LivingSocial

LivingSocial Traffic Coordinator Interview Questions

3.3

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at LivingSocial in January 2011.

After applying online I was asked to have a phone interview, which was easy and short. At the end of that interview she told me I would be recommended for the next phase, another phone interview. The next phone interview was basically the same, again I was told I would be recommended for the next phase. I was invited for an in person interview in their office in Chinatown. When I arrived there didn't seem to be a front desk or a receptionist, but the guy who interviewed me on the phone last came over from his desk.

Their offices were cluttered and hectic. People were everywhere, I bet they had 200 cubicles crammed onto that floor. Everyone was young, mid twenties it looked like. It was a relaxed atmosphere, most people were wearing jeans I think. I got a slight hipster vibe, so i was little worried I didn't look cool enough in my black suit and tie.

Then I was taken back for an interview with three individuals. One guy seemed to be in charge and the other two seemed fairly confined to a script that the other one had provided. They took turns asking me pretty basic interview questions. I feel like I nailed this part and made myself very likable and we had a good conversation. The leader asked me some strange questions that were basically like "how would you like to work in a really disorganized and inefficient place?" I wasn't sure how to respond and I was hoping he was only making up a hypothetical and not describing the workplace. Then I was given mock scenarios specific to the position like:

Organize these categories according to which day of the week a deal would do best on (then I was given a list of categories).

Which deal would do better (with a choice of 2). Several scenarios like this.

They said there was no right answer so I basically just evaluated the merits out loud of each option and pretty arbitrarily chose which one I would go with. I assume these are things I would learn very quickly on the job.

Anyways, the guy leading the interview was pretty smug and thought he was God's gift to interviewing people. I don't think I would have gotten along great with him if I had to work under him. The position seemed right up my alley, matched my experience and interests well so I would have take the position if offered.

I sent a thank you note that day and followed up again a week later. I received an email saying they "at this time, we are moving ahead with other candidates for the Traffic Coordinator role, and will be unable to continue the interview process with you."

In other words: "We haven't filled this position yet, but we definitely don't want you."

I appreciate that they got back to me at all, but in the end it was pretty discouraging.

Interview Questions
  • Do you work better on a team interacting with others or on solo projects working alone?   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for LivingSocial

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at LivingSocial in January 2011.

Initially I was contacted by a recruiter trying to see if I was at all interested in a Sales position. I spoke with her about it for some time, but ultimately told her that I would prefer to look into other positions within the company before moving forward with sales. I gave her the two additional positions I wanted to be considered for and she forwarded my resume along to the hiring manager.

I was then contacted by the hiring manager who had a great conversation with me. He immediately wanted to set up some in-person interviews for the following week. He had a HR specialist set the in-person up via email. Since the hiring manager was the same for both positions he said he knew a few managers would be interested in meeting me. From what I knew, I was meeting with managers for both jobs. But, after halfway through my group interview with 4 Livingsocial employees I was notified that this interview was only for the Traffic Coordinator position. (after I had already stressed my skills and how strong of a match I was for the research analyst role)

The office is really laid back, I felt almost uncomfortable in my suit. I even tried to look more trendy since they were such a young organization, but still felt overdressed. They don't have a meeting room, we interviewed in their "game room."

Honestly, I thought I did pretty well in my three interviews, but I think the thing that messed me up was my strong interest in the research role when I was only in a traffic coordinator interview due to the miscommunication from their HR specialist.

Interview Questions
    • Out of our 7 categories, what items would you list on each day of the week?   View Answer

Traffic Coordinator Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at LivingSocial in October 2010.

I applied for the Traffic Coordinator position at LivingSocial and very quickly received a response for a phone interview. The phone interview was a human resources screener/recruiter whom I assume just wanted to ensure that I was a real person and not insane. There were not many questions and they were very general. The screener also gave a very brief overview of the job description. Then, a couple of days later I received an email asking for an in person interview. I was interview by two people from the traffic department. Some situational questions were asked, as well as general interview questions about myself as employee and what type of environment I thrive in. The two interviews took a full hour. I felt okay about the interview, but received notice a few weeks later that they did not want to hire me and that they could not provide feedback on why I was not hired.

Interview Questions
    • What do you look for in a working environment?   Answer Question
    • Do you like to work in a team or do you work better independently?   Answer Question
    • What industries do you think sell the best with LivingSocial? Does geographic location make a difference?   Answer Question
    • Are you able to deliver bad news to your fellow employees (sales reps)?   View Answer