Litle & Co.

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Principal Java Developer Interview

Senior Principal Java Developer
Lowell, MA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Litle & Co. in September 2010.

Interview Details – They brought me in after receiving my resume, and the hiring manager said my background was relevant. The first round was a skills test. The manager gave me a few pieces of paper and half an hour to work out simple java/sql exercises, which was quite smooth. We talked for a while and I left. I went back in for the group interview, which I thought was quite easy, but somehow they didn't like my approach, so I was sent home and no offer. I was impressed with the process though. It seems that they have thought through the hiring process, and the process is consistent and relevant. Also the company looked productive and enthusiastic.

Interview Question – Design a complete card incentive program for partners.   View Answer

Senior Principal Java Developer Interview

Senior Principal Java Developer
Lowell, MA

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Litle & Co. in April 2010.

Interview Details – The interview consisted of day to day activities of a developer. The first phase is a written exam that just asks you to write some code that answer relatively simple questions/problems which you then discuss 1:1 with the interviewer. The second phases asks that you lay out and present a solution for a problem that they provide. Then they ask you to sit at a computer and implement some coded solutions. Lastly they introduce you to some more people for more 1:1 'chats' to get a feel for whether you'll be a good fit for them and whether they are a good fit for you. I thought it was all handled quite well and allowed for a relaxed atmosphere that helps you get to know the company and vice-a-versa.

Interview Question – I'd say the questions were half SQL and half Java based. They expect that you understand basic functionalities of both languages.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Yes there was some negotiation. I'd suggest that people remember the company is looking to form a potentially long term relationship and that they aren't out to make you feel bitter after squeezing every last dime out of a low-ball offer. Determine what you need and what the offer would really mean in your own life and be respectful with any counter offer you may make.

Worked for Litle & Co.? Contribute to the Community!