Lithium Technologies

Average Difficulty
33 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Software Engineer

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Lithium Technologies.

Interview Details – Great co-ordination and came in as part of acquisition. Felt good. The regular questions and standard procedure for the hiring. I am glad to be part of the process and willing to take another shot soon.

Interview Question – Standard Coding   Answer Question

Regional Marketing Director Interview

Regional Marketing Director

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Lithium Technologies in February 2014.

Interview Details – Went through short and reactive process using both Skype video and face to face interviews with HR, local VP and Headquarter VP. Really liked those efficient and "straight to the point" interviews with bright questions. I also was offered the opportunity to exchange with peers inside the company and it really made me feel like this was the right company for me to get in ! Had transparent questions and trustfull answers. And finally met the CMO after an event and had a talk with her ! Just loved this hudge energy and humanity she has. It once and for all made me want to be part of the big adventure !

Interview Question – How come you work at Lithium without having work for a software company before ?   View Answer

Austin, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Lithium Technologies in April 2014.

Interview Details – The interview process consisted of a single on-site with multiple lead engineers. My interviewers asked questions that covered Java syntax, problem solving, time complexity analysis (big-oh), and system architecture. Some exercises involved coding on whiteboard. Applicants would do well to review basic programming paradigms (e.g. recursion, divide & conquer, memoization).

Interview Question – Write an algorithm to check whether a given number is a vampire number. What is the algorithm's worst-case runtime complexity.   View Answer

San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Lithium Technologies in July 2012.

Interview Details – Simple coding questions which included dynamic programming and mathematical optimizations. Full stack web knowledge (AJAX from click event to DB on server), SQL knowledge. Multiple 1:1 interviews that cover a variety of topics related to web development.

Interview Question – What is your Linux distro and scripting language of choice?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They offer more than I asked for. Easy, done deal.

Lead Software Engineer Interview

Lead Software Engineer

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Lithium Technologies.

Interview Details – I was referred internally. It was a shortened loop for me since I knew people from prior experience in a different company. However the interview experience was very informative. I was curious and everybody was very patient and doled out loads of information for me to make up my mind. Questions were around:

- Past experience. Describe and explain architecture of a complex system you designed or worked on.
- Java design patterns. Write a singleton.
- SOA concepts. Integration technologies like message brokers, messaging bus. Pros and cons.
- Threading and concurrency in Java

Interview Question – Why would you like to work here ?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate based on the salary info from glassdoor. Be sure to check pre-exercise option on stocks offered to you during joining.

Austin, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Lithium Technologies.

Interview Details – A former colleague referred me for the open position. After initial discussions with the recruiter, we set a time for me to come in for the interview. I met with 4 engineers and the VP of Engineering. Half of the interviews were problem solving on a white board and the others were primarily discussing past experience. I would say that the difficulty was medium. They made an offer the next day and after negotiations, the final offer was made the following day.

Interview Question – Half of the interviews were problem solving on a white board and the others were primarily discussing past experience   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The initial offer was good, but there still was room for negotiations.

Lead Operations Engineer Interview

Lead Operations Engineer
San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Lithium Technologies in December 2013.

Interview Details – Referred to the position by a friend. Invited to an interview in San Francisco. Interview was conducted over lunch with two managers. Was asked various questions about hardware, software, networking, and automation as it pertained to the role. Interview atmosphere was casual and the interviewers created an open space for good dialogue.

Interview Question – Various questions about SDN and Openflow   Answer Question

Social Engineer II Interview

Social Engineer II
San Jose, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Lithium Technologies in February 2013.

Interview Details – Called me in, interviewed on the spot, and made me fill out a LOAD of Non-disclosure agreements.

Interview Question – They really wanted to make sure I was a "Team Player", would do anything I was told.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – We negotiated an hourly rate and I signed a pretty complicated bonus incentive agreement, that's all I can say about that though.

Technical Consultant Interview

Technical Consultant

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Lithium Technologies in November 2013.

Interview Details – The process was enjoyable and easy. First had a phone interview with someone from HR. She asked basic questions such as, why do you want to work at Lithium?, and then gave me a good overview of the company and provided a firm understanding of Lithium culture and goals.

I then had phone interviews with multiple Technical Consultants. They asked me some technical questions and also gave me a better understanding of the position. The final interview was an on-site interview at HQ in San Francisco. The interview experience was great. They showed me around the office and then I met with several team members for a final round of interviews.

Throughout the whole process Lithium was helpful. They answered any questions I had and they were very open with what they expected from me and what I should expect from Lithium.

Interview Question – They asked me about several different topics ranging from using webservices and rest API's to Java programming language.   Answer Question

Business Value Consultant Interview

Business Value Consultant
Dallas, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Lithium Technologies in December 2013.

Interview Details – Lithium made my hiring process extremely easy. Initial introductions with staff from across the company provided a firm understanding of Lithium culture and goals. Lithium used a combination of phone, video, and face-to-face interview which reduce time during the process. Both interviewers and staff were very positive and enthusiastic. Interviewers started with "What can I tell you about Lithium?" this is such a engaging way to start.

Interview Question – No surprise or difficult questions. The common questions like why did you choose Lithium?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Offer was competitive to market space. Negotiated on VTI variables.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Lithium Technologies

Worked for Lithium Technologies? Contribute to the Community!

Lithium Technologies Videos

Lithium Technologies – Why Work for Us?

Lithium is proud to be a Glassdoor Employees' Choice Award recipient, as one of the Top 50 Best Places to Work for medium-sized companies! Build software. Reach 500 million users. Change lives. That’s what we’re doing… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Lithium Technologies interview questions and advice. All 33 interview reviews posted anonymously by Lithium Technologies employees and interview candidates.