Lloyds Banking Group Interview Questions

Updated Apr 7, 2015
Updated Apr 7, 2015

3.1

Vice President Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Lloyds Banking Group.

Interview

You interview with HR first, followed by a phone interview, followed by in person interviews and a final interview with the MD of the respective group.
    A lot of candidates will be invited in to interview even though it is clear they will not get the job. Managers will usually recommend friends or acquaintances for jobs and know who they want to hire before the process even begins but they still go through the HR process so they can not be accused of nepotism.
    If you are interviewing for a position below Vice President, be ready to speak to the financial statements and how they work together.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The Managing Director has final say in the ultimate outcome, but the hiring manager is key and should lobby on your behalf. If you can't enlist the hiring manager, there will be no negotiation.

Spring Intern Interview

Application

The process took a weekinterviewed at Lloyds Banking Group (New York, NY) in December 2010.

Interview

It was a round of interviews at their office near Bryant Park. Over 3 hours met with 6 managers from various departments at Lloyds, half an hour each. All the interviews were resume cum behavioral interviews.

There were about 50 applicants applying for 6 positions. Very competitive and they are just looking for a reason to send you packing.

Financial Reporting Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Lloyds Banking Group (New York, NY) in April 2010.

Interview

I meet with the CFO and the Managing director on the first day. We all got along really well and I got positive feedback form the recruiter. The next day I met with what would be my dorect report. Even the recruirter warned me that she had no personality but I was still taken aback. She was diconnected and distant.

THis was a bacward interviw. Usually the potential direct hire is the easy interview and the higher ups are more hardass.

Interview Questions

• Why dont you have your CPA?   1 Answer

Investor Relations Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Lloyds Banking Group (London, England (UK)).

Interview

General competency questions: Why Lloyds, why investor relations and why hire you. Then more technical about financial regulation, biggest life change and what makes investor relations important. Two short tests analysing financial documents.

Interview Questions

• Talk to us about how financial regulation has impacted banking in the UK over the last 10 years.   Answer Question

Customer Service Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Lloyds Banking Group.

Interview

I have just had the telephone interview and was successful in reaching the final stage, the recruitment day, which will take place in a few weeks. I found some of the questions quite surprising/challenging, but having read up on the company and prepared some answers for other questions, I managed to form an answer.

Interview Questions

• What do you expect to find the most challenging about the role of customer service advisor?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you had to get to know another person as part of your working life? How did you do this? Why was it important that you established a good link with them? How did you feel about the experience of establishing this link with someone you didn't know previously?   1 Answer
    • Interviewer described a scenario with an angry customer; how would I respond to their complaint and how would I deal with their angry tone of voice. How would I ensure that the customer was satisfied with any action that I took to rectify this?   Answer Question
    • What attracted you to the customer service role and what do you think you could bring to it?   Answer Question

Lloyds Banking Group Graduate Program Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Lloyds Banking Group.

Interview

The application process was fairly standard: "cultural assessment", numeric and inductive reasoning test, video, interview, assessment centre. The assessment centre interview had three sections, motivation, industry awareness and competency. The video interview was similar. Some of the video interview questions were phrased quite awkwardly and it was tough to answer in 90 seconds.

Operations Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Lloyds Banking Group (London, England (UK)) in March 2015.

Interview

first online test,including sjt and numerical question,video interview,interview lasts 300 minutes。 12 questions,30 seconds to prepare and 90 seconds to answer for each question..very easy, just competency questions. then be invited to ac.met problem during video interview and they helped alot

Consumer Finance Graduate Programmer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Lloyds Banking Group (Solihull, England (UK)) in March 2015.

Interview

Application form, Situational Judgement Questionnaire, Numerical and Non-verbal reasoning tests, Video interview and finally assessment centre (group exercise - get to know the group throughout the day!, presentation - be prepared for difficult questions (where is the money?), one-to-one interview - just relax - they are looking for natural responses, you can't really prepare for this bit - read up on the company! and written exercise).

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Just been given a conditional offer yet! Early days!

Personal Banking Adviser Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Lloyds Banking Group (Wolverhampton, England (UK)) in March 2015.

Interview

Online Application

Online test (approx. 4)

Face to Face "selection Process"

Two people interview you, A bank manager of a different bank to your chosen, and some other joey who claims to be in charge of hiring potential candidate, some sort of HR. (probably sucking off a superior to get the job).

The bank manager was fine, kept quiet and observant. The woman was too friendly/fake, would interrupt as you speak. Just stay calm, do not interrupt when they talk over you. Not the best interview process, HSBC has a better process and more professional approach.

Interview Questions

• standard competency based
      Role Play

1 Answer

Finance Graduate Digital Interview Interview

Interview

The interview was made out of 12 questions for which you had 30 seconds to prepare and 1.5 minute to answer. Most of the questions can be found on wikijobs or thestudentroom website, so please be prepared to answer all those questions well.

The interview is pre-recorded, which means you can do it anytime according to your needs.