Lloyd's Register

Updated Feb 22, 2015

2.7

Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Lloyd's Register.

Hiring process was three-phase.

Phase one: phone interview with man who would be my boss, during which he explained my job would not involve much engineering (my degree).

Phase two: SItting with aforementioned unkempt individual as he explained my job would be checking off objects of a list.

Phase three: sitting with HR lady and working through details of my employment.

Interview Questions
    Minimal. They offered a decent salary

API Inspector Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Lloyd's Register.

On-site interview, started with HR recruiter--introduced the position and asked about your background. Then the real interview, is a group including the manager and the team member. Just straightforward questions related to your experience to the jon function.

Interview Questions
    They do not negrotiate with you. You choose to accept or no. The salary is disappointed, lower than expected, benefit is better than average.

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Lloyd's Register in August 2012.

Got the job through a temp agency. Afterwards, they will make you a full time offer. This can take up to 3-12 months before they ask you to become permanent.

Interview Questions
    I just went inside the office and asked for a few thousand dollars extra.

Vice President Business Development Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Lloyd's Register in November 2010.

Can vary from multiple interviews to a single interview. If you think you have a shot at a senior position, take a chance. I've seen people with 2 years experience get hired for very senior positions. Some managers hired for sectors with absolutely no experience.

Interview Questions
    Wouldn't budget on salary, but lots of flexibility on signing bonus, vacation, and relocation expenses.

Client Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Lloyd's Register in May 2008.

Met with HR, and then a second interview with Client Services manager, overall hiring and interview process was simple and fair.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle negotations with other team members?   View Answer
    I was able to negotiate a higher salary than what was initially offered, only be a couple of thousand more a year.

Marine Trainee Graduate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chennai (India)
    Anonymous Employee in Chennai (India)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Lloyd's Register in February 2015.

Direct Face to face interview in chennai office.Full Structures part and also our background check Very detailed interview difficult to answer the questions; not that it is because all are tough questions; persons working there are not brillaint

Energy Summer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Lloyd's Register.

Online application - 20 minute competency based interview - 1 hour face to face competency based interview in London office.
    Fast procedure, took 4 weeks from the application to the face to face interview.
    Friendly HR interviewers.

EMEA Head of Talent Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

One of the worse selection processes I have come across. Following applying correspondence was minimal and had to constantly chase my application. Even had to reach out to senior people in the business to try and get some traction to the application.
    Recruiter I managed to track down dealing with the application was too unprofessional to take a telephone call so had to keep emailing him which turned into a long process when everything could have been sorted in one 5 minute telephone conversation.
    In the end withdrew my application - one of the worse candidate experiences I have come across

Senior Surveyor Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Lloyd's Register.

Very detailed interview; five to six persons were on board; difficult to answer the questions; not that it is because all are tough questions; persons working there are not brillaint

Interview Questions
    • what was your prior experience? what way you can be helpful to the company   Answer Question

Accounting Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Lloyd's Register in March 2014.

Very good interview, the people I met were very down to earth, and making an effort to create quite a comfortable environment. Very international in their approach. They explained the company in detail, and then went to their questions (following a guide).

Interview Questions
    • Some typical questions (weaknesses, etc) and some behavioural interviewing (tell me when you did...)   Answer Question

another better job