Lister Technologies

Updated Aug 30, 2014

3.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at Lister Technologies

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Lister Technologies.

It is a two-day process. There are three rounds: Aptitude, HR followed by technical.
    The first round had 60 questions and we were given 60 minutes. It had three sections: Quants, Verbal and Logical Reasoning.
    The second round was HR which consisted of the basic introduction, why I chose this company, why I am not pursuing my higher studies, etc. They will also check if you are ok with the 18 months bond. Please proceed only if you don't have a problem with it.
    The third round was a technical interview which consisted scenario-based questions, analytic questions, mathematical puzzles and technical questions based on OOPs concepts, Web Technology, Data Structures, etc.

Interview Questions
    • In my technical round, they asked me to solve a maths puzzle: to prove that 2222^5555 + 5555^2222 is divisible by 7. I was not expecting these types of questions and it took me some time to think it out.   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Lister Technologies.

Called for off campus. An aptitude test followed by HR.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Lister Technologies in October 2012.

The hiring process consisted of 3 rounds.
    The 1st round was a written round consisting of basic aptitude and logical questions. The questions were not multiple choice rather, we had to fill up the answers in a separate sheet. The questions themselves weren't that difficult but some of them required a lot of mathematical calculations.
    The 2nd round was a HR interview and it was pretty easy, consisting of questions about our family, our willingness to work in the company,etc. Mainly, they were looking for candidates who were okay with their 18 months service agreement.
    The 3rd round was a technical interview and people from ECE department had a separate panel where they were asked to solve some very common puzzles and math based questions, whereas IT and CSE students were asked technical questions focusing on different sorting algorithms and OOPS concepts.

Interview Questions
    • Some questions based on SOA were asked which, though unexpected, were quite easy and just covered the basics.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Lister Technologies in September 2012.

For Freshers - iTop
    1.Written - Aptitude, Analytical & Verbal skills testing (neither very difficult nor too easy)
    2.HR (They'll make you feel the most comfortable)
    3.Tech HR (Talks SENSE)
    Very short but great interview process

Interview Questions
    • The questions in Tech HR can be thought provoking and deals with analyzing how updated you are with regards to the recent trends in technology and how you can implement them to use the best of them.   Answer Question
    You will not negotiate. Because they already provide you the best!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Lister Technologies in August 2012.

1.First round 32 questions aptitude and logical
    2.HR interview the usual questions - why i didn't choose higher education?-why lister?-what inspires me?-why i chose the particular college i was studying in?- what i learned from 4 years of college?
    3.Technical round-asked about physics,chemistry,biology,maths,programming, computer science--a bit of everything

Interview Questions
    • why i didn't choose higher education? it was unexpected, as none of the other companies before had asked this   View Answer

Test Lead Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Lister Technologies in January 2012.

1 Round of Technical Telephone Interview
    1 Round of Senior Management Telephonic Interview
    1 Round of HR Interview - Video Conference
    1 Round of Client Interview - TBD

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Lister Technologies in June 2011.

Open and transparent interview process. Candidates get communication from HR covering all the required information to prepare for the interview. The interview panel will evaluate the people on technical, analytical and interpersonal skills. Soft skills like presentation and communication are added qualifications.

Interview Questions
    • Why are you leaving the current company and What you like in Lister?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Lister Technologies in December 2010.

The initial question paper was general aptitude based paper , more on the lines of CAT. most of the questions were sitters. This was followed by a GD and each round was elimination. Finally we had a one-to-one with VP which is till date one of my best interviews. He knew exactly what he was looking for and my advice is to be yourself and ask questions if any.

BDM Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Lister Technologies in June 2010.

evaluated by the senior vice president and the CEO of the company on various elements of sales , business development - business ethics etc

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Lister Technologies in January 2010.

There were 4 rounds in Campus Interview.
    1. Aptitude test
    2. Group Discussion
    3. Engineering Aptitude test
    4. Interview

Aptitude test was kinda tough and different compared to what I used to have in several It service companies.

Group discussion was just a run-of-the mill usual one. Engineering Aptitude test contained basic engineering concepts, error solving and programs with few googlies.

The final round of face-to-face interview was conducted by the Vice President himself. It was pretty good, frank and a clear exchange of ideas and I was impressed by it and prodded me towards selecting Lister Technologies even though I had an offer with Accenture.

Overall, a pretty good and rigorous process.

Interview Questions
    • Why have you exhibited consistent academic record across semesters even though you have good CGPA and fantastic grades in individual semesters? Why the U curve in grades?   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Worked for Lister Technologies? Contribute to the Community!