Lloyds Banking Group Interview Questions

Updated Jul 22, 2015

3.1

Vice President Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Lloyds Banking Group.

Interview

You interview with HR first, followed by a phone interview, followed by in person interviews and a final interview with the MD of the respective group. A lot of candidates will be invited in to interview even though it is clear they will not get the job. Managers will usually recommend friends or acquaintances for jobs and know who they want to hire before the process even begins but they still go through the HR process so they can not be accused of nepotism. If you are interviewing for a position below Vice President, be ready to speak to the financial statements and how they work together.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The Managing Director has final say in the ultimate outcome, but the hiring manager is key and should lobby on your behalf. If you can't enlist the hiring manager, there will be no negotiation.

Spring Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took a weekinterviewed at Lloyds Banking Group (New York, NY) in December 2010.

Interview

It was a round of interviews at their office near Bryant Park. Over 3 hours met with 6 managers from various departments at Lloyds, half an hour each. All the interviews were resume cum behavioral interviews. There were about 50 applicants applying for 6 positions. Very competitive and they are just looking for a reason to send you packing.

Financial Reporting Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Lloyds Banking Group (New York, NY) in April 2010.

Interview

I meet with the CFO and the Managing director on the first day. We all got along really well and I got positive feedback form the recruiter. The next day I met with what would be my dorect report. Even the recruirter warned me that she had no personality but I was still taken aback. She was diconnected and distant. THis was a bacward interviw. Usually the potential direct hire is the easy interview and the higher ups are more hardass.

Interview Questions

• Why dont you have your CPA?   1 Answer

Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Lloyds Banking Group (London, England (UK)).

Interview

2 stage, one technical and another with management. Questions seemed to focus on company and team fit, lots of support but opportunity to move around internally. Interviewer was prepared and interview was fairly relaxed

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work here, how do you feel about support, why are you leaving, skills interview on chosen technology   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Lloyds Banking Group.

Interview

Applied via agency and then had to complete online application. First round interview was technical exam writing code based on SQL server and VBA. Based on the exam was obvious that LBG are working 10 years in the past and are not taking advantage of anything new in SQL Server. You'll be pigeon holed in this career path and not challenged technically. Long winded and very impersonal hiring process.

Interview Questions

• Write a stored procedure that accepts a date range to return data from a set of tables   Answer Question
    • Call the stored procedure via VBA, return data into excel and format, delete all unused worksheets   Answer Question
    • What is parameter sniffing?   Answer Question

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brighton, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at Lloyds Banking Group (Brighton, England (UK)) in June 2015.

Interview

Contacted by a recruitment agency. Submitted CV and contacted again to attend a competency based interview at their office. Only one of two Interviewers attended and interview started late therefore interview felt rushed.

Interview Questions

• Asked about my experience with handling complex Governance structures   1 Answer

Customer Service Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Lloyds Banking Group (Glasgow, Scotland (UK)) in June 2015.

Interview

Two role play scenarios that took place on the main floor, paper script with information. One to one with an existing employee as the "customer" they provided feedback before proceeding to the second scenario. This Was ok but could have been planned better.

Support Analyst Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Lloyds Banking Group.

Interview

Although it was meant to be a two stage process, only one person interviewed me and this was a rewarding experience in which I was asked good questions about my previous role, size of company etc

Interview Questions

• technical questions and competency based questions   1 Answer

Credit Risk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leeds, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Lloyds Banking Group (Leeds, England (UK)) in May 2015.

Interview

The assessment day involved a 1 hour competency-based interview with two managers. Also, I was given 45 minutes to go through a case study and prepare a 10 minute presentation on some questions regarding the case study. Finally, there was a short 30 minute test to review my coding abilities.

Lloyds Banking Group Graduate Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Athens (Greece)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Lloyds Banking Group (Athens (Greece)) in May 2015.

Interview

The first step of the application is composed of a simple form and a cv uploading. The next step is a Strengths and Cultural Assessment and a numerical and inductive test. If you are pass this the possibly ask you for more details on high school certificates. Finally, before the assessment there is a video interview.

Interview Questions

• What excites you about the role that you applied for within the bank?   Answer Question
    • Describe when you ensured somebody received a level of service or support that exceeded their expectations.   Answer Question