LivePerson Interview Questions

Updated Aug 11, 2015

2.5

Senior Manager Workforce Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at LivePerson (Atlanta, GA) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied on February 28th. It took a month to hear back, but once I did, they moved fast. I had a phone interview with the hiring manager, and within 2 days, he had scheduled a follow-up for the next week, which was a series of interviews with the hiring manager, his peer, and several of their direct reports. Within a week, I was made an offer. If you know your area of expertise well and come prepared, interviewing here will be easy. If you are both entrepreneurial and team-oriented, you will be successful.

Interview Questions

• Why are you leaving your current employer?   1 Answer
    • What do you think is the single most important factor in success?   1 Answer

Negotiation

At the front of the phone screen, I was asked for my salary goals. I gave the usual "negotiable" response, and was asked for a range. I gave the range, and it was within their target, so the interview continued. When I was later made an offer, they offered near the top of my range, which only added to my perception of the company as a place that won't go "cheap" or try to take advantage of employees. Fantastic way to build trust with me!

LivePerson Response

Jul 6, 2015 – Head of Global Workplace Engagement

Thank you for the feedback and we are constantly reviewing the candidate experience and interview process to find the best talent to work at LivePerson. If you have any further suggestions for us ... More

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LivePerson.

Interview

I met with 4 people (a lot for an entry-level role). All had very different questions...but very simple nothing outside of the box. It can be a long process depending on who is the coordinator. Some like to move quickly (next day), some will take their time (weeks).

Interview Questions

• Nothing unexpected- I was asked "this is a very broad objective, can you tell me what you mean by this?"   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiating. I was offered an hourly pay since it was for a contract.

Front End Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at LivePerson.

Interview

Started with a phone screening by HR and then was invited for a technical interview which included 4 people. The interview included a written test covering HTML,CSS,Javascript,UNIX commands and SQL. They were asking about projects that I have done in the past and if I have any problems with long hours.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at LivePerson (New York, NY) in August 2014.

Interview

Everyone at LivePerson seems really welcoming and extremely intelligent. I thought the office vibe was very cool, open and made it seem fun. I had several interviews, but only two of them were in person, which I was told that they wanted to be respectful of my time and most of what they do is over video conferencing. I appreciated this actually because I've been on some interviews lately where I am brought back several times and lose the thread along the way. I got the sense that I was interviewing for more than one position, so I was thrown off a little bit because I wanted to research the actual role and speak to it well.

Interview Questions

• Being asked what a low point in my life was and then asked what a highlight was, gave me a moment to express who I am personally. I liked it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation was on point and they were able to meet me where I wanted to be in the next role.

LivePerson Response

Jul 3, 2015 – VP, Global Head of Talent Management

Welcome to the family and thanks for sharing your experience during the interview process. We always want to hear more about our candidates in a personal way by asking questions that really drive ... More

VSA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at LivePerson (Atlanta, GA) in August 2014.

Interview

You will be interviewed over the phone then invited to face to face. Expect to be there for about 2 hours. You will interview with two different teams, then asked to take a test on a laptop. The test basically asks you to look up questions on the company website.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you could not complete a task.   1 Answer

Deal Desk Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at LivePerson (New York, NY) in June 2014.

Interview

I interviewed with LivePerson for a Deal Desk Manager role in their New York office. After 2 initial screening calls with their HR person (based in Chicago), I was scheduled for an in-person interview on June 3rd and met with 4 people. Everyone seemed quite professional, knowledgeable, and competent. LivePerson seems like a great place to work. Unfortunately, it's now July 5th and after sending thank-you emails to each team member, including the HR recruiter I had initially spoken with, I still have not received a decision. I reached out a few weeks later to the Hiring Manager as well as the recruiter hoping to get a better idea of timing and their process...radio silence. 10 days later I reached out again to both the Hiring Manager and the recruiter...still, radio silence. I'm not quite sure what goes on inside LivePerson but after this experience I'm happy I didn't receive an offer because it's clear working for this company would have been a complete waste of time. I'm a firm believer that if a company can't show even a moderate degree of professionalism to you as a candidate they certainly won't show that to you as an employee.

Technical Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at LivePerson (San Francisco, CA) in December 2013.

Interview

Very straightforward process. Called to discuss the details of my position and resumé history. Afterwards followed up thanking them for their time and they responded by processing a follow-up team interview.

Corporate Counsel Interview

Interview

Interview process was fairly standard, discussed skills work experience

Payroll Processor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at LivePerson (New York, NY) in February 2013.

Interview

First interview was over the internet. I had 10 simple questions about my background and typical office situations. After 2 days I was contacted by the HR and invited for face-to-face interview. The second interview was with 2 people from HR department since they do not have separate payroll department. Standard questions about my background; they explained the available position; it was a very good experience that took about 1.5 hour. The manager of HR was very professional. The only negative thing was that they change this position from full-time to part-time without any information.

Interview Questions

• Standard questions about personality, background and payroll processes and ADP Workforce.   Answer Question

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at LivePerson (New York, NY) in January 2011.

Interview

Met with the CD, operations manager, and 2 other designers. All really friendly and pleasant; nothing really too intensive from any of them, but also didn't take it too casually. One of them got me a water which was nice

Interview Questions

• Do you have branding experience? What's something weird that makes you happy?   Answer Question