LivingSocial

LivingSocial Sales Executive Interview Questions

2.5

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Executive Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at LivingSocial.

Phone call asking general questions. Set up follow up interview.

Interview Questions
  • 2nd phone call was a role play. Interviewer gave me the scenario and I had to pitch them. Had lots of objections to overcome.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for LivingSocial

Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amsterdam (Netherlands)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amsterdam (Netherlands)

The process took 5 daysinterviewed at LivingSocial in March 2011.

First Face to face with recruiter in dutch. After Phone interview from Washington in english. Interview with salesmanager in dutch. Then we went with 9 people to Londen for a face to face interview, a presentation and a sales pitch. It took all day because we have to wait on our turn.

Interview Questions

It wasn't very Social there.....from the 9 people they choose 4people ....if they choosed everyone then I should except the job, because the people they did'nt choose where the best( in my eyes !)

Sales Executive Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at LivingSocial in January 2011.

My interview actually consisted of 3 phone interviews. The first interview was with a recruiter for Livingsocial that was a pretty generic interview, not really sales related. The woman just wanted to check for a pulse. She said they were looking for someone energetic, go-getter etc. So this first interview was about building a relationship with the recruitor . It went about 45 minutes. I passed that interview, so she set me up for the next step, another phone interview about a week and a half later with another recruiter (woman). All of their recruiters are home based somewhere on the east coast. The second interview consisted of 15 minutes getting to know you and then the famous "role play". Now, having been in sales for quite some time, and having been through high level professional selling courses, (like SPIN selling), and having managed and trained sales teams, I thought I was ready. So here is how it went. The recruiter made up a scenario of me having to go in and sell Livingsocial to a retail shop. I thought I asked the right questions, like "what kind of problems are you experiencing, what are you trying to accomplish, if I could show you a way to increase your business, get new customers, etc". I sort of passed the interview, because she said I was a nice guy, but I quite didn't get the role play. So I would have to go through another role play with a 3rd recruiter in a couple of weeks. Now let me point out that these recruiters, who probably have never sold crap in their entire lives, are trying to hire salespeople with a contrived role play. So during the role play, they make up imaginary answers to their imaginary business. It reminds me of a dog chasing its tail. The role play has no basis in reality! A true business owner has concrete answers from their real life experience running their business. It reminded me of being in a college class where you do a case study and everyone comes up with the conclusion to fire the board of directors. Hello, is anyone out there?? So, now on to the third interview with another woman recruiter. This time the role play was for 30 minutes. The scenario was I was supposed to sell livingsocial to a restaraunt owner who has seen her business stagnate with repeat clientele. So after I did the needs analysis "what are your problems, what are the implications of no new clients, etc" i explained that Livingsocial could bring new clients in the door, she could turn them into longterm clients, have a chance to upsell them, increase her longterm revenue stream and get measureable results, she repeated back to me what I just said to her and told me I didn't say any of it!! Apparently, she might have been smoking medical marijuana, cause she didn't seem to remember a darn thing! So 3 interviews, and then a rejection e-mail saying I was unqualified. My observations: The recruiters don't know anything about sales. The contrived role play is their method of hiring sales people. They are really looking for "used car salesman" who can turn and burn accounts. The business model is to sign up as many new retail accounts as you can, because they don't want to repeat clients if they don't have to. Which means, pretty much, a one call close, I'll never see you again, so I'll tell you anything to get you to sign up. So this is a burn up the shoe leather job, wear out the transmission in your car job, maybe a second job out of college job where they want you wet behind the ears living in a fantasy land of role play. The base pay is supposed to be $40,000 and on track for $65,000. By the way, all of the recruitors had a condescending attitude with a little bit of a smirk. Glassdoor rocks, because I had read up on this company before doing this interview, and the reviews were right on the money.

Interview Questions
    • My business is a restaraunt with the same steady customers week after week. (Role play questions are up to you)   View Answer
    • I'm an owner of a horse stable. W sell riding lessons and high end clothing.
      (Role play questions are up to you)

View Answer