Littler Mendelson Interview Questions

2.5

Associate Attorney Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Littler Mendelson in April 2014.

I received an invite to a panel interview a month after applying online. I met with several shareholders individually, then a group of associates together. I thought it went well. It took about a month to hear back, but they had said it would take a while so I was not surprised. They asked me for another writing sample which I submitted right away. A month or so after that, I got a rejection email. I responded by politely asking for constructive feedback but my request was met with silence. It's too bad because I really wanted to work here and would have liked to get some feedback that would allow me to apply at a later date.

Interview Questions
    • There really weren't any difficult questions. They mostly asked about my experience.   Answer Question

IT Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Littler Mendelson.

Quick and painless; they couldn't hire people fast enough. I recommended by a colleague and was made an offer the day after my interviews. I made the mistake observing their desparation as eagerness to hire ME.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotation. I indicated what I was looking for and that was the offer they made.

Receptionist/Secretary Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tysons Corner, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tysons Corner, VA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Littler Mendelson in October 2009.

They were desperate and hired me instantly. There was an extremely high turn over there; although I was there about two years.

Interview Questions
    • These people were desperate - I can tell they either weren't getting many people applying or they weren't getting quality people applying. If they were a quality firm themself (which I had no way of knowing they weren't when they offered me the job) then the firm might function normally. Like other offices.   Answer Question
    There was none. They offered me the job to start right away but I told I was not available to start for several days. They said they'd pay me 45K base salary.

Director of Technical Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Littler Mendelson.

Interviewed with retained search head hunter. This was followed by a call with the CIO, followed by a broader interview with some senior executives.

Interview Questions
    • What do you do if you have problems? Interviewer was focusing on a strong belief that they had the wrong staff in place and was not open to the fact that maybe their process and management were part of the problem.   View Answer

Office Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Irvine, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at Littler Mendelson in August 2010.

I sent in my resume. The OA called me to schedule an interview. I went in for the interview, he asked me the basic questions. Then gave me a tour and told me he would have to run everything by corporate but they wanted to hire me. Then called me a week later and told me I got the job.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work at a law firm?   View Answer
    There was no negotiation, starting pay was $15/hr, which was super decent at the time for an office clerk.

Web Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ months - interviewed at Littler Mendelson in October 2011.

Obviously, time is of no importance to this company and all I can say is this has been the absolute worst experience I have ever had while job hunting.

I still have yet to this date to receive a rejection letter from the staffing company or with Littler. Their lack of professionalism and responsiveness was completely different from my two in-person interviews with them. The recruiting company that I was working with could've been better at returning my calls, but all communications had to go through them since they are their "preferred staffing agency." Both interviews were scheduled with a phone call at 4pm the day before, which left me very little time to prepare. First interview takes place, I get the thumbs up from the recruiter. 1 month passes, I am told the director of marketing is on vacation for 3 weeks so I go to the 2nd interview to meet her. The interview process asked basic "strengths" questions about customer service and dealing with attorneys.

Another month passes, and the recruiter keeps telling me that I'm still in consideration by Littler. Start date is supposed to be Monday this week, the same day I find the same job posting on Craigslist.org for exactly the same position. The staffing company doesn't even know that Littler was doing the hiring themselves! I'm not sure why Littler would go around a recruiter but had I known this is how they do things I would've went around the staffing company a long time ago but this would be considered unethical and downright unprofessional. An email, phone call, text, a Skype, or whatever would've been courteous of them to let me know "Thanks, but No Thanks."

Finally, after sending an email to the recruiter and the company explaining my position and fed up with them giving me the run around. They then have the audacity to reply back saying "we never gave you an official start date, we are a large organization with changing priorities." Apparently, I was never a priority in their eyes from the get-go.

If your a candidate looking for a job at Littler you may have more luck applying directly with them now that you don't have to go through a recruiter. But don't forget you are applying for a Law Firm that specializes in Labor Law, so they know what they can get away with.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a irate customer experience, and how did you turn it around?   Answer Question

Administrative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sa-dong, Kyonggi (South Korea)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sa-dong, Kyonggi (South Korea)

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Littler Mendelson in February 2010.

Foo was awesome and i loved how they talked about food. Decor was ok but I am more into small words for my type of thing. Cushy perks are always good for recruiting special types of workers who are good at their jobs. It was so nice to see good people interviewing.

Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Littler Mendelson in January 2012.

Littler Mendelson is one of the leading Labor and Employment law firms in the nation. Littler Mendelson has a great reputation in the industry and is consistently among the top firms.

Interview Questions

Worked for Littler Mendelson? Contribute to the Community!