Lloyd's Register Interview Questions in London, England

Updated Jun 14, 2015

2.9

Marine Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Lloyd's Register (London, England (UK)).

Interview

20 Minute phone interview at time of my choosing, composed of standard competency questions. followed by an hour long interview in London office with friendly HR person. More intense questions with a few extras thrown in. Accommodation and travel paid for, which is always good. Impressive headquarters in central location.Quick response with any questions I had. Overall a good experience.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Lloyd's Register (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Applied online, had a phone interview and then a face to face interview at the site. The phone interview was just simple competency questions, you can revise these online. They also asked why I wanted to work for them. The face to face interview was tougher. Again competency questions but this time they had two questions for every competency with a total of 5 competencies to test. Then at the end they asked why I wanted to work for them and everything I know about them.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you've had to make a hard decision. How did you tackle this?   Answer Question

EMEA Head of Talent Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Lloyd's Register (London, England (UK)).

Interview

One of the worse selection processes I have come across. Following applying correspondence was minimal and had to constantly chase my application. Even had to reach out to senior people in the business to try and get some traction to the application. Recruiter I managed to track down dealing with the application was too unprofessional to take a telephone call so had to keep emailing him which turned into a long process when everything could have been sorted in one 5 minute telephone conversation. In the end withdrew my application - one of the worse candidate experiences I have come across

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Lloyd's Register (London, England (UK)) in December 2014.

Interview

Applied online, then had a 20 minute competency based telephone interview. After that I was quickly informed I was successful and invited to an hour or so long face to face interview at the London office, also competency based but with more complex questions than the telephone interview. Both interviewers were very friendly, answering any questions I had. Overall the process was very enjoyable.

Accounting Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Lloyd's Register (London, England (UK)) in March 2014.

Interview

Very good interview, the people I met were very down to earth, and making an effort to create quite a comfortable environment. Very international in their approach. They explained the company in detail, and then went to their questions (following a guide).

Interview Questions

• Some typical questions (weaknesses, etc) and some behavioural interviewing (tell me when you did...)   Answer Question

another better job

Marine Graduate Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Lloyd's Register (London, England (UK)) in February 2014.

Interview

As described online. 4 Competency based interviews in total- better practice talking about your experiences over and over again, reinventing your stories. Assessment centre is groups of max 6, no competition between attendees. Very pleasant atmosphere. Brush up on your computational skills (no calculator allowed) as they will test your psychometrics.

Marine Graduate Training Scheme Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

interviewed at Lloyd's Register (London, England (UK)) in February 2014.

Interview

Telephone interview. 20 minutes. 3 competency questions + why do you want this position?

Interview Questions

• A time that you had to explain something to a state holder and what was the outcome.   Answer Question

Summer Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Lloyd's Register (London, England (UK)).

Interview

1. Apply Online: cover letter, work experience, grades from uni/school 2. Telephone Interview (20 mins) : 4 competency questions and 'why do you want to work for the company' 3. Face to Face Interview (1 hour): 6 different competency questions, name everything you can about the company, name competitors. Do your research on the company!!!!

Interview Questions

• Most are basic competency questions. Harder ones are questions on professional expertise ie developing knowledge.   Answer Question

Energy Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Lloyd's Register (London, England (UK)) in November 2013.

Interview

CV/Cover letter through online portal, then phone interview and then interview in London. The questions were mostly competency based and there were no technical questions. The obvious "Why do you want to work for LR?" was both at the end of telephone and face-to-face interview.

Interview Questions

• Competitors of LR - as they are in 4 industrial sectors I focused on energy competitors instead of all 4 sectors.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Zeo - intern.

Summer Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Lloyd's Register (London, England (UK)) in November 2013.

Interview

Phone interview then interview at London headquarters. All questions competency based. On the phone is based on 2 competency's, 2 questions on each. In London its 5 with 2 questions on each. At the end asked to tell them who their competitors were and what the company does. They make you feel very welcome.

Interview Questions

• A few of the competency questions caught me out, like name a time when you've made an unpopular decision   Answer Question