LivingSocial

Getting the Interview

49 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Account Executive Interview

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at LivingSocial in May 2011.

Interview Details – it was just like everyone said on this site. I had to prepare for a sales presentation. they give you 3 different business and scenarios. I had to role play

Interview Questions

Account Executive Interview

The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at LivingSocial in July 2011.

Interview Details – I'm sorry to say that this company was a complete waste of my time. As many other people have said they put you through 2 phone ineterview. Then fly you to Washington D.C. for the next round which consists of a mock proposal and another "tellme about yourself" interview. The entire process was rushed. The phone interview were short and the people weren't able to answer many important questions about what territory I would be in or how many other reps are in the same territory. When I got to D.C, I thought I would have more time to talk to them in more datail, but again the interview process was rushed. They seem to just rush everyone through and don't really get to know you very well. They also aked me to write a 60 day sales plan and never even asked me for it. This was a big waste of my time.

Interview Question – I already had a bad ecperiance with Groupon why would I want to use living social?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – They finally told me that I would be the fifth rep in my very small territory. Also these people want young unmarried people with no kids. I do not wan to work for a company like that! Although I'm 35 (Iconsider myself you) but I am married and have a child.

Account Executive Interview

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at LivingSocial in June 2011.

Interview Details – Awful. Do Not Interview. They will steal your leads during the interview, not offer you the job, then use those leads.

Account Executive Interview

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at LivingSocial in June 2011.

Interview Details – Be prepared to be snap judged. The first part of the interview process was very positive but when I got to DC my perception changed slightly. I was only asked one question in total about myself "Tell me about yourself...". I then moved onto a sales presentation that I was easily able to close but I was still not asked back for the 3rd round of the process. They tell you in a welcome email that if you are or are not asked back for the 3rd round that it is not a indicator of how things went but when I was told they would not need me to stay it was pretty aparent that I did not get the job. What is frustrating to me is that I put togethr a 60 day plan as asked but was never asked about it, I researched the company but was never asked why I wanted to be apart of it. They never asked me a single question about my sales background or how I would plan my day. The interview was actually the easiest interview I have ever had since entering sales maybe if I had made the cut of what it is that they are looking it may have been harder.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at LivingSocial in June 2011.

Interview Details – Three stage interview combined with travel to DC.....Exhausting.

Interview Question – what businesses are not right for LivingSocial?   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at LivingSocial in June 2011.

Interview Details – First I had several phone interviews with a very positive , encouraging young lady. I passed that stage, than was asked to come to Washington DC. I stayed over night as my interview frist interview was 8:20am the following morning.
First impression was that the people that worked there were very young 20's to mid 20's... Since I could be their Mother, I felt out of place.
My first interview was with a nice young girl that was more interested in my personal affairs than in my job experience, which I have over 15 years sales experience selling advertising online to local businesses.With my high success rate. I previously had been a very sucessful business owner as well, so I knew that I was perfect for this position....However, the second interview was to be a mock sales pitch. It was with two young men that seemed to have no interest in my mock sales pitch, infact did not ask me any questions.. I think they dissmissed me from the min. I walked through the doors, I was dressed professionally but I'm sure it was my age that was the deciding factor.. Let's be clear, I look good for my age 40's, I don't smoke or drink., and without sounding conceited, am told that I am pretty.
I was not asked back for the third interview, so I was pretty sure they had no interest in me...I left feeling bad about the entire process, a waste of my time, afterall, they knew from my resume, that I was not in my 20's from the years of experience I possess as a seasoned sales professional.

Why waste my time!!!!

Interview Question – in person Interview #1
 She never asked, so I told the interviewer , why I felt that I would be the perfect fit for this position.
  Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at LivingSocial in May 2011.

Interview Details – I have read every single post regarding the interview proces more than once since my interview process began about 3 weeks ago. Everyone's recollection is on target- 1 phone interview with basic questions, if they have interest they will email you to schedule a 2nd phone interview which consists of a few more quesrions and an on the spot role play. Sould you pass this evaluation, they advise if they want to take it further, the next step would be for them to fly you to DC for in person interviews. I was told to keep an eye on my email for the next few days. I actually received the email by the end of the day inviting me to come to the next stage of the interview process.
I made my arrangements as per details in the email, was also emailed scenario of what to expect. There were to be 2 in person interviews, 1st with a recruiter who asked all typical questions, 2nd with team of 2 where the role play (which I was given details of before I arrived) was done. A few minutes after that, while waiting in the reception area, I was asked to come back later in the afternoon for an additional interview. I did, and that was with another 2 employees/managers. More typical questions- but probing for qualities that would deem you as a good candidate
That was it. Was told it would be 1-2 weeks to hear back. 48 hours after I left DC I received a call and was offered the postion- which I excitedly accepted.

This was a challenging process- not for an amateur. Livingsocial is only interested in an experienced salesperson who fits their mold. I'm not referring to age specifically- but experience, attitude, confidence, personality.

My former experience speaks for itself, but I also went in fully prepared, knowing all I could possibly know about the company and their sales process. I would receommend doing your homework thoroughly.

Most of the negative posts are made by the people whom were not offered the position. Sadly for them, they were either not prepared for the interview, did not have the right experience, or did not make a great impression.

Had I not been offered this position, I would have been disappointed, but my review still would have been a very positibe one ( although I would have not had a clue what I did wrong).

My advice is to read all of these reivews and take away the basic information of what to expect. The rest is up to you.

Interview Question – How many cold calls do you think you would need to make in order to secure 20 sales per month?   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at LivingSocial in May 2011.

Interview Details – I had 2 phone interviews twice 1st was get to know you 2nd role play and present Living Social pitch.
After the role play I was flown out to D.C. for in person interviews. 1st was talk about your self 2nd was a role play/pitch. If you did well on the 1st two interviews you were invited back for a 3rd which I was.
The 3 rd interview was more difficult. This job is about numbers you need to produce a minimum of 20 deals per month. So you need to know your math and how to get the your 20 deals
This is a very young company and it shows. If you are over 50 probably not going to get an offer.

Interview Question – How would you vet a business for Living Social?   View Answer

Account Executive Interview

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at LivingSocial in April 2011.

Interview Details – Applied on line, got email next day to set up phone interview. Interviewed with recruiter, went through resume, overview of the company and benefits. I was offered $40K base plus com. Never heard back from them.

Interview Question – How Many sales calls can you make in one day?   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Account Executive Interview

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at LivingSocial in May 2011.

Interview Details – It was just like all of the posts have said. Two 1- hour phone interviews, the second being the mock pitch. Then the email invite to DC. All travel and hotel paid for by LS. Great hotel! Interviewed the next morning. interview 1 was the one on one, # 2 was with two people, and was the mock pitch, and then #3 was, unlike the other posts, was only with 2 people. This was kind of like American Idol, but for Sales! All of this happened on a Wednesday. I sent my "thank you" notes and on Monday, I sent an email to my contact there. Two hours later I received my "Thanks for playing" note telling me that they were going in a different direction.
It was an exciting interview process, but don't lose your job trying to get this one. One additional note, the driver on the way back to the airport told one of my fellow interviewees, "You got it, congratulations!" but it turned out that he didn't.
I would do it all again, though! It was quite an experience!

Interview Questions

• Why should we pick you?   View Answer
  • Don't underestimate the value of the good ole fashion interview questions.   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at LivingSocial