Lloyd's Register Interview Questions

Updated Oct 6, 2014

2.7

Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Lloyd's Register.

Hiring process was three-phase.

Phase one: phone interview with man who would be my boss, during which he explained my job would not involve much engineering (my degree).

Phase two: SItting with aforementioned unkempt individual as he explained my job would be checking off objects of a list.

Phase three: sitting with HR lady and working through details of my employment.

Interview Questions
    Minimal. They offered a decent salary

API Inspector Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Lloyd's Register.

On-site interview, started with HR recruiter--introduced the position and asked about your background. Then the real interview, is a group including the manager and the team member. Just straightforward questions related to your experience to the jon function.

Interview Questions
    They do not negrotiate with you. You choose to accept or no. The salary is disappointed, lower than expected, benefit is better than average.

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Lloyd's Register in August 2012.

Got the job through a temp agency. Afterwards, they will make you a full time offer. This can take up to 3-12 months before they ask you to become permanent.

Interview Questions
    I just went inside the office and asked for a few thousand dollars extra.

Vice President Business Development Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Lloyd's Register in November 2010.

Can vary from multiple interviews to a single interview. If you think you have a shot at a senior position, take a chance. I've seen people with 2 years experience get hired for very senior positions. Some managers hired for sectors with absolutely no experience.

Interview Questions
    Wouldn't budget on salary, but lots of flexibility on signing bonus, vacation, and relocation expenses.

Client Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Lloyd's Register in May 2008.

Met with HR, and then a second interview with Client Services manager, overall hiring and interview process was simple and fair.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle negotations with other team members?   View Answer
    I was able to negotiate a higher salary than what was initially offered, only be a couple of thousand more a year.

Senior Surveyor Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Lloyd's Register.

Very detailed interview; five to six persons were on board; difficult to answer the questions; not that it is because all are tough questions; persons working there are not brillaint

Interview Questions
    • what was your prior experience? what way you can be helpful to the company   Answer Question

Accounting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Lloyd's Register in March 2014.

Very good interview, the people I met were very down to earth, and making an effort to create quite a comfortable environment. Very international in their approach. They explained the company in detail, and then went to their questions (following a guide).

Interview Questions
    • Some typical questions (weaknesses, etc) and some behavioural interviewing (tell me when you did...)   Answer Question

another better job

Marine Graduate Training Scheme Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

interviewed at Lloyd's Register in February 2014.

Telephone interview. 20 minutes. 3 competency questions + why do you want this position?

Interview Questions
    • A time that you had to explain something to a state holder and what was the outcome.   Answer Question

Marine Graduate Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Lloyd's Register in February 2014.

As described online. 4 Competency based interviews in total- better practice talking about your experiences over and over again, reinventing your stories. Assessment centre is groups of max 6, no competition between attendees. Very pleasant atmosphere. Brush up on your computational skills (no calculator allowed) as they will test your psychometrics.

Summer Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online – interviewed at Lloyd's Register.

1. Apply Online: cover letter, work experience, grades from uni/school
    2. Telephone Interview (20 mins) : 4 competency questions and 'why do you want to work for the company'
    3. Face to Face Interview (1 hour): 6 different competency questions, name everything you can about the company, name competitors.

Do your research on the company!!!!

Interview Questions
    • Most are basic competency questions. Harder ones are questions on professional expertise ie developing knowledge.   Answer Question