LivePerson

Updated Sep 25, 2014
Updated Sep 25, 2014

2.5

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

I applied online – interviewed at LivePerson.

I met with 4 people (a lot for an entry-level role). All had very different questions...but very simple nothing outside of the box. It can be a long process depending on who is the coordinator. Some like to move quickly (next day), some will take their time (weeks).

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected- I was asked "this is a very broad objective, can you tell me what you mean by this?"   Answer Question
    No negotiating. I was offered an hourly pay since it was for a contract.

Front End Developer Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at LivePerson.

Started with a phone screening by HR and then was invited for a technical interview which included 4 people. The interview included a written test covering HTML,CSS,Javascript,UNIX commands and SQL. They were asking about projects that I have done in the past and if I have any problems with long hours.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at LivePerson in August 2014.

Everyone at LivePerson seems really welcoming and extremely intelligent. I thought the office vibe was very cool, open and made it seem fun.

I had several interviews, but only two of them were in person, which I was told that they wanted to be respectful of my time and most of what they do is over video conferencing. I appreciated this actually because I've been on some interviews lately where I am brought back several times and lose the thread along the way.

I got the sense that I was interviewing for more than one position, so I was thrown off a little bit because I wanted to research the actual role and speak to it well.

Interview Questions
    • Being asked what a low point in my life was and then asked what a highlight was, gave me a moment to express who I am personally. I liked it.   Answer Question
    Negotiation was on point and they were able to meet me where I wanted to be in the next role.

Deal Desk Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through other source. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at LivePerson in June 2014.

I interviewed with LivePerson for a Deal Desk Manager role in their New York office.

After 2 initial screening calls with their HR person (based in Chicago), I was scheduled for an in-person interview on June 3rd and met with 4 people. Everyone seemed quite professional, knowledgeable, and competent. LivePerson seems like a great place to work.

Unfortunately, it's now July 5th and after sending thank-you emails to each team member, including the HR recruiter I had initially spoken with, I still have not received a decision. I reached out a few weeks later to the Hiring Manager as well as the recruiter hoping to get a better idea of timing and their process...radio silence. 10 days later I reached out again to both the Hiring Manager and the recruiter...still, radio silence. I'm not quite sure what goes on inside LivePerson but after this experience I'm happy I didn't receive an offer because it's clear working for this company would have been a complete waste of time. I'm a firm believer that if a company can't show even a moderate degree of professionalism to you as a candidate they certainly won't show that to you as an employee.

Technical Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at LivePerson in December 2013.

Very straightforward process. Called to discuss the details of my position and resumé history. Afterwards followed up thanking them for their time and they responded by processing a follow-up team interview.

Corporate Counsel Interview

Interview process was fairly standard, discussed skills work experience

Payroll Processor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at LivePerson in February 2013.

First interview was over the internet. I had 10 simple questions about my background and typical office situations. After 2 days I was contacted by the HR and invited for face-to-face interview. The second interview was with 2 people from HR department since they do not have separate payroll department. Standard questions about my background; they explained the available position; it was a very good experience that took about 1.5 hour. The manager of HR was very professional. The only negative thing was that they change this position from full-time to part-time without any information.

Interview Questions
    • Standard questions about personality, background and payroll processes and ADP Workforce.   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at LivePerson in September 2010.

Contacted by a third-party recruiter who did a phone screening. Then I interviewed with the local team one by one, four separate interviews in one day. that was it! I got a job offer as a result.

Interview Questions
    • Lack of substantive questions about what I wanted.   View Answer
    Hiring manager downgraded the position without telling me, that should have been reason enough to turn down the offer.

Knowledgebase Content Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at LivePerson in November 2009.

From the Homepage, click on Become an Expert, Choose a Main Category, Type in your answers in each of the boxes titled Brief Description, Detailed Description, Degrees, Experience & Qualifications, Language, how much you would charge to provide services to clients via LiveChat, Phone and/or Email. Be prepared to provide proof of your education, qualifications and awards.

Interview Questions
    • Providing proof of experience and refererences...   View Answer
    The BEST part about being a contractor is you can determine your price per session

Counselor and Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at LivePerson in February 2009.

via email with references verified. the company is very concerned about quality counselors and writers and requires proof of education and licensing. Professionals are screen for authenticity to insure they are who they say they are, and our resumes are accurate for the consumer. All is verified through a third party.