LinkedIn Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA

Updated Jul 20, 2015

3.3

Sales Operations & Strategy, Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at LinkedIn (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

I has two phone interviews before the last round. One with HR to discuss the role and expectations; and one with someone from the team. The second one included an excel exercise. Final round was a back-to-back six interviews with the team members. I gave a negative rate because I think back-to-back six interviews (each was around 50 minutes) were quite harsh as we did not give any breaks.

Interview Questions

• General questions about the job and two case studies   1 Answer

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at LinkedIn (San Francisco, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

The position offered was that of a contractor for 6 months duration. The hourly rate was lower than competitive positions for similar level of experience. Interview process was a mix of questions related to Data Analysis, Product Management, Machine Learning.

Interview Questions

• Re-Design LinkedIn Homepage, what metrics will you consider   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at LinkedIn (San Francisco, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

I did not apply on the website. In June 2015, a recruiter reached out via LinkedIn requesting if I would like to speak over the phone with her if I were interested in knowing more about the position. She reached out on a Monday and I had an interview that Friday of the same week. On the phone, she requested if I would like to meet with one of the members of the team for a phone interview. The next Tuesday, I had a phone interview with one of the team members (who would be my peer). The interview lasted about 45 minutes. About two days later, the recruiter reached out to me stating they went with a candidate with more experience.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at LinkedIn (San Francisco, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Recruiter reached out to me and set me up for an interview. Emailed me prep material for the phone interview. I scheduled phone interview for a month later date. there were 2 engineers on the phone call. Their introductions were short and I kept mine short enough to get more time for the coding problem. They used collabedit for reviewing/sharing code. There was only one coding question followed by wrap up time so I can ask them questions. Entire interview lasted 1 hour. They asked me to explain my solution and it's space/time complexities. Asked me how I can improve it. (99% of the time the answer to improve time complexity is to compromise on space complexity. That means introduce a freaking hashmap in your solution). Overall decent experience.

Interview Questions

• Given two words as Strings, determine if they are isomorphic. Two words are called isomorphic if the letters in one word can be remapped to get the second word. Remapping a letter means replacing all occurrences of it with another letter while the ordering of the letters remains unchanged. No two letters may map to the same letter, but a letter may map to itself. * * Example: * given "foo", "app"; returns true * we can map 'f' -> 'a' and 'o' -> 'p' * * given "foo", "boa"; returns false * we can map 'f' -> 'b', 'o' -> 'o', we can't map 'o' -> 'a' * * given "bar", "foo"; returns false * we can't map both 'a' and 'r' to 'o' * * given "turtle", "tletur"; returns true * we can map 't' -> 't', 'u' -> 'l', 'r' -> 'e', 'l' -> 'u', 'e' ->'r' * * given "ab", "ca"; returns true * we can map 'a' -> 'c', 'b' -> 'a' */   4 Answers

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at LinkedIn (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

The interview process was okay. I was asked to go through resume and explain why I choose my major, how do I like it. There are also some questions about data.

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at LinkedIn (San Francisco, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

A recruiter responded to my initial application and lined up a introductory phone conversation. We talked briefly about my experience and interest in LinkedIn. The following week I did a phone interview with two Web Developers which covered some basics of my experience and skill-set. The next week then did two 45 minute coding sessions covering Javascript, HTML, and CSS. Ultimately I had to end the process as I was offered a position at another company before I could do an in person interview which LinkedIn stressed was a requirement for the job. They had previously expressed that I should contact them if my timeline changed. I did, but they were unable to accommodate my timeline.

Interview Questions

• Program a function which determines if one document node contains another node.   1 Answer
    • Build out the basic HTML and CSS required to build a "People You May Know" widget based on a screenshot.   1 Answer

Group Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LinkedIn (San Francisco, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Extensive hours spent interviewing without ever being told I did/did not get an offer; just went silent with no closure: Interviews: HR phone screen; hiring manager phone interview; 2 onsite live/1 telepresence (system failed); 1 more hiring manager discussion; 2 more telepresence interviews (system failed); 2 more onsite live and 1 telepresence. Was given every indication an offer would be made by HR the following week, then silence. I was really shocked that a company that touts its HR policies and culture as strengths was always slow to respond between stages and then had no closure with me at the end. Left me very unimpressed.

Data Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at LinkedIn (San Francisco, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

an interview with a recruiter and then a phone interview. The experience was awful. The interviewer was very rude and when I asked a few questions about the product they were working on he started to get angry. Phone was on speaker and when I was answering the questions a few guys were laughing. I finally asked him are you laughing at me and he said No they are laughing on something else. This is not professional.

Interview Questions

• they just asked a coding questions   1 Answer

Associate Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at LinkedIn (San Francisco, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

A current PM referred me to the APM internship. I just had to submit my resume and within a couple days I got an email from their APM recruiter. We set up a phone call for within the week. She asked me about my background, any relevant experience, and a few APM-type thought questions. I heard back within the week that I didn't have the requisite product experience (completely valid). Very expedient process, nice people.

Interview Questions

• What is a product you especially like? Why? How would you improve it?   Answer Question

Site Reliability Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at LinkedIn (San Francisco, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Took 2+ days. Just had the first phone screen. asked about some basic sysadmin question, such as what command do you use when you want to do something or similar stuff like that. And some network questions such at what is the name of the protocols for blahblah... Interviewer was very nice and patient.

Interview Questions

• Question about shell, tcp/ip and Linux internal( fork, etc.)   Answer Question