Lloyds Banking Group

Updated Dec 14, 2014
Updated Dec 14, 2014

3.1

Vice President Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Lloyds Banking Group.

You interview with HR first, followed by a phone interview, followed by in person interviews and a final interview with the MD of the respective group.
    A lot of candidates will be invited in to interview even though it is clear they will not get the job. Managers will usually recommend friends or acquaintances for jobs and know who they want to hire before the process even begins but they still go through the HR process so they can not be accused of nepotism.
    If you are interviewing for a position below Vice President, be ready to speak to the financial statements and how they work together.

Interview Questions
    The Managing Director has final say in the ultimate outcome, but the hiring manager is key and should lobby on your behalf. If you can't enlist the hiring manager, there will be no negotiation.

Spring Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took a weekinterviewed at Lloyds Banking Group in December 2010.

It was a round of interviews at their office near Bryant Park. Over 3 hours met with 6 managers from various departments at Lloyds, half an hour each. All the interviews were resume cum behavioral interviews.

There were about 50 applicants applying for 6 positions. Very competitive and they are just looking for a reason to send you packing.

Financial Reporting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Lloyds Banking Group in April 2010.

I meet with the CFO and the Managing director on the first day. We all got along really well and I got positive feedback form the recruiter. The next day I met with what would be my dorect report. Even the recruirter warned me that she had no personality but I was still taken aback. She was diconnected and distant.

THis was a bacward interviw. Usually the potential direct hire is the easy interview and the higher ups are more hardass.

Lloyds Banking Group Graduate Program- Group Operations Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Lloyds Banking Group.

Just thought I'd share my video interview questions. The questions themselves weren't difficult, but talking to a computer screen and cutting down the answers into 90 seconds was a bit of a weird experience.
    The questions that I got were something along the lines of:
    - what motivates you to pursue a career in this role?
    - are you good at using different sources and explaining key points?
    - do you believe that banks should have ethical standards?
    - are you one to take ownership for tasks and challenges?
    - what do you do to fit in in a new team?
    - time when you solved a challenge
    -improving a process
    -are you good at reacting and adapting to people's behaviour?
    -do you take initiative and want to get involved?
    - what did you enjoy learning about lloyds?
    -are you good at building relationships?
    -when did you exceed someone's expectations in helping them?

Have 12 questions and 90 seconds to answer each, with 30 seconds to think in between. Can pause for as long as you want in between questions.

Now waiting to hear back! Good luck :)

Interview Questions
    • are you good at reacting and adapting to people's behaviour   Answer Question

Commercial Banking - Global Corporates and Financial Institutions Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online – interviewed at Lloyds Banking Group in November 2014.

Online application form that only required you to attach a CV, no competency questions, no cover letter.

Usual SHL tests

Video interview - asked 12 questions, had 30 seconds to prepare for each and 1 min 30 to answer. The questions that I can remember are:
    - why does the role interest you
    - what interests you about Lloyds
    - something about taking initiative
    - would you say you're good at building relationships
    - time when you improved a process
    - your biggest achievement
    - when did you successful help or support someone

It all went past very quickly and I found it quite strange! But I think as long as you try to be as calm and comfortable as possible you'll be fine. I think I prefer telephone interviews. Currently waiting to hear back from them about whether I was successful.

Interview Questions
    • Would you say you're good at building lasting relationships?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East London (South Africa)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in East London (South Africa)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Lloyds Banking Group.

First, it was online test, including numerical and verbal. And then it was phone interview, which was around half an hour. Quick chat at the beginning and comptency questions after.

Interview Questions
    • What do you think we can do to increase public confidence for banks?   Answer Question

Risks Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Lloyds Banking Group in September 2014.

Upload my CV online the asked me to do online test includes numerical test and verbal test after I pass those two tests there will be a phone interview two days after

On Call Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Blackburn, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Blackburn, England (UK)

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Lloyds Banking Group in September 2014.

Made an application online where I answered some application questions and uploaded my CV, at this point they just want to know if your bankrupt or have any credit history or been court for any financial reasons. Then was emailed to undertake some online test one of the tests include algebra style questions eg. ?÷3+ 342=358 and a memory test.
    After passing the tests I was invited to book an interview online, had to chase HR careers up for about a month on awaiting for new interview slots to book but eventually was told to log in and book an interview slot.
    Interview was straight forward explained everything such as uniform will be provided, holidays, training, availability, overtime etc. Interview was customer service orientated as it is in the field of a retail bank so retail experience would be helpful.

Interview Questions
    • Why Lloyds?   Answer Question
    • Tell me more about yourself?   Answer Question
    • Give me an example of a time you gave excellent customer service?   Answer Question
    • Give me an example of a time where you worked as part of a team to reach your goals?   Answer Question
    • Give me an example of a time you resolved an issue with a customer that was in distress?   Answer Question
    • Name a time where you upheld your relationship with your colleagues? (I can't remember exactly but was something along the lines if this)   Answer Question
    N/A

Manager - Group Corporate Treasury Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Lloyds Banking Group.

Several interviews with team members although coordination between interviewers was laughably poor. Suspect this is true for interview process for many roles as recruitment process seems to be run by the hiring team with no centralised HR process for example.

Interview Questions
    • Technical question on specific field related to the role. Nothing unexpected or left field   Answer Question

Lloyds Banking Group Graduate Program Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Lloyds Banking Group in August 2014.

I sent in my CV, then did online aptitude tests, a non-live recorded interview, a skype interview and then attended an assessment centre. During all of the recorded and live interviews I had to demonstrate business accumen and desire to work in IT whilst being able to demonstrate team work and other work skills.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were fairly straightforward but the assessment centre was rather difficult with the group sessions.   Answer Question