Lithium Technologies Interview Questions

Updated Jun 16, 2015

Marketing Operations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Lithium Technologies (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

First round phone interview with recruiter. Second phone interview with Director. Final onsite interview with five employees, 30 minutes each. Everyone was friendly and happy to work at Lithium. I left feeling very confident and comfortable. I only have positive things to say about the employees who interviewed me, however I ended up receiving a very short (1 sentence), impersonalized rejection email from the recruiter which I found to be off-putting.

Interview Questions

• All behavioral. What is your Klout score? Why Lithium?   Answer Question

Community Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Lithium Technologies (San Francisco, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Thorough but not hard. I had a good skills match so I think they were looking for a cultural fit. Interviewers ranged in abilities to conduct a good interview from very open to a dialogue vs. feeling obligated to full most of the time with their questions.

Recruiting Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Lithium Technologies in May 2015.

Interview

I was traveling, and they worked with me to accommodate me despite the time difference (I was 9hrs ahead). I spoke with 3 people, 1:1 and all by Skype video or by voice. They were straightforward and responsive and were willing to move quickly to onboard me the following week!

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Lithium Technologies (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Had three Phone interviews (recruiter, manager, and Sr. Director) and one on-site interview. I applied online for a different role, and the recruiter messaged me back with this opportunity.

All interviews went really well - each one was longer than the last, and they were genuinely interested in me, my background, and what I could bring to the table.

Interns, do yourselves a favor and apply here.

Negotiation

N/A

Customer Success Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Lithium Technologies.

Interview

Initially was good then turned strange after a few calls. The onsite visit was also strange.
    I would say that be very careful when these Startups mention "Culture Fit" as this can be construde as discrimination. I am reviewing with EEOC what the guidelines are and my own personal experience.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Lithium Technologies (San Francisco, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Comfortable, but challenging. They asked the right questions. It's clear that culture fit is just as important as technical knowledge, skill-set and experience. Ample time for me to ask questions and ensure the job and company would be a great fit for me as well. Great communication from start to finish.

Customer Success Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Lithium Technologies.

Interview

Very clean and transparent process. There were no surprises through out the entire process. I have been on interviews with several other companies where the person interviewing was not aware of what the next steps were going to be and it took weeks to get feedback. Lithium had a very systematic and clear process.

Interview Questions

• -Describe your ideal working situation
      -Describe they type of manager you work best with.

Answer Question

Senior Product Manager Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Lithium Technologies.

Interview

I had a great interview experience with Lithium, meeting people from all kinds of different teams at all levels of the organization (including a really nice sit-down with the CEO). The team were forthright and friendly and answered my questions in addition to questioning me. Some members of the team really went above and beyond, taking late night phone calls from me to talk through my decision process. By the end of the process I was sure I'd found the right place to work!

Interview Questions

• "When Product and Engineering disagree about how to proceed, how do you resolve that?"   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiations were straightforward and professionally handled by Lithium's excellent recruiting group.

Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Lithium Technologies (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

I applied Online. The process took about 4 weeks to the final decision. The process began with a quick phone screen, an interview with the hiring manager, an in person interview with 7+ team members, and a final phone interview with the CEO.

Interview Questions

• The key question to nail is "Why do you want to work for Lithium?" The company is focused on hiring people who have the skill sets, but most importantly they want hire people who are passionate social and community. Understand the product as they test you on how much you know.

They have a heavy yet simple set of core values so understanding their core values during the interview process is crucial.

Answer Question

Negotiation

They are market competitive. No negotiation was needed in my process.

Business Value Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Lithium Technologies in October 2014.

Interview

Like anything in life worth pursuing, the interview process with Lithium was challenging. The level of detail, participation and preparation required on your behalf is going to be off the charts. However, as mentioned above, it's a worthwhile endeavor. Lithium is a special place, with strong values and extremely intelligent people, and they're intent on keeping it that way. For each step in the process, which there may be many, is a great opportunity for both sides to assess the level of fit and competence.

The logistical side of the process was great. Interviews were organized professionally, lines of communication were consistently open, and there was a deep level of transparency. Overall, the hiring process with Lithium was fantastic.

Interview Questions

• What is one unique thing about yourself that wholly separates you from anyone else competing for this position?   Answer Question