Lithium Technologies

Lithium Technologies Interview Questions

Updated Sep 14, 2014
Updated Sep 14, 2014

Lead Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Lithium Technologies in July 2014.

The process for me started with a phone call from recruiter who after an initial interview set up the technical phone screen. The phone interview was based on the design and development skills and verified by an online programming quiz session.

Once the phone screen went well, I was asked to come in person to the office and met with 4-5 very senior engineers. All of them asked very good balance of design and development questions.

The offer came in very quickly within less than a week of interview. I had another offer, but I chose to join lithium based on the product industry and also its leadership position in Social CRM space.

Once offer was accepted, the HR process kicks in with formal on-boarding tasks even before you join and Lithium's first day welcome program is really fantastic, putting employees at ease on first day of their job.

Interview Questions
    • How would you do something similar in java that javascript provides for passing functions as arguments   View Answer
    Yes, it is like any other place.

Recruiter Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Lithium Technologies in November 2013.

One of the senior recruiters contacted me almost a year ago to see if I would be interested in a contract position there. I had one phone screen, and then came on site to meet the team for an interview, and by the end of the day, I had the contract in hand. It was succinct, no wasting of anyone's time...It was a breath of fresh air, as compared to the stodgy, and stuck up companies who have you interview 5 times, and then go through an interview team, etc...

Interview Questions
    • Always my most difficult question is, "tell me something about yourself that you can do better in." You just never know how much to divulge.   Answer Question
    Very open and fair. Sometimes it can be sticky, and uncomfortable. But, I came in at my hourly rate, and due to my long commute on public transportation, they actually raised it by $5/hr more.

Anonymous (Current Employee) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Lithium Technologies in May 2014.

Got to meet with key members of the company, including the CEO. Was impressed by everyone. The interview process was very efficient. Everyone was on time and made me feel welcomed. The interview team explained the goals and challenges for the company. A fair amount of background information was provided and all my questions were satisfactorily answered.

Interview Questions
    • The CEO asked me what type of CEO I like to work with. I felt that he was sincerely trying to get my perspective of the types of attributes that I admire about the leader of the company.   Answer Question
    Fair

Senior Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Lithium Technologies.

Great co-ordination and came in as part of acquisition. Felt good. The regular questions and standard procedure for the hiring. I am glad to be part of the process and willing to take another shot soon.

Regional Marketing Director Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Lithium Technologies in February 2014.

Went through short and reactive process using both Skype video and face to face interviews with HR, local VP and Headquarter VP. Really liked those efficient and "straight to the point" interviews with bright questions. I also was offered the opportunity to exchange with peers inside the company and it really made me feel like this was the right company for me to get in ! Had transparent questions and trustfull answers. And finally met the CMO after an event and had a talk with her ! Just loved this hudge energy and humanity she has. It once and for all made me want to be part of the big adventure !

Interview Questions
    • How come you work at Lithium without having work for a software company before ?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Lithium Technologies in April 2014.

The interview process consisted of a single on-site with multiple lead engineers. My interviewers asked questions that covered Java syntax, problem solving, time complexity analysis (big-oh), and system architecture. Some exercises involved coding on whiteboard. Applicants would do well to review basic programming paradigms (e.g. recursion, divide & conquer, memoization).

Interview Questions
    • Write an algorithm to check whether a given number is a vampire number. What is the algorithm's worst-case runtime complexity.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Lithium Technologies in July 2012.

Simple coding questions which included dynamic programming and mathematical optimizations. Full stack web knowledge (AJAX from click event to DB on server), SQL knowledge. Multiple 1:1 interviews that cover a variety of topics related to web development.

Interview Questions
    • What is your Linux distro and scripting language of choice?   View Answer
    They offer more than I asked for. Easy, done deal.

Lead Software Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Lithium Technologies.

I was referred internally. It was a shortened loop for me since I knew people from prior experience in a different company. However the interview experience was very informative. I was curious and everybody was very patient and doled out loads of information for me to make up my mind. Questions were around:

- Past experience. Describe and explain architecture of a complex system you designed or worked on.
    - Java design patterns. Write a singleton.
    - SOA concepts. Integration technologies like message brokers, messaging bus. Pros and cons.
    - Threading and concurrency in Java

Interview Questions
    I was able to negotiate based on the salary info from glassdoor. Be sure to check pre-exercise option on stocks offered to you during joining.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Lithium Technologies.

A former colleague referred me for the open position. After initial discussions with the recruiter, we set a time for me to come in for the interview. I met with 4 engineers and the VP of Engineering. Half of the interviews were problem solving on a white board and the others were primarily discussing past experience. I would say that the difficulty was medium. They made an offer the next day and after negotiations, the final offer was made the following day.

Interview Questions
    • Half of the interviews were problem solving on a white board and the others were primarily discussing past experience   Answer Question
    The initial offer was good, but there still was room for negotiations.

Lead Operations Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Lithium Technologies in December 2013.

Referred to the position by a friend. Invited to an interview in San Francisco. Interview was conducted over lunch with two managers. Was asked various questions about hardware, software, networking, and automation as it pertained to the role. Interview atmosphere was casual and the interviewers created an open space for good dialogue.

Interview Questions

Worked for Lithium Technologies? Contribute to the Community!