LivingSocial Account Executive Interview Questions

3.1

51 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Boston, MA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online - interviewed at LivingSocial in June 2014.

Got an email pretty much right after I sent my resume in. Recruiter scheduled an initial phone call for June 2014. We had a quick chat about the company and my background. Nothing out of the ordinary. I definitely had way to much experience for the position. The recruiter said she'd be in touch & to date I haven't heard back from her - very unprofessional!!!

Interview Questions
  • Nothing difficult - standard questions. What are your strengths & weaknesses....   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for LivingSocial

Account Executive Interview

I applied online - interviewed at LivingSocial.

Applied online. 3 days later, HR sent Email requesting time for phone interview. Phone interview lasted about 25 mins. After successful HR phone interview, another call was setup w/sales dir. Spoke to director. He promised to setup in-person interview. Never heard back!

Interview Questions
    • "why do you want to work for LivingSocial?" "What specific skills/experience do you bring to the position?" "What is your perception of LivingSocial?"   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied through other source. The process took 1 week - interviewed at LivingSocial in July 2011.

Interview process was much like a cattle call, being moved from one interview room to another for approximately 5 hours. Process could have been performed by one individual with some business knowledge and over the age of 30. Being a District Manager for a competitor and being over the age of 40 with 20 years experience being asked basic questions by kids in their 20's was insulting. I couldn't believe I was actually asked by someone interviewing me what B2B was. I wouldn't have hired that person for a receptionist position yet she was interviewing me. Out of the 30 individuals that interviewed with me only 3 where called back for second interviews, all under 30, except me, with very little experience. Seasoned sales people should not waste their time if they are over 35 interviewing with this company.

Interview Questions
    • I couldn't believe an early 20 something female was asking me what B2B was on my resume. As a former District and Regional Manager for GM I was shocked and saddened I was wasting my time with interviewing with them.   Answer Question

I prefer to work for a company that has experienced management personnel in their ranks. Although I know this company is young and growing I did not wish to be the father of my employees.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at LivingSocial in September 2013.

A recruiter reached out to me through LinkedIn. We spoke the next day on the phone. She asked me some basic questions. I was not offered the job because they were looking for someone to start immediately and I had other obligations. I was a little upset.

Interview Questions
    • What would my most recent employer say my biggest weakness was   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at LivingSocial in May 2009.

Rigorous interview process, but impressed with the entire outfit. Upon uploading a resume to their website, if you're a good candidate, you will be contacted by phone to setup an initial interview. Once I passed that interview, I was flown to Washington DC (on their dime), placed in a nice hotel, and shuttled to the Living Social home office along with a van load of other candidates. Once there, you are put through a private interview. If you make a good impression, you then sit through a group interview. If you still make a good impression, you are given the opportunity to present a mock sales presentation and closing. Final selections are made after you go back home.

Interview Questions
    • Mock presentations are always nerve wracking. Study up on the company and prepare something ahead of time that you can adjust if necessary.   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at LivingSocial.

I submitted a resume to LivingSocial and was contacted by a recruiter regarding next steps. I passed the initial interview and then held a third interview with the lead recruiter. During the interview a role/play was conducted. Given my consultative sales training, I asked several questions within the role. The lead recruiter did not respond to my questions, therefore, I went into sales pitch mode (which is never a great idea). Needless to say, I did not pass to the next phase of hiring.

Interview Questions
    • I did not encounter any unexpected questions. What was unexpected was the fact that the recruiting staff seemed to be focused on one type of sales process.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Washington, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, PA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at LivingSocial in November 2011.

First we did a phone interview with a recruiter. It went well and I was invited to Washington D.C. for a second interview in person. They paid for the entire trip and I was back home (Toronto) in less than 24 hours.

The in person interview I thought went very well. It is a 3 stage process where they ask you to do a mock pitch, tell them about yourself and general computer use.

When I had gotten out of the interview, I called my recruiter and she said that I was in the lead for the job and that they really liked me.

2 weeks later I got an email saying thanks but I was not right for the job.

Not sure what happened but I enjoyed the trip to Washington at least!

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at LivingSocial in October 2011.

Interview consisted of a phone screening interview, then proceeded to a mock sales pitch conducted via phone. The first 2 interviews were conducted by their affiliated recruiting company. If you pass the phone sales pitch, you are then cleared to interview in person in Washington DC. In the phone sales pitch, they are looking to see if you have a clear understanding of their sales platform, what differentiates them from other types of advertising, the ability to ask the right types of qualifying questions, overcome objections, and close the sale.

Interview Questions
    • Formal (if you can call it formal) interview gave you 3 mock sales pitch scenarios:
      Hair salon, House Cleaning Service, Frozen Yogurt shop. You role play your sales call with 2 people and make sure you have a firm understanding of the Living Social Platform...
        View Answer
    • Tell me about your most difficult sales call or an issue related to it and how you resolved it.   View Answer

Do not believe they have longevity in the market place. My last two interviews were conducted by kids in their early 20's who acted like....kids in their 20's!!!!!! I am a polished attractive account executive and I was shocked by the interview process. I guess I feel it is OK to have a friday dress down day every day, but I question the decision process within the company that decides to have 24 year old Suzy (just out of college or with no college background???) making hiring decisions for the company. I felt like I was talking to my au pair...

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Wilkes Barre, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilkes Barre, PA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at LivingSocial in September 2011.

Everything you have read from other posts is accurate in regards to the first two phone interviews. I have just been scheduled for my interviews in DC. I am really looking forward to going through the rigorous process. My advice to anyone in the first or second step of the phone interview process would be to pay attention to the facts that they give you on the company. These will definitely come into play later on in other questions.

Interview Questions
    • How many cold calls would it take you to obtain 5 sales pitches a week?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Antonio, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at LivingSocial in September 2011.

Pretty similar interview process to the ones that are mentioned here. I had 2 phone interviews, the first being a simple feel out session (go over resume, make sure you are a good fit) and the second being a role play about the product. After this point they told me that they wanted to send me to Washington DC to do a in person interview. Very good and organized at this point, travel went off without a glitch. They put you up in downtown DC very close to several attractions. When I got to the interview there were about 15 people from all around the country waiting to go through the process. At this point you do 2 face to face interviews, very similar to the phone. They give you some prep and information prior to you coming in so be very very prepared when you come in. At this point they decide if they want you to come in to do an afternoon interview. I was selected and the afternoon interviews consisted of a knowledge check (technology) and a face to face interview. After this an assistant tells you that they will be in contact with you in a week and that is it. Since you are not getting interviewed by anybody in your city I do not think that they make offers on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • If my business has already done Groupon and my campaign was unsuccessful why would I do LivingSocial?   View Answer

Worked for LivingSocial? Contribute to the Community!