Lloyds Banking Group

46 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Vice President Interview

Vice President

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Lloyds Banking Group.

Interview Details – You interview with HR first, followed by a phone interview, followed by in person interviews and a final interview with the MD of the respective group.
A lot of candidates will be invited in to interview even though it is clear they will not get the job. Managers will usually recommend friends or acquaintances for jobs and know who they want to hire before the process even begins but they still go through the HR process so they can not be accused of nepotism.
If you are interviewing for a position below Vice President, be ready to speak to the financial statements and how they work together.

Interview Question – Interviews are pretty straight forward.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The Managing Director has final say in the ultimate outcome, but the hiring manager is key and should lobby on your behalf. If you can't enlist the hiring manager, there will be no negotiation.

Spring Intern Interview

Spring Intern
New York, NY

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Lloyds Banking Group in December 2010.

Interview Details – It was a round of interviews at their office near Bryant Park. Over 3 hours met with 6 managers from various departments at Lloyds, half an hour each. All the interviews were resume cum behavioral interviews.

There were about 50 applicants applying for 6 positions. Very competitive and they are just looking for a reason to send you packing.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself..   Answer Question

Media Interview

Media

Interviewed at Lloyds Banking Group

Interview Details – The process was pretty straightforward. I sent them my CV. They asked me about my previous experience. It was a competency-based interview. The interviewers seemed to be quite friendly. Nothing was put in specifically to catch me out or anything.

Sales Advisor/Customer Service Interview

Sales Advisor/Customer Service

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Lloyds Banking Group in June 2014.

Interview Details – 1. First stage was the online application, where I had to provide all relevant information (approximately 45 minutes).

2. Immediately after this I received an invitation to do 2 online tests: a personality test and numerical test. I was given 5 days to complete these.

3. Shortly after I completed the online tests I received an offer to participate in a telephone interview. In my case it lasted around 30 minutes and was essentially a conversation to confirm I am human, I had to confirm certain information I had provided in my initial application, followed by a few competency based questions. Be prepared to repeat yourself as they are writing down what you say and will ask supporting questions to make sure they understand what you are saying.

4. A few minutes after the telephone interview I was invited to a face-to-face one. This had 2 stages - a proper interview and then some role-play. The first part took around 45 minutes and was similar to the telephone interview, though more in-depth. There were a lot of motivational and competency based questions, such as:

- Why Lloyds?
- Tell me of a time when you had to get out of your way to help someone?
- Could you recall a situation when you had to learn to do something differently, adopt a new process/system?

Following the interview there was some role-play over the phone, as the job is customer service focused.
I was given a fictional scenario which I had 5-10 minutes to read. I then had a conversation with the interviewer where he played a customer to whom I had to sell an insurance package based on his needs.

I was offered the job the following day, so I'd say they're quite quick in assessing the suitability of candidates.

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, though I would advise doing the online tests as quickly as possible and sending the company the information they need promptly as that really speeds up the process.

Customer Adviser Interview

Customer Adviser

I applied online and interviewed at Lloyds Banking Group.

Interview Details – It was very straight way interview. Competency based. I had assessment followed by role play. The interviewers were friendly and nice. They initial did telephone interview which was still competency based.

Assistant Marketing Manager Interview

Assistant Marketing Manager
Bristol, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Lloyds Banking Group in May 2014.

Interview Details – applied online, following a LinkedIn posting got a phone call the next day asking me some questions and inviting me for face to face, meet two of the team who didn't seem experienced in interviewing almost seemed intimidated. asked me generic question off a sheet they weren't very fluid. asked me to prepare my views on Q1 statement for a Q&A but never asked me about it. Still waiting to hear who got the role even though I was told we'd be informed by Wednesday- fingers crossed

Interview Question – Felt like the people interviewing didn't know what to ask   View Answer

Migration Programmer Delivery Manager Interview

Migration Programmer Delivery Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Lloyds Banking Group in May 2010.

Interview Details – One interview; very straightforward, with the hiring manager. Not a lot more to say except it was the shortest process I have encountered and I was there for 18 months,

Negotiation Details – Not applicable

Client Coverage Commercial Banking Interview

Client Coverage Commercial Banking

I applied online and interviewed at Lloyds Banking Group.

Interview Details – Phone interview first, with questions mostly on the state of the economy, the challenges in the financial sector, and how it affects Lloyds in particular, as well as motivations for applying.
I was invited to the Assessment Centre. I started with an individual case study to prepare on a business issue (related to implementing a merger between two banks), and then presented it 1 to 1. Then I followed with an individual interview of an hour with a manager, mostly competency based and nothing out of the ordinary (leadership, teamwork issues, some industry questions...). Finally another case study that I had to individually prepare first and then discuss as a group of 6 people. No presentation needed.

Interview Question – What are the major challenges facing the banking industry right now, how do you think Lloyds is tackling these problems?   Answer Question

Summer Intern - General Management Interview

Summer Intern - General Management
London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Lloyds Banking Group.

Interview Details – Online test -Telephone interview (questions on organization) - Assessment center: motivational interview, business case (a bank case, with outcome of choosing unexpected products), work project. The whole interview was structured with focus on customers (the group is strongly changing toward this direction) and appreciated questions are about culture of the company. It is required to speak about past experiences providing examples following the STAR method.

Interview Question – Just motivational questions about how i solved my problems and what if I could go back in the past, concerning university and group works   Answer Question

Risks Analyst Interview

Risks Analyst

Interviewed at Lloyds Banking Group

Interview Details – they gave me a form to fill out and then i had some tests and i did the tests that was ages ago and they keep saying there are no telephone interview dates why they no interview me

Worked for Lloyds Banking Group? Contribute to the Community!