Lionsgate

Updated Feb 12, 2015
Updated Feb 12, 2015

2.5

Assistant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Lionsgate.

A bit drawn out, but a good process. First received a pre-screening phone call. I was then called in for a face to face interview. I Spoke with HR and an executive.

Interview Questions
    • Standard interview questions. HR asked very general questions. It is a good idea to be prepared to explain what you like best along with your knowledge of the field in which the job is in. The executive will likely ask you more detailed questions.   Answer Question

International Royalties Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Lionsgate.

The process was pretty short. There was only one interview. I was abroad so we spoke through Skype where I met with multiple people on the International Royalties team. Interviews with other interns were conducted in person. All were behavioral questions regarding information on my resume. Be prepared with questions for them!

Summer Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Lionsgate in April 2014.

Easy process, had a straight-forward phone interview, said they would get back to me by the end of the week. Never got back to me, never responded to a follow-up.

Director Interview

Interview was behavioral and fit based. No real curveballs were asked, just about my background and how it relates to the position. Interviewers knew what they were looking for and could identify fit without having to be sold on my candidacy. Overall a painless process

Floater Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Lionsgate.

Phone, and In person

Financial Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Lionsgate in January 2014.

The recruiter after deeming you are qualified, calls you in for an interview. First they do a screening prior to sending you to the hiring manager. Then depending on the department structure you can be interviewed by as little as 1 or as much as 4 people.

I was only able to negotiate only $1,500 higher

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Lionsgate in September 2013.

Applied through their website, was called a couple weeks later for a phone interview. Then an in person 2nd round interview

Receptionist Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Lionsgate in August 2013.

I found the listing for the position online. I emailed over my resume, along with a cover letter.

They responded a couple weeks later. A week after that, I had my interview with two of the heads of HR.

They were very welcoming and encouraging about asking questions and learning all I can about what they do for the company.

Overall, it was a very pleasant hiring experience.

Interview Questions
    • There really was none. It was all fairly straightforward and what I was anticipating.   Answer Question
    There was a set annual salary, which I accepted.

Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Lionsgate in May 2012.

No really much of a process...boss got a resume from a friend, chatted for about 15 minutes, and then called me a week later with an offer. I actually prefer this to some dumb 5 round interview process that is a waste of everyone's time. But, I must stress that 90% of the process was who you know, and the last 10% was just sounding half-intelligent in the interview and whether they like you more than the other person they chatted with.

Interview Questions
    • None really...more of casual conversation. HR was minimally involved...which was a good thing.   Answer Question
    I asked for a little more money than they offered, and I got it.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Lionsgate in January 2012.

I got a call from my supervisor and after an initial screening got an interview. 2 hours after my interview I was offered the position.