all they are looking for.   Answer Question

I did not take the offer only because I got another one where I liked the project slightly better. Their compensation is super generous and it is hard to match.

Recruiting Associate Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at LinkedIn in April 2013.

The process started with On Campus interviews at my school. I'm not sure how else one could apply for this position, as I couldn't find it on their website. They reached out to me after I RSVP'd through my career services center at my university. On campus interviews were fun and informative-- met with three different people.

A week later I was invited up to the SF offices for a full day of interviews at what they call the LinkedIn Invitational for College Grads-to-Be. They flew us up and hosted us overnight in a lovely hotel. The day of interviews was intense, but fun. The other candidates were from all over and incredibly sharp. I was in good company. We had an introduction, a tour, four rounds of interviews and a networking luncheon.

A week later, I received the offer. Overall, I was very impressed with the recruiting process.

Interview Questions
    • How many golfballs would fit into a 747?   View Answer
    • What would you change about LinkedIn?   View Answer
    No negotiation, but very impressive offer. It was much better than I anticipated.

Ad Ops Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at LinkedIn in April 2013.

Make sure to have researched what Ad Ops (or your respective position) is all about. And get a sense for what the LinkedIn culture is like..

The entire process took a little over a month. First interview was really laid back (on phone) with a campus recruiter (I got the interview through applying online//referral). She was very nice and told me where we would go from there. It was just a general screening.

2nd interview a week later (on phone) with someone from the Ad Ops department. Again, pretty standard, I talked about some projects I had worked on in school. Gave examples of what was frustrating with the project and how I overcame it. She was also very nice just like everyone else.

3rd interview was with three "higher up" people in the Ad Ops department via skype. It was one at a time, 20 minutes each. I walked them through my resume, told them why I was interested in linkedin and the position itself and so on. They also asked where I see myself in the future, and about projects in school. Not any behavioral questions at all.

I was supposed to get a decision after that but it seemed they had a hard time narrowing it down to the final candidate. So they scheduled one last (a fourth) interview with me with yet another on-phone interview. I feel I did well in this interview, same as the rest. I emphasized my working-in-a-team experiences.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected. You generally have the floor. Practice walking a friend through your resume   Answer Question
    I didn't negotiate. Very reasonable..I am very excited to start working with LinkedIn!

Sales Development Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at LinkedIn in April 2013.

Interview process consisted of phone screen with an recruter and then in-house invitational. The in-house invitational was a great experience that consiste of four interviews all about 30 minutes long. The interviews were very straight forward. The first two were more fit based and the last two interviews were more hypothetical and thinking based questions.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me what was your biggest weakness is and when did you realize this was your biggest weakness.   Answer Question