Live Commercial Advertising

Updated Sep 22, 2014

1.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at Live Commercial Advertising

Administrator/Recruiter Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Live Commercial Advertising.

Scam company! Interviewed with a group of three individuals who looked uninterested and unprofessional. One of the interviewer was playing on his phone the entire time. The main interviewer repeatedly lied to me and tried to put a positive twist on negative aspects of the company. I specifically informed the representative who called me that i wasn't interested in a sales position. She reassured me that I was interviewing for a recruiter position. While at the interview, the agent told me that "everyone starts at the sales level and works their way up." After driving over an hour, it was extremely frustrating to realize I had been lied to." The interviewer attempted to convince me that " before you know it, you will be running your own sales team." Classic pyramid scheme.

Interview Questions
    • Would you be willing to start at the bottom, put in hard work, and end up running your own team one day?-----Typical pyramid scheme question.   Answer Question

Marketing/Public Relations/Event Coordinator Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Live Commercial Advertising in July 2014.

The first interview was extremely unprofessional- about 20 minutes after I applied, I was called to schedule an interview for the next day. When I arrived (they tell you to arrive early to fill out some paperwork), there were about 7 others waiting for the same interview. Two men, the CEO and Assistant Manager, would alternately just walk out and ask who had been there the longest. Red flag number 1. The first interview was nothing special, just "getting to know you" and seeing if your personality would match up with the company. This interview (for me) lasted around 15 minutes.

As I was leaving, he said they would me making calls to schedule another interview between 2:30-3:30 that day, and if I didn't answer they would just move on to the next candidate. Red flag number 2.

Even though I had specified that I was interviewing for an office-based PR position, they completely disregarded this (more on this later) and scheduled me the next day for an interview in a Sam's Club 45 minutes away. What? Red flag number 3.

At this point, you may have figured out that this company is borderline Multi Level Marketing. Turns out, every single person has to start out selling products in local Sams or Costcos. Eventually, you can work your way up to own your own office! Sure, there is fantastic potential for growth here, IF that is what you are looking for. The job ads are very, very misleading and it is designed to attract as many people as possible.

Interview Questions
    • There was nothing difficult about this interview. They are desperate (or so it seemed) for employees.   Answer Question

The hours: You work 40 hours a week, but the schedules are not flexible. M-F, its like 8:30-7pm. Weekends are even longer. 8:30-10ish were in office, so you are only standing from 11-7 every day! I'm not even sure if you get paid for the first 2 hours of office training.

The pay: It varies greatly depending on how long you have been working/your growth, but starts off at EITHER $7.50/hour OR 18% net profit commission. I was assured that "Entry-Levels" make $600-800 a week, but that is not guaranteed at all.

If this is for you, you can go really, REALLY far in this company. It was just not for me. The people I met were great.

Event Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Live Commercial Advertising in September 2013.

Received a call within 2 days of applying online. Asked questions about what I was doing in my current job; was a comfortable in a fast paced environment, leadership position, etc; and asked if I would be OK travelling 40% of the time. Set up an interview for as soon as I was available. They would have set one up for the next day if possible.

Went in to meet with hiring manager in an office building. I brought my resume and portfolio. First part of the interview went fine. Manager explained the position (in an overly good light). He didn't look at my portfolio at all and then sent me to the second part of the interview, which they called "on-sight." It was in a Costco, where I watched them demo a product they were selling for a while. Then I sat down with who would be my direct supervisor and answered questions about my career goals and sales experience. She asked if I was comfortable travelling and working every day for 2 weeks and then having a hew days off. The whole process took more than an hour.

They called a few days later to offer me the position, wanting me to start within a week.

LCA has this position posted under various titles, none of the job descriptions, or even the first half of the interview explain that this is a direct sales job in warehouse stores. Very misleading.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't many difficult questions. Explain a time when you led a team and overcame an obstacle.   Answer Question

The job descriptions and interview were misleading. I didn't find out until the on-sight interview that this was a direct sales job with commission pay and usual hours. LCA has several job postings for the same position that don't explain at all what the job is.

I didn't want to work sales.