Live Nation Entertainment

Relevance Date Difficulty

Production Assistant/Runner Interview

Production Assistant/Runner
New York, NY

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Live Nation Entertainment in May 2010.

Interview Details – Went to a job fair, interviewed with Production Manager, got hired the next day. Pretty simple process. Everyone was really nice. Interview was about an hour. Just basically asked why you want to work here, went over resume..etc.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work here...etc. Nothing too hard.   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Human Resources

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Live Nation Entertainment.

Interview Details – Quick phone interview w/ Recruiter who then passed my application over to a scheduling coordinator. Phone interview w/ direct manager, then skype interview with divisional head. All very nice.

Then I had a face-to-face w/ the regional president, VP of finance, and VP of Operations. The final of the three asked me every single illegal interview question I could imagine.... all about my personal life - zero questions that were actually related to the job.

He must not have liked my answers, as I didn't hear back after that interview. I'm okay with it since I clearly would have had my hands full of EEOC and DOJ lawsuits if I did. The pay discussed was also not competitive.

Interview Question – What year did you graduate college? (aka How old are you?)
Do you have kids?
Are you married?
Where did you grow up?
What are your hobbies?
  Answer Question

Usher/Ticket Taker @ PNC Bank Art Center Interview

Usher/Ticket Taker @ PNC Bank Art Center
Holmdel, NJ

I applied in-person and interviewed at Live Nation Entertainment.

Interview Details – Simply fill out an application at the Job Fair (usually in April with shows beginning in May) and then there is a 15 minute interview. Questions vary but are simple, nothing to complex: why would you like to work at PNC, can you handle difficult situations well, tell me about yourself, etc.

Interview Question – Can you handle difficult situations well?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There's no negotiation phase - you get minimum wage.

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Software Engineer Intern
Hollywood, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Live Nation Entertainment in May 2014.

Interview Details – I applied on my school's career center, and get an interview within a week. The first interview and the only one is an on-site interview at Hollywood. I interviewed with the managers of three technical teams, with 20 minutes each. The whole interview process went very smoothly and was very relaxing. Surprisingly, I even had an interview with one of the managers at the patio.

Interview Question – Most questions are behavioral questions: Why do you choose Live Nation?
What programming language do you usually use? What do you like/don't like about it?
They asked me about my project.
  Answer Question

Web Services Engineer Interview

Web Services Engineer
Chantilly, VA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Live Nation Entertainment in May 2014.

Interview Details – Found them online. Applied online. Next day recruiter from CA called and emailed. Because of scheduling I couldn't connect with her until a week later. We connected via phone and she said she had already sent the hiring manager my resume. She said he wanted to speak with me immediately. The next day I spoke with him on the telephone. He was very nice. Easy to talk to. Never asked a technical question though. He wanted to bring me in for a "round of technical interviews". I said OK. He said the HR lady in CA would set it up. She did. Then another HR lady in CA sent me an email with 3 documents to completed "before" the interview. She stressed that. The second HR lady even emailed me the morning of the in person interview to tell me the interview had been pushed back 30 minutes. She followed up her phone call with an email. I responded that I got the message. I arrived. The hiring manager from the telephone greeted me at the door. He told me that there would be 3 men interviewing me. He brought them in one at at a time and came and got them after their time was up. The first guy looked familiar. Like someone I "knew" personally. from a long time ago. He refused to look at me. Just sat there and talked at me as to what they did. I had to interrupt him (he made me feel like I was) 3 times to ask questions. He did answer them though. Never asked me a technical question nor gave a skills assessment type test. Just talked to me about what they did. He left. Next guy was brought in. He was very engaging. Talked to me about what they did. He asked if the first guy gave a skills technical assessment. I said no. Not at all. He asked me more questions like . . . here is what he had to one one time . . . how would you handle it. I responded by giving him examples of what I had done in similar situations. He responded, (quoting here), "Your solution sounds more eloquent than what they did here to be frank." He laughed. Very nice person. Hiring manager came and got him and brought next guy in. It was a young guy who was introduced as the "geek". He sat there and talked for what seemed like forever on what they did technically day-to-day. It was somewhat repetitive of what I had already been told. He asked if either of the other two people gave me a technical skills assessment. I said no. He just had a list of technologies that he wanted to ask me if I had experience. And that is literally what he did. No technical question or anything. So the hiring manager came back, even though this 3rd guy asked him for 5 more minutes. The hiring manager asked me what I thought. I responded. He asked me if I had any concerns about coming to work there. I asked about benefits. He got his secretary in there and let me ask her. She went and dug up the answer and came back. He asked me about where I was in the hiring process. I mentioned a second interview with another local company. He was shocked there was one in that town. He asked who they were. I told him. He asked what they did. I told him. then he asked if was going to take that job. I said I was waiting for the process. He said he wanted to know what I wanted in terms of salary for his job. The said that job had a "specific salary". I told him I only knew how to quote him what I earned as on a 1099. He explained how that didn't figure in benefits etc. I said I know and agreed. He said he would get back to the two HR people in CA (asked me if their names were xyz which was correct). He asked me to give him a couple of days. Said he also wanted to gather feedback from those 3 who interviewed me. That was over a week ago. Never heard a word from the HR ladies or the 4 interviewers. Guess someone didn't like me very much.

Interview Question – None of them were difficult. General   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern
Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Live Nation Entertainment in July 2013.

Interview Details – Pretty simple interview process. Basic questions such as strengths/weaknesses, mostly focusing on experience and background. They focused a lot on self starting and being a go-getter because their best interns have those qualities. Overall pretty standard.

Interview Question – Could you work with music you don't necessarily like?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – An alternative employment opportunity presented itself

Corporate Communications Coordinator Interview

Corporate Communications Coordinator
Beverly Hills, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Live Nation Entertainment in September 2011.

Interview Details – Called by Human Resources to schedule an interview for the following week. Interview was straight forward in terms of questions. Hiring manager did not give any indication of how the interview went. HR called with an offer. Hiring manager quit the day before I started.

Interview Question – What publications do you think would be most important to Live Nation outreach?   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Executive Assistant

Interviewed at Live Nation Entertainment

Interview Details – Referred by a friend for an EA position. Friend sent resume, HR called the next day. Interview scheduled for the following week.

Interview Question – Questions about over-qualification (I have a graduate degree).   Answer Question

Premium Seat Sales Coordinator Interview

Premium Seat Sales Coordinator
Washington, DC

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Live Nation Entertainment in May 2013.

Interview Details – 3 interviews, one phone and two in person with various levels of executives

Interview Question – Be prepared to give examples of scenarios you could face and how you would approach each   Answer Question

General Manager Interview

General Manager
Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Live Nation Entertainment in February 2011.

Interview Details – Hiring Process is very slow. Interview was easy. Expect at least one phone interview with multiple Managers.

Interview Question – Deal Braker   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – May sure your negotiate your salary with them.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Live Nation Entertainment

Worked for Live Nation Entertainment? Contribute to the Community!