Live Nation Entertainment

Updated Nov 22, 2014

2.3

Sponsorship Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Live Nation Entertainment.

I was brought in for an in person interview immediately after talking briefly with a recruiter. The interview was standard fare, and I ended up interviewing with three people total. The only negative I can say, was that after several times trying to contact the hiring manager after the interview, I was ignored.

Interview Questions
    • What new piece of technology have you seen used at a concert recently?   Answer Question

Fall Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Live Nation Entertainment in August 2014.

The interview process was very straight-forward. Applicants would send their Resume/Cover Letter and wait for a contact, then set up an interview. The interview would be 1-on-1 with the director of Live Nation New York (quite a disconcerting fact I wasn't prepared for, to interview with somebody so high-up in the company)

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question was regarding their flagship venues in NYC, things such as capacity, location and type of acts that usually perform on each of them. They also, rightfully, expected you to have knowledge of a myriad of upcoming concerts.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Live Nation Entertainment in July 2014.

It was a junior level position, I had a phone interview first ,then skype with coding questions. they wanted another interview with another manager, interview started she had to leave cuz of production issue, we rescheduled next day unfortunately i wasnt be able to have a computer cuz i was working. i told her to rescheduled for another interview just only for coding (cuz she already did technical interview twice) she said yes definitely, i will tell HR to contact you. I waited for a week for respond, after 8th day i got a call ,they moved to another candidate cuz she couldnt do coding interview and not sure.

Their hiring process is horrible.

Interview Questions
    • Difference between clustered - unclustered key in SQL? (in job description, nothing related with database)   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Live Nation Entertainment.

Quick phone interview w/ Recruiter who then passed my application over to a scheduling coordinator. Phone interview w/ direct manager, then skype interview with divisional head. All very nice.

Then I had a face-to-face w/ the regional president, VP of finance, and VP of Operations. The final of the three asked me every single illegal interview question I could imagine.... all about my personal life - zero questions that were actually related to the job.

He must not have liked my answers, as I didn't hear back after that interview. I'm okay with it since I clearly would have had my hands full of EEOC and DOJ lawsuits if I did. The pay discussed was also not competitive.

Interview Questions
    • What year did you graduate college? (aka How old are you?)
      Do you have kids?
      Are you married?
      Where did you grow up?
      What are your hobbies?

Answer Question

Usher/Ticket Taker @ PNC Bank Art Center Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Holmdel, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Holmdel, NJ

I applied in-person – interviewed at Live Nation Entertainment.

Simply fill out an application at the Job Fair (usually in April with shows beginning in May) and then there is a 15 minute interview. Questions vary but are simple, nothing to complex: why would you like to work at PNC, can you handle difficult situations well, tell me about yourself, etc.

Interview Questions
    • Can you handle difficult situations well?   View Answer
    There's no negotiation phase - you get minimum wage.

Staff Accountant Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Live Nation Entertainment in May 2014.

Initial phone interview that turned into face to face interview that turned into a group interview that turned into an HR interview. Was offered the job the next day after salary negotiations. Very easy and relaxed process.

Interview Questions
    offer, counter offer, and then accepted offer.

Web Services Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chantilly, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chantilly, VA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Live Nation Entertainment in May 2014.

Found them online. Applied online. Next day recruiter from CA called and emailed. Because of scheduling I couldn't connect with her until a week later. We connected via phone and she said she had already sent the hiring manager my resume. She said he wanted to speak with me immediately. The next day I spoke with him on the telephone. He was very nice. Easy to talk to. Never asked a technical question though. He wanted to bring me in for a "round of technical interviews". I said OK. He said the HR lady in CA would set it up. She did. Then another HR lady in CA sent me an email with 3 documents to completed "before" the interview. She stressed that. The second HR lady even emailed me the morning of the in person interview to tell me the interview had been pushed back 30 minutes. She followed up her phone call with an email. I responded that I got the message. I arrived. The hiring manager from the telephone greeted me at the door. He told me that there would be 3 men interviewing me. He brought them in one at at a time and came and got them after their time was up. The first guy looked familiar. Like someone I "knew" personally. from a long time ago. He refused to look at me. Just sat there and talked at me as to what they did. I had to interrupt him (he made me feel like I was) 3 times to ask questions. He did answer them though. Never asked me a technical question nor gave a skills assessment type test. Just talked to me about what they did. He left. Next guy was brought in. He was very engaging. Talked to me about what they did. He asked if the first guy gave a skills technical assessment. I said no. Not at all. He asked me more questions like . . . here is what he had to one one time . . . how would you handle it. I responded by giving him examples of what I had done in similar situations. He responded, (quoting here), "Your solution sounds more eloquent than what they did here to be frank." He laughed. Very nice person. Hiring manager came and got him and brought next guy in. It was a young guy who was introduced as the "geek". He sat there and talked for what seemed like forever on what they did technically day-to-day. It was somewhat repetitive of what I had already been told. He asked if either of the other two people gave me a technical skills assessment. I said no. He just had a list of technologies that he wanted to ask me if I had experience. And that is literally what he did. No technical question or anything. So the hiring manager came back, even though this 3rd guy asked him for 5 more minutes. The hiring manager asked me what I thought. I responded. He asked me if I had any concerns about coming to work there. I asked about benefits. He got his secretary in there and let me ask her. She went and dug up the answer and came back. He asked me about where I was in the hiring process. I mentioned a second interview with another local company. He was shocked there was one in that town. He asked who they were. I told him. He asked what they did. I told him. then he asked if was going to take that job. I said I was waiting for the process. He said he wanted to know what I wanted in terms of salary for his job. The said that job had a "specific salary". I told him I only knew how to quote him what I earned as on a 1099. He explained how that didn't figure in benefits etc. I said I know and agreed. He said he would get back to the two HR people in CA (asked me if their names were xyz which was correct). He asked me to give him a couple of days. Said he also wanted to gather feedback from those 3 who interviewed me. That was over a week ago. Never heard a word from the HR ladies or the 4 interviewers. Guess someone didn't like me very much.

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hollywood, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hollywood, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Live Nation Entertainment in May 2014.

I applied on my school's career center, and get an interview within a week. The first interview and the only one is an on-site interview at Hollywood. I interviewed with the managers of three technical teams, with 20 minutes each. The whole interview process went very smoothly and was very relaxing. Surprisingly, I even had an interview with one of the managers at the patio.

Interview Questions
    • Most questions are behavioral questions: Why do you choose Live Nation?
      What programming language do you usually use? What do you like/don't like about it?
      They asked me about my project.

Answer Question

Premium Seat Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bala Cynwyd, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bala Cynwyd, PA

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Live Nation Entertainment in April 2014.

I applied through school, heard back in 3 days via phone call to set up an interview. Interviewed the following week, heard back with an acceptance the next day. Easiest interview I've ever had- just express interest, be passionate, and get along well with the interviewers and you're in!

N/A

Executive Assistant Interview

Referred by a friend for an EA position. Friend sent resume, HR called the next day. Interview scheduled for the following week.

Interview Questions
    • Questions about over-qualification (I have a graduate degree).   Answer Question