LivingSocial

LivingSocial Account Manager Interview Questions & Reviews

25 interviews

25 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Account Manager Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at LivingSocial.

They contact me very fast after I sent the resume.
We did a phone interview few questions about my background.

Other Interview Reviews for LivingSocial

Account Manager Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at LivingSocial in January 2013.

Contacted via Linked In. Interview consisted of two phone call sessions. The first was more information regarding the company and the position. The second was more personal into my work history/experience and responsibility/pay structure.

Interview Questions
    • How would you deal with harsh refusals during cold calls?   Answer Question

The line of business didn't match my personality and work preferences.

Anonymous Employee  in  Washington, DC
    Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I interviewed online - interviewed at LivingSocial.

Initial phone screen, then another phone interview with a regional manager. Asked to role play for this interview and successfully moved on to an inperson at corporate headquarters. As indicated by other reviewers, extremely unprofessional "mess" at the in person. Worst interview experience ever!

Anonymous Employee  in  Wichita, KS
    Anonymous Employee in Wichita, KS

The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at LivingSocial in December 2011.

The process was interesting however once I was at the in group panel interview in DC I really got an idea what this company was about. I do believe age is a huge factor in whether you get a job offer, if you are over 40 it's the kiss of death. So glad I did not because LivingSocial is on the decline in my area. Every deal they offer only gets 20 or so purchases. It's so bad that now they do not even show how many actually buy their deals.

Interview Questions
    • In my mock sales presentation he said: "My wife is the owner and I do not make the advertising decisions"   View Answers (3)

Anonymous Employee  in  Washington, DC
    Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

The process took a day - interviewed at LivingSocial in December 2011.

I applied on the company website and received an email back within an hour for a phone interview. The phone interview was very short. What do you know about the company? Why should we hire you? Tell me about your resume?

I didn't get another interview and if I had to come up with a reason I'd say don't compare them to Group On at any stage of the interview.

Anonymous Employee  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at LivingSocial in November 2011.

Typical of everything else posted. Too many red flags for me. Wanted at least 3 specific places I would go to present. I explained I was not going to essentially give them leads to work when I was not far along in the process. They obviously did not like that. They explained the comp plan several times, salary of $43,500 with bonus and commissions on revenue. I simply asked if the bonus was quarterly to which I was told - I can't tell you that...you will learn that at training. Training!!! Really? Why would I accept a job without knowing this. Honestly, think they constantly perform these interviews to get leads.

Anonymous Employee  in  Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

I interviewed online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at LivingSocial in September 2011.

Applied online and recieved an email back for a phone interview with a recruiter an hour later. After two phone interviews and a roleplay sales pitch I was asled to fly up to DC for individual and panel interview. Booked the flight and the day before I was supposed to fly up I received an email that they filled the position.

Interview Questions
    • Sales roleplay - had to pitch a fictitous salon LivingSocial opportunity.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee  in  Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

I interviewed online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at LivingSocial in August 2011.

I had a phone interview after submiting my resume online. That evening they sent me an email that scheduled a second interview. They said I would be doing a mock presentation. The recruiter said I would need to do careful research and know the difference in the company vs. the competitors, etc.

Interview Questions
    • What kind of companies do you think would be good for Living Social?   View Answer
    • What do you think would be the biggest obstacle for a business owner deciding to do a deal?   View Answer

Anonymous Employee  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at LivingSocial in August 2011.

I'm a little nervous now, after reading the rest of the reviews. I have had my first phone interview and I thought everything went well. I was contacted to schedule my second phone interview. All of the signs point to me getting an offer, but from what I've read, I shouldn't get excited.

Interview Questions
    • What deals to you think would be best opportunities for LivingSocial in your area?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee  in  Tacoma, WA
    Anonymous Employee in Tacoma, WA

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at LivingSocial in March 2011.

My first contact was from a recruiter 2 weeks after submission with an interview time already set. In my company typically we would send an intro to assess interest and request scheduling a time. But I have not been on this side for a long time so I decided not to judge and take the interview.

The recruiter was nice, told me I had a great resume she was able to fill out most of the questions on her form from my resume. She didnt ask me much of anything. Then told me that I would be great for the position that she would like to fast track me and send me to San Francisco the following Wednesday for an interview and was I interested? I asked about the position compensation the territory etc before I could say I was interested. She couldnt tell me much, it was a base of $40K with mileage paid, and commissions. I told her I need to earn a minimum of $80k, She stated she didnt know but commissions were not capped.

I decided to continue more out of curiosity, a company would not go through the expense of travel for a $40K position would they?
    Next step was a mock pitch to her over the phone. I really knew nothing of the product the first interview question in fact was, was I am member and did I take advantage of the any deals? I am a sales person a mock pitch on the fly is no big deal for me. 2 hours later I did my pitch and closed it. She told me I would need to get rid of all the research and statistics and focus on the living social and cut the pitch to 10 minutes max as my interview in SF would be very fast paced.
    The interview process was to be 1:1 interview followed by a mock pitch and that they would really hammer objections so be prepared. But keep it 10 minutes or less?
    I received a link for a travel portal, was instructed to make my reservation to arrive by 8am and depart after 5pm I came in the night before. I made my reservation on Fri for a Wed departure, I received an email that the credit card on file was declined and I needed to use another form of payment. I was not going to use my own, They did take care of on Monday.
    When I arrived at the hotel I assumed there would be a packet of information or at least a meal voucher or a meet a greet time something, but there was nothing.
    My interview time was 8:40am luckily I came down early, they had no signs for their location. It was a large corporate hotel with many functions happening at the same time on the same floor they stated. They had the name Super Session on the door, they said to keep it anonymous, but even the front desk had no idea where or who they were.
    I arrived 2 young girls greeted me. One took my picture to put with my resume. I was then asked to wait in a board room. There were 13 other people in the room, only 6 chairs and 5 glasses with a water pitcher but those glasses had already been used. I assumed they would have coffee or something . I have never been asked to travel for a company ever where meals were not included in some fashion.
    My first interview with a young man max 19 years old took place out in the hall. He asked me nothing about my experience and the only thing he asked about my resume is what does B2B mean? He stated he kept seeing that and didnt know what it meant. I thought he was kidding, he wasn’t. I asked about the territory, the sale, the compensation, the existing reps, he stated that was all proprietary information if hired it would be covered in training. I asked his role, he was hired as an intern out of high school to answer face book questions about a year ago. When the alarm on his watch went off my 20 minutes was over.
    The mock pitch was with 2 more young guys. I completed the pitch answered their one objection of they needed more time to think and had them sign a mock contract. 10 minutes to spare, The awkward silence was only broken when they laughed and said did I want to do it again? One was a researcher and one was an intern in legal
    After my pitch I was told I was done. It was 9:30am, my flight was 845pm I called the travel agent number to change my flight I was told I would have to cover any expense for the change in travel. I called my recruiter and told her to remove my application for this position and she asked why which I told her and she was shocked. She said this is how it done, I disagreed but wished her and the company the best of luck.
    For many of the young girls who I met, it was a “dream job” to “get paid to be able to stay home with their kids”. For the true sales professionals we wouldn't get out of bed for $40K. The quotas they have assessed of 20 deals per month before earning commissions, just filling spaces with staff from wherever to conduct the interviews is beyond me. They will never succeed at that rate. I would have thought that with VC money there would management requirements. The burn rate will be obscene, it will destroy the market to have unprofessional unseasoned reps introduce this product.

Interview Questions

Worked for LivingSocial? Contribute to the Community!