Liz Claiborne

Very Easy Interview

Pattern Maker Interview

Pattern Maker
North Bergen, NJ

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Liz Claiborne.

Interview Details – 3 day trial with pay, to start with fitting and correction of pattern, process modified pattern and test out the correction through entire flow, which including cutting a new garment in actual goods with corrected pattern, re-fit to see the result.

Negotiation Details – offer was satisfied, no negotiation needed.

Store Manager Interview

Store Manager
Las Vegas, NV

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Liz Claiborne.

Interview Details – Interview via telephone with recruiter, one on one with DM, and One on one with regional

Negotiation Details – Smooth and easy to relate to external situations

Department Manager Interview

Department Manager
Secaucus, NJ

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Liz Claiborne in November 2009.

Interview Details – Interview with District/Store Manager

Interview Question – How can you contribute to this company   Answer Question

Sales Director Interview

Sales Director
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Liz Claiborne in March 2009.

Interview Details – Phone interview then in person interviews with 5 different people - HR to start then division VP and peers. Got a good vibe from all.Very positive feedback about their experience. A lot of role playing and asked specific questions about relationships with accounts - people titles.Asked alot about management style and how I got results from my team.

Interview Question – Why did you leave your last position >   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Pretty cut and dry. The offer was fair.

Applications Designer Developer Interview

Applications Designer Developer
North Bergen, NJ

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Liz Claiborne in February 2008.

Interview Details – telephone screening followed by an in person interview.

Interview Question – what do you want to do 5 yrs from now.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did a clumsy job negotiating. Hence had to move to different company to get a bump.

Floor Supervisor Interview

Floor Supervisor

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Liz Claiborne.

Interview Details – I was interviewed by the store manager, who then passed me along to the assistant manager for approval. This was confusing, especially when the assistant manager hugged me at the end of the interview and told me she just loved me so much, and they would call me within the week to let me know if I had the job.

Interview Question – This job requires varying work hours and we might ask you to stay longer than your original scheduled shift... are you married? Have kids?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate a slightly higher starting wage given my past retail management experience, as well as could delay my start date until after my vacation (which I was on when they called to offer the job).

Very Easy Interview

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
Los Angeles, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Liz Claiborne in January 2008.

Interview Details – Walked into store, asked manager if they were hiring, was handed a paper application which I brought back the next day. (It covered my educational experience, job experience, 3 references, and contact information. Very sparse.) Got a call 2 days later saying I was hired and given a starting salary, which I accepted.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for Liz Claiborne?   Answer Question

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Senior Financial Analyst

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Liz Claiborne in April 2009.

Interview Details – This was a simple interview. It last a couple of hours one day. I came in met with HR then met with my hiring manager and their VP.

Interview Question – How did I improve a process?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I negotiated them paying for my cobra. That was about it. I tried for more money but they declined.

Internship Interview

Internship
New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 months - interviewed at Liz Claiborne in March 2009.

Interview Details – At first the company seemed great, and I was so excited about my interview. As the process continued the staffing department continued to flake out on me. I kept being told a decision hasn't been made, their loss by the time they offered me the position I accepted a different one.

Interview Question – Which of our brands is your favorite?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – They took forever to get back to me, and by the time they did I was so turned off by the organization I accepted a position with a competitor.

Manager Interview

Manager
Bluffton, SC

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Liz Claiborne in August 2010.

Interview Details –

Interview Questions

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Liz Claiborne? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Liz Claiborne interview questions and advice. All 11 interview reviews posted anonymously by Liz Claiborne employees and interview candidates.