LiveCareer Interview Questions

Updated Feb 18, 2015

2.9

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noida (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at LiveCareer (Noida (India)).

Interview

Written, 2 technical rounds ,1 Managerial discussion and HR discussion.

Clear,concise interview Process,Technical Panel were very knowledgeable.

HR discussion cleared about company benefits and policies which helped me to decide about the company and accept the offer.I appreciate the way HR Manager answered all my silly questions as well.

Everyone seems to be very friendly and approachable .

Interview Questions

• A tricky mathematical question in the manager round which i was not expecting :-)   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at LiveCareer (San Francisco, CA) in November 2013.

Interview

The team is seeking multiple roles - Product Mgr on Web and Mobile to build out their baseline product ResumeBuilder. The interview entailed: 1 HR Phone screener, 1 Group Interview with Sr. PM and HR, 1 Group Interview with Product and Program Mgmt Executives. The final round also included a homework assignment to plot out their Mobile Roadmap. The firm uses offshore engineering which places more emphasis on getting specs completely written out and makes the whole development less agile. Be prepared to stress that you are comfortable working in a slow environment. The role is probably more project management as you will be working with a Senior PM that has more control of the roadmap. The leadership team does not seem to take risks, and is maintaining the cash-cow product. Much of the monetization strategy relies on luring individuals into trials and renewing subscriptions at higher costs. The team does not seem too interested in working on ideas outside of resume creation.

Interview Questions

• Build the business case for why LiveCareer should be allowing users to search for jobs from their mobile device.   Answer Question

Dec 20, 2013Recruiting and Human Resources Manager

We appreciate the feedback in relation to our interview process. Thank you for taking the time to provide it. LiveCareer has several products that have helped people all over the world. We continue ... More

Manager Level Position Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at LiveCareer (San Francisco, CA) in December 2013.

Interview

Initial communication was via LinkedIn, then I had a phone interview, followed by 3 visits to the office for face-to-face interviews. Then was told that I would hear back the next day. I didn't hear from them for 2.5 weeks. Not professional at all. If you weren't going to call - don't tell me you are. If you don't know an answer the next day - that's understandable - either don't tell me you're going to call or call and tell me you don't have an update. Follow through is critical. I'm selling you on my skills, but you're also selling me on the company. Not a good impression.

SSD Interview

Anonymous Employee in Noida (India)

Application

interviewed at LiveCareer (Noida (India)) in October 2013.

Interview

Interview Questions

• What is class diagram
      Why Entity framework and no other orm

Answer Question

WHITE BOX TEST ENGINEER Interview

Anonymous Employee in Noida (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at LiveCareer (Noida (India)) in May 2014.

Interview

(1) Written Test with face to face HR discussion
    (2) First technical interview (Question about last project and basics from Testing)
    (3) Managerial round

After third round I was asked to leave and after 20 Days again I received a call from HR for final discussion for the same position. I reached there after taking leave for one day but Senior Manager was not present in this case the manager took my interview. HR informed that sr manager is on sick leave so they will arrange a interview on call

Next day I got call from the same company that they want me to meet to Sr manager, again I took leave and reached to their office with my documents (as they have asked me to bring to process the offer letter).

(4) Final round completed and submitted all the photo copies of my current job related, final salary discussion done. with promise they asked me to leave next day I will get the soft copy of offer letter.

Now it has been one month no offer letter reached to me. I called them twice but no positive reply.

Interview Questions

LiveCareer Response

Jul 25, 2014Recruiting and Human Resources Manager

Thank you for your feedback. We are always trying to improve our hiring process and we take feedback like yours very seriously. We will be sure to provide more clarity and better follow up in the ... More

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Noida (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at LiveCareer (Noida (India)) in December 2014.

Interview

Process was realy good well conducted and organised not taking much time and HR peaople are also coorperative they know the value of time even though i didn't make it through but it was a good experience.

Interview Questions

• They asked me one unexpected question,That what exactly you think Microsoft is missing in Asp.net that you want them to have?   1 Answer

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at LiveCareer (San Francisco, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

I applied for the job through the recruiter on linkedin. The recruiter matched my profile and once found that mine was a good fit she called me to check other requirements for the role. I received a mail for the phone call with the hiring manager and it was very interesting to know more about the role and he also asking a couple of sql questions. I had another phone interview with the Engineer from the team who tested my skillset for identifying kpis in a web mining environment and other marketing questions. I received a mail for the onsite and it was with 5 different people from different team for whom I will have to work with if I join. The interview was very challenging. They asked various problems from data science, stats, sql, marketing analytics, google analytics, R and puzzles here and there. I also was called in for another onsite to meet few other team mates and the people/interviewers were very polite and approachable. That's one thing I have seen lacking in many interview processes. I think that's what made me perform better as I felt comfortable in the interview environment which is an important contributor to anyone's performance in a job interview. The recruiters were very helpful and prompt of updating me on the next steps.

Interview Questions

• It was more related to handling a case in web analytics in order to improve the performance of the site or a product.   Answer Question

Feb 9, 2015Manager, Talent Acquisition

We're so glad you had such a positive experience and we encourage any and all constructive feedback from our recent hires on their hiring process. Please don't hesitate to share your thoughts and ... More

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noida (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at LiveCareer (Noida (India)) in November 2013.

Interview

I have been gone through 5 rounds.1st round was written.Then other 3 rounds were technical discussions.Last round managerial,tests your logical thinking,personality and all.Overall experience is good.They ask very average questions of .net moreover checks your logic and amount of work you have done.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at LiveCareer in June 2011.

Interview

Very nice , accurate

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Satisfactory