Liquid Capital Interview Questions

3.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at Liquid Capital

Trainee Trader Interview

Anonymous Employee in New London, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Liquid Capital (New London, CT) in March 2009.

Interview

2 phone interviews, 1 group interview, 3 online test, 1 assessment day

C++ Programmer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Liquid Capital.

Interview

They were hiring a C++ programmer to join their team and my CV was put forward by a recruitment consultant. There was no job specification as such, which having seen this a couple of times now, I have to say I don't consider an enormously good sign. First, why can't the managers put down on paper what they're looking for? Second, as a candidate who hasn't seen a spec it puts you at a disadvantage, as you don't know what level of experience they're looking for, and which skills they consider most important for the role. In any case, I have a lot of experience in their business, and they asked me to come in for an hour to discuss my CV with two senior managers. I thought the interview went well but didn't get called back for a second round, which really surprised me. My working assumption is that they were looking for a more junior person who they could train up, but I'm not 100% sure. If they were looking at a more junior level and there had been a proper spec to make that clear I would have emphasised willingness to learn and interest in the new technology, maybe even willingness to take a pay-cut from my previous job. As it is, I fell at the first hurdle.

Interview Questions

• If you had 20 million to invest in a new business area, how would you go about getting it up and running?   1 Answer

Options Trader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Liquid Capital (London, England (UK)) in June 2010.

Interview

I was called into the office to interview with 2 traders. They asked a few standard questions such as "why are you interested in trading?" and then came a barrage of quantitative reasoning questions, mainly dealing with probability. After a week I was called back for a second round of interviews with the senior members of the company.

Interview Questions

• If we were to play a game in which I were to roll a dice, and you would be paid according to the number it lands on, how much would you pay me to play this game?   Answer Question
    • Whats 15x17?   1 Answer
    • If there was a drawer in front of me containing 4 socks, either black or white, and I know that I have a 50% probability of pulling out two white socks in a row, then what is the probability of pulling out two black socks?   5 Answers

Prop Trader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Liquid Capital (Sydney (Australia)) in April 2010.

Interview

3 exams, 2 written 1 oral. Very heavy focus on stats and speed arithmetic... Very friendly but highly sharp guys. Value innovative thinking and your ability to understand the markets. Would recommend going on the site and doing as many prac questions as possible!

Quant Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Liquid Capital in February 2010.

Interview

Mainly questions relating to my background, past work experience and thesis. The quants asked general questions about options pricing, potential numerical issues and how to deal with them Talked to the traders, too, who were more after answers to why-are-you-the-right-guy-for-the-job type of questions. All in all quite pleasant experience.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for us and what makes you useful to us?   Answer Question

Trainee Trader Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Liquid Capital in September 2009.

Interview

bid-ask game playing, the winner gets to next round office interview similar to monopoly

not interested