Lloyds Banking Group

36 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Vice President Interview

Vice President

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Lloyds Banking Group.

Interview Details – You interview with HR first, followed by a phone interview, followed by in person interviews and a final interview with the MD of the respective group.
A lot of candidates will be invited in to interview even though it is clear they will not get the job. Managers will usually recommend friends or acquaintances for jobs and know who they want to hire before the process even begins but they still go through the HR process so they can not be accused of nepotism.
If you are interviewing for a position below Vice President, be ready to speak to the financial statements and how they work together.

Interview Question – Interviews are pretty straight forward.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The Managing Director has final say in the ultimate outcome, but the hiring manager is key and should lobby on your behalf. If you can't enlist the hiring manager, there will be no negotiation.

Spring Intern Interview

New York, NY

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Lloyds Banking Group in December 2010.

Interview Details – It was a round of interviews at their office near Bryant Park. Over 3 hours met with 6 managers from various departments at Lloyds, half an hour each. All the interviews were resume cum behavioral interviews.

There were about 50 applicants applying for 6 positions. Very competitive and they are just looking for a reason to send you packing.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself..   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Lloyds Banking Group in February 2013.

Interview Details – I had two rounds of interviews as i was applying for a contract position. I had two rounds of interviews as i was applying for a contract position. I had two rounds of interviews as i was applying for a contract position. I had two rounds of interviews as i was applying for a contract position.

Summer Intern - Business Technology Interview

London, England (UK)

I applied online - interviewed at Lloyds Banking Group in January 2014.

Interview Details – Easy application, freindly and clear interview process

Interview Question – How i would handle an unethical siutation   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I had better offers

Technology Graduate Scheme Interview

Solihull, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Lloyds Banking Group in January 2014.

Interview Details – After two online tests(numerical and verbal), I got an email inviting me for phone screen. During the phone screen, I was asked about some routine competency questions and some technology related questions like: What issues Lloyds has at the moment? How technology can solve these issues? What are the most important technology discoveries over past hundred of years in your opinion? The following day I received an email inviting me to attend an Assessment Center held in Solihull. The AC was comprised of traditional parts, flip-chart presentation, one-to-one competency questions interview and a group discussion.

Interview Question – What issues Lloyds has at the moment, how do they affect the society?   Answer Question

C S O Interview

Interviewed at Lloyds Banking Group

Interview Details – Hired through the agency

Interview Question – Easy questions, behavioral style phone interview   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Software Developer Intern Interview

London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Lloyds Banking Group.

Interview Details – Followed exactly as the one said on their website, I had verbal and numerical SHLs and it should be good to practice it in advance. Then a telephone interview, questions are more about competency than technical. Something about why you want to work for them and what issues that are involved. The interviewer was quite nice to me and explained everything, however, got rejected after 2 hours with an email saying the process has finished.

Interview Question – Questions are more opened as there will not be a correct answer, but should try to relate answer to the company and recent news.   Answer Question

Lloyds Banking Group Graduate Program Interview

Lloyds Banking Group Graduate Program

I applied online and interviewed at Lloyds Banking Group.

Interview Details – Initial Application to Graduate Scheme. Filled in application form. Then carried out skills tests. Process was clear but riddled with technical issues. Invited to telephone interview and did not enjoy myself, questions were, in my opinion, overly technical for a telephone interview and the interviewer was unfriendly. I decided to withdraw my application at this stage and pursue a masters instead.

Interview Question – The first telephone interview question was: How would you assess Lloyds internal credit risk control structure. This was not a nice surprise.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – (unaware whether i would have got an actual job offer but withdrew during the process) I decided I preferred the option of reentering education rather than join the firm in question. Not overly enamored with the experience though it may have been an anomaly.

Intern Interview

Intern
Birmingham, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Lloyds Banking Group.

Interview Details – application form-numeracy test- phone interview- assessment centre

Interview Question – what is your biggest weakness?   Answer Question

Collections Advisor Interview

Hove, England (UK)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Lloyds Banking Group in June 2010.

Interview Details – Agency recruited me

Interview Question – Salary negotiated on second interview which i did not know   View Answer

Negotiation Details – As above

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Lloyds Banking Group? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Lloyds Banking Group interview questions and advice. All 36 interview reviews posted anonymously by Lloyds Banking Group employees and interview candidates.