LivingSocial

Updated Dec 9, 2014

3.1

52 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Account Executive Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at LivingSocial in August 2014.

2 interviews. (1) Phone Interview (2) In- Person with role play. Asked in depth questions about my resume and had me role play Livingsocial. I was offered the job 2 day later. I asked for an increase in my base. Took about 2 weeks for the paperwork to be approved.

Other Interview Reviews for LivingSocial

Account Executive Interview

I applied online – interviewed at LivingSocial.

Applied online. 3 days later, HR sent Email requesting time for phone interview. Phone interview lasted about 25 mins. After successful HR phone interview, another call was setup w/sales dir. Spoke to director. He promised to setup in-person interview. Never heard back!

Interview Questions
    • "why do you want to work for LivingSocial?" "What specific skills/experience do you bring to the position?" "What is your perception of LivingSocial?"   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online – interviewed at LivingSocial in June 2014.

Got an email pretty much right after I sent my resume in. Recruiter scheduled an initial phone call for June 2014. We had a quick chat about the company and my background. Nothing out of the ordinary. I definitely had way to much experience for the position. The recruiter said she'd be in touch & to date I haven't heard back from her - very unprofessional!!!

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult - standard questions. What are your strengths & weaknesses....   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at LivingSocial in September 2013.

A recruiter reached out to me through LinkedIn. We spoke the next day on the phone. She asked me some basic questions. I was not offered the job because they were looking for someone to start immediately and I had other obligations. I was a little upset.

Interview Questions
    • What would my most recent employer say my biggest weakness was   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at LivingSocial.

I submitted a resume to LivingSocial and was contacted by a recruiter regarding next steps. I passed the initial interview and then held a third interview with the lead recruiter. During the interview a role/play was conducted. Given my consultative sales training, I asked several questions within the role. The lead recruiter did not respond to my questions, therefore, I went into sales pitch mode (which is never a great idea). Needless to say, I did not pass to the next phase of hiring.

Interview Questions
    • I did not encounter any unexpected questions. What was unexpected was the fact that the recruiting staff seemed to be focused on one type of sales process.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, PA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at LivingSocial in November 2011.

First we did a phone interview with a recruiter. It went well and I was invited to Washington D.C. for a second interview in person. They paid for the entire trip and I was back home (Toronto) in less than 24 hours.

The in person interview I thought went very well. It is a 3 stage process where they ask you to do a mock pitch, tell them about yourself and general computer use.

When I had gotten out of the interview, I called my recruiter and she said that I was in the lead for the job and that they really liked me.

2 weeks later I got an email saying thanks but I was not right for the job.

Not sure what happened but I enjoyed the trip to Washington at least!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at LivingSocial in October 2011.

Interview consisted of a phone screening interview, then proceeded to a mock sales pitch conducted via phone. The first 2 interviews were conducted by their affiliated recruiting company. If you pass the phone sales pitch, you are then cleared to interview in person in Washington DC. In the phone sales pitch, they are looking to see if you have a clear understanding of their sales platform, what differentiates them from other types of advertising, the ability to ask the right types of qualifying questions, overcome objections, and close the sale.

Interview Questions
    • Formal (if you can call it formal) interview gave you 3 mock sales pitch scenarios:
      Hair salon, House Cleaning Service, Frozen Yogurt shop. You role play your sales call with 2 people and make sure you have a firm understanding of the Living Social Platform...

View Answer
    • Tell me about your most difficult sales call or an issue related to it and how you resolved it.   View Answer

Do not believe they have longevity in the market place. My last two interviews were conducted by kids in their early 20's who acted like....kids in their 20's!!!!!! I am a polished attractive account executive and I was shocked by the interview process. I guess I feel it is OK to have a friday dress down day every day, but I question the decision process within the company that decides to have 24 year old Suzy (just out of college or with no college background???) making hiring decisions for the company. I felt like I was talking to my au pair...

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at LivingSocial in September 2011.

My experience interviewing with Living Social is VERY similar to the other posts found here. I had an initial phone interview with a very cordial recruiter, wherein he asked the basic questions in a screening phone interview. He gave me many details of the job, prepared me for the next step, which was another phone interview, and most of the questions he asked of me were general knowledge questions about Living Social, how long I had been a subscriber, if I had any concerns about the company or group discount programs, etc. He told me I would hear from someone via email to set up my second phone interview in which I would be prompted with a fictitious business to which I would have to mock-sell Living Social, and if I was recommended beyond the second interview they would fly me to Washington D.C. for a face-to-face interview. Very different from what I am used to, in that the district manager had no contact with me prior to an interview at the home office. Seemed very impersonal to me, however I felt fairly positive after the first phone interview.

I received an email from another recruiter who gave me my interview time and the number to call in to for the interview. Yet another recruiter and she was somewhat difficult to read, and she would not really respond to my answers, as did the first interview. She would just say, "Okay.." and move on to the next question. During the mock pitch, she told me I was selling to a movie theater and I just went through a basic sales pitch, in which I asked needs questions, etc. and then tried to come up with a creative voucher proposal and then gave features of Living Social and the benefits to the business. She questioned the 50/50 profit share model, and then ended the mock pitch before I could get to a close. It was again, very impersonal. She was friendly however. I felt like since she didn't let me know right then that I was moving forward like the first recruiter did, I probably wasn't moving forward, and two days later I got the rejection email. I hope that this information helps as much as the posts I read prior to my interviews helped me?

Although I am in need of a sales job, I am somewhat glad I am not moving forward with this company. I feel like it is important to find the right fit with the local team, and the DSM didn't even talk to me. I feel like this is a very weird way to build a sales team.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Pretty similar interview process to the ones that are mentioned here. I had 2 phone interviews, the first being a simple feel out session (go over resume, make sure you are a good fit) and the second being a role play about the product. After this point they told me that they wanted to send me to Washington DC to do a in person interview. Very good and organized at this point, travel went off without a glitch. They put you up in downtown DC very close to several attractions. When I got to the interview there were about 15 people from all around the country waiting to go through the process. At this point you do 2 face to face interviews, very similar to the phone. They give you some prep and information prior to you coming in so be very very prepared when you come in. At this point they decide if they want you to come in to do an afternoon interview. I was selected and the afternoon interviews consisted of a knowledge check (technology) and a face to face interview. After this an assistant tells you that they will be in contact with you in a week and that is it. Since you are not getting interviewed by anybody in your city I do not think that they make offers on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • If my business has already done Groupon and my campaign was unsuccessful why would I do LivingSocial?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

The process took a dayinterviewed at LivingSocial in September 2011.

Was a phone interview that took about 25 minutes, very typical intro of company, intro yourself, why you feel you'd be a good candidate. The lady was nice, said she had been with co for about 8 months, sounded very intelligent. Call ended with we will contact you within 3 business days to determine if you'd move forward for ock interview.

Interview Questions
    • What types of unique services would you like to offer through living social?   View Answer

I'm still in process