LivingSocial Interview Questions

Updated Jun 8, 2015

2.9

Inside Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at LivingSocial (Washington, DC).

Interview

Applied online through Linkedin for a different position. They asked me to come in and interview for Inside Sales so I figured I'd try it even though I have no experience in sales. I got an email about 2 days after I applied. I spoke on the phone with the recruiter twice to discuss the role and potential salary before setting up an in-person interview. I interviewed for about an hour, in two rounds with two people at a time. I heard back the next morning that I had received the job, but ultimately turned it down to pursue a career outside of sales.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with rejection? What motivates you? Describe yourself in three words? What were the 5 best and worst things you learned from your previous employer?   Answer Question

I wasn't interested in a crazy sales role and found the money-driven nature of the sales team off putting.

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at LivingSocial (Washington, DC) in October 2014.

Interview

Received an email from a Representative from the company to schedule an interview. Representative never called. Waited 23 minutes for phone interview. After reviewing some of the other candidate reviews from previous interviews, I see that this is a constant issue with LivingSocial. I am very angry right now and feel very deceived. The company is obviously run very poorly and not a good place to work. First impressions are very important and they left a bad taste in my mouth.

Interview Questions

• While waiting for my telephone interview and sitting here for 23 minutes, I went on GlassDoor.com and researched the company. It turns out the company is notorious for being late on telephone interviews and I have read over some very bad experiences from other candidates.   1 Answer

Digital Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at LivingSocial.

Interview

I was contacted through email after filling out an online application for a initial phone screen. The process took a little over a week to schedule. The recruiter who called me for my phone screen interview might have either called me on her mobile phone because her voice sounded so muffled. I could barley understand what she was saying at times and her questions were not all that great. I am not sure if she was really prepared for the interview. She might have been sick as well because she was coughing throughout the whole interview and again she was very hard to understand over the phone in general. It wasn't her English skills, it was just her general way of speaking was very mumbled and hard to understand at times. Typical situational questions were asked and questions about your experience mainly were the focus of the interview. They might need to hire a better recruiter because she was one of the most bland recruiters I have ever dealt with.

Interview Questions

• What type of digital marketing campaigns have you worked on at your pervious or current employer?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at LivingSocial.

Interview

I applied online and was answered the same day to set up a phone interview. The recruiter seemed excited. However, the day of, she was almost 20 minutes late to call. She seemed very distracted the entire time, not interested. For the most part, she asked your basic first interview questions. She abruptly ended the interview. Just a weird 10-15 minute phone conversation.

Interview Questions

• What can you tell us about our company that will help you excel?   Answer Question

Call Center Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at LivingSocial (Washington, DC).

Interview

Responded to a job posting from LS on Monster.com. Recruiter responded in less than a week -- very quickly! Interview was scheduled promptly with e-mail confirmation. Interview was with two staff members who asked a few questions. Very low pressure, easygoing recruiters.

Interview Questions

• Recruiters asked to do a quick role play of a scenario where they were the customer and I was the call center rep, and needed to help them. Unexpected, but I even made a little mistake during, and they let me start over, possible assuming that I Was just nervous.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Did not negotiate salary as it was already set for that position. Position was temporary.

Senior QA Engineer (Remote) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at LivingSocial (Washington, DC) in September 2014.

Interview

Phone interview w/ recruiter, write tests for a Django Web App (they provide repo) - I thought strange since they are a Rails shop, 5 hour Skype interview.

I liked everyone I spoke with except the manager for role. They came from a hardware background, doesn't know current web testing tools, technologies and libraries. Likes using buzz words but doesn't have background knowledge to back it up.

They have NO automated acceptance tests at LivingSocial. Manager has been at company since May and has not instituted 1 automated acceptance test. The company has been around for 4 years, no automated testing. I'm still puzzled. Good luck!

Staff seems very knowledgeable, easy to talk to and pleasant except the manager for this role.

Interview Questions

• How many selenium webdriver - chromedriver instances can you have running on your local computer?

What is the syntax to do X with regex? - doesn't know the answer of question they asked.

1 Answer

Digital Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at LivingSocial (Washington, DC) in September 2014.

Interview

There are more than five stages of interview for this company and if you havent read the job title yet please read it. I interviewed with them for an Internship and they had a lady interview me over the phone and it was well over 30 minutes and then she told me she would forward this to her higher officers and if i pass through them i will have some members from the team ask me some questions and then i will meet with the HR.

Interview Questions

• There wasnt any difficult questions but she suddenly asked me how much will be willing to get from them as salary. normally companies do not discuss this in the first round but it was kind of unexpected   Answer Question

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at LivingSocial in September 2014.

Interview

I had a phone interview with someone in HR. Had a very nice interview with her in regards to culture, skill sets and ability to work remotely. I then got a technical interview. Someone else was to schedule that interview. That person never emailed/contacted me. Luckily the person in HR followed up and made sure that the other person send me contact info for a skype chat with technical manager. Had a nice interview with technical manager. Follow up from the original HR person was that I would take a coding challenge. She sent me an email on info to access challenge but there was no info. I followed up and she apologized. Second email still did not have info on accessing challenge. I called her and left VM and emailed her. I have not heard from her since. I have a feeling that the position was filled and they did not have the courtesy to tell me about it. Rather I was given the run around on accessing the challenge.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at LivingSocial (Washington, DC) in August 2014.

Interview

I applied for the Inside Sales Rep via the website, and a friend working there also recommended me. I was contacted by a recruiter on the phone and went through the interview. She was incredibly enthusiastic about me, and then let me know that there were actually no job openings available, but hopefully there would be soon. She called three more times to check up on my job search and make sure I was still interested in working with LivingSocial. On the third call, she let me know that people had been promoted so they were "so excited" to have me come in for the interview, and sent me an interview package with questions that I should prepare for. I went in, and there was a plethora of just out of college kids also waiting to be interviewed. I am mid-career, having been laid off about 7 months ago and looking for a career change to a more stable industry. I went in for my first interview and the interviewers were very concerned that I hadn't had the type of sales experience where you are calling a hundred people a day. I explained that while it wasn't directly sales, I had had job experience where I was calling over 100 people a day to negotiate deals and obtain assets. They seemed satisfied with my responses, though they didn't ask a single question from the interview packet. They they didn't know that there was apparently a second part of the interview, so I almost left, but luckily saw my recruiter before walking out the door who ushered me back inside to just kind of speak with a senior sales person. That lasted about 10 minutes and we were done. There was no sample pitch like I had read on GlassDoor.

Interview Questions

• Do you think you will be able to handle being on the phone calling over 100 people a day?   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at LivingSocial in August 2014.

Interview

2 interviews. (1) Phone Interview (2) In- Person with role play. Asked in depth questions about my resume and had me role play Livingsocial. I was offered the job 2 day later. I asked for an increase in my base. Took about 2 weeks for the paperwork to be approved.