Lithia Motors

Updated Dec 29, 2014
Updated Dec 29, 2014

2.7

File Clerk - Subaru Walnut Creek Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Lithia Motors.

Applied online and took several long assessments. Then I received a call to come in for an interview. I drive far only to be graced with the shortest meet & greet ever. It was NOT even an interview. The office manager came out just to tell me it was a part-time position (which I already knew), what the pay was ($10/hr non negotiable), and the hours (4-10 hrs a week). Then she said that they were still interviewing people & would be in touch. What interview? You're not even interviewing me!

They could've just told me over the phone what the hours were and what the pay was but they just had to make me come from far away just to tell me. Very inconsiderate. And if they didn't know, they probably should've reviewed my online application. I don't even think they look at your online application because I noted my salary requirements. And when they called me back, I thought they were willing to work with my salary requirements.

Terrible experience. I'm NEVER applying for this company nor going to recommend anyone to apply here.

Administrative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reno, NV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reno, NV

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Lithia Motors in August 2014.

I applied for an administrative position and prior to the first interview they require you to take an online assessment that actually has several parts and approximately 200 questions.
    I personally believe this was a generic assessment that encompassed any/all positions within the company instead of targeting only questions for each level of employee.
    I was definitely not prepared to invest over four hours (including phone conversations, assessment, and interview) to find out in the interview that it was an entry level position!
    I have never had to invest so much time on an assessment for any position I have applied for, especially an entry level position. The interviewers were nice and basically had standard questions.
    And, adding insult to injury, I asked a question via email to HR and they never responded to me. And, they never responded to advise that I was not selected.

Interview Questions
    • On the assessment: When I need an excuse for not doing something, the excuse I prefer to give is...
      Headache/Illness Another engagement Work that must be done Fatigue Something Else

View Answer

Hiring Support Administrator Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Lithia Motors in July 2014.

Applied Online, and took a brief cognitive test. Then got a call the next week for a one on one interview. Before the interview I had to answer different business ethics, personality and cognitive test.

Workers Compensation Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Medford, OR

interviewed at Lithia Motors in May 2014.

Three interviews. Second interview was basically promised employment. After third interview, received an email notifying me I was not selected. I reached out to the company and inquired what I was lacking in and/ or what I was lacking and received no response. Very disappointing.

Interview Questions
    • Several behavioral questions. TypicAl questions such as tell me about yourself, why human resources? What kind of work environment would you like to work in, what kind of manager would you like to have?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Lithia Motors in May 2014.

The process was very easy and nice to go through. I felt like I was replied to every time within a good amount of time and with full responses each time. They treated me very well and gave me a tour of everything and made me feel very comfortable. Overall great experience.

Interview Questions
    • What college courses other than my major classes would benefit the company.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Lithia Motors in March 2014.

I received message for interview, called back, left message. Never heard back.

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Medford, OR

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Lithia Motors in March 2014.

Interviewed in two different departments. Amazing facility and work location. Employees were all friendly and welcoming. Appears to be a fast paced exciting environment to work in.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time that a co-worker wasn't doing their share of the work and how you handled the situation.   Answer Question

Undisclosed Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Billings, MT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Billings, MT

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Lithia Motors in May 2013.

Was a very fast hire. Made sense after I realized they had a high turn over and were just desperate to fill the job. Didn't prove to be successful for them or for me. They spit out employees like a pez dispenser.

Interview Questions
    Negotiation was very short. They neglected to tell me the entire scope of the job or the poor shape the department was in. Made promises of training that weren't kept. Would advise future employees to get any promises in writing.

Merchandising Manager & Lot Manager Interview

interviewed at Lithia Motors in April 2013.

I was interviewed by the GM, a Sales Manager and the Merchandising Manager/BDC Manager. Generally GM made the call and others just followed suit. GM focused on IT skills. Other managers focused on filling time in face to face interview.

Interview Questions
    • Told I would be placed in one of two positions - Merchandising Manager and BDC Manager. Offered the compensation rate for the Lot Manager which ended up being my "official" job classification.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Medford, OR

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Lithia Motors in September 2011.

interviewed by three managers, one at a time, on the same day

no negotiations