LivingSocial

Relevance Date Difficulty

Deal Planning Specialist Interview

Deal Planning Specialist
Seattle, WA

The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at LivingSocial in March 2012.

Interview Details – I applied online March 1 and was contacted for a phone interview within a day. The phone interview went well and I was told I'd hear back within a few days. Almost two weeks passed with no word when I emailed to follow up and was told they'd like to have me come in for an interview. The interview was a panel interview with four people. It felt like it went really well. We shared a few laughs, found similarities in our work histories and generally had a really smooth interview. I was told I'd hear back soon since they were planning on hiring quickly. They never contacted me again. I found it extremely unprofessional for them to take me through all the stages, then never say a word to me again. Based on other reviews I'm happy I found a job elsewhere.

Interview Question – What do you think is the most popular deal that gets sold?   View Answer

Deal Planning Specialist Interview

Deal Planning Specialist

The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at LivingSocial in August 2011.

Interview Details – Submitted an application online and an HR representative contacted me within 24 hours to talk. After about a 45-minute chat (you call in to a conference line, they don't call you - nice departure from waiting for phone calls), the HR rep told me he would be in touch the following week to schedule my in-person interview.

A week went by and I hadn't heard from anyone. I followed-up and was told I would be contacted within a few days. That went fine, and they arranged my in-person interview during a hiring session they were holding. They arranged travel which was a very pleasant surprise and made me think they were very interested in me.

The day of the interview comes and I'm there 30 minutes before. They took me 10 minutes late to meet with two people, who asked me about my background, what experiences I had that related to the position, and more. After about 10 minutes with them, I walked into the next room, where I was asked questions about the job specifically (to get a handle on my mentality). All five interviewers were very friendly, very passionate and each had a different personality - a unique bunch of people.

I felt the interview went really well and was told I would be notified the next week for "next steps." I got a generic email that I didn't match what they were looking for and that they could not offer feedback on my interview. This was the most disappointing part to me about the whole experience - not that I didn't get the job, but because they were so personal and professional throughout the whole process but then treated the rejected candidates to this sort of brush-off.

Interviewing with this company is a great experience up until offer time.

Interview Question – Tell us about a time you were overwhelmed.   Answer Question

Worked for LivingSocial? Contribute to the Community!