Litman/Gregory Interview Questions

3.5

Investment Advisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Litman/Gregory.

The interview process is long and thorough, and gives a good opportunity for you to meet many people at the firm and get a strong sense of the culture while allowing them to get to know you. After formally submitting my resume for the position, the HR director contacted me for an initial phone interview. I then had three more phone interviews with different members of the team before being asked to come in for in-person interviews. For the in-person interviews, I met with 10+ people from different divisions. Overall, the process was very well organized. The interviewers were well prepped with questions on a range of topics.

Interview Questions
    • The most unexpected question was a roll-play where I had to pitch the interviewer as if they were a potential client.   Answer Question

Portfolio Administrator/Private Client Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Larkspur, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Larkspur, CA

The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Litman/Gregory in April 2011.

Seemed like a very organized and smart process. Seems like a great team and family atmosphere too. Larkspur office is on busy street, but good inside and around Larkspur Landing & Ferry Terminal. They are very, very picky though---you must have far beyond the well-written requirements. They'll wait several months for the "perfect" person, interviewing yet rejecting whole rounds of candidates. I hit it off with the phone round and first four interviewers (two panels each)...even forgiving them for not getting back to me for months in between.

Then they sent me to another department to interview for another opening. I wasn't as interested in that one...but you do what the company wants, right? Well, that interviewer was less flexible on meeting time and stonewalled me five minutes into it. I sensed they judged me on that interview, which felt unfair since I did not apply for it. Also, while they don't list it, they require you to stay 5 years. Because of my short profile, I could not convince them I really would.

My advice? Go there if you really want and enjoy the team, but if you have the "perfection" they seek then you can probably get a better, more flexible job elsewhere.

Interview Questions
    • We are looking for someone who will be happy here for the long-term (5+ years). What are your career goals?   Answer Question