Lloyds Banking Group

Updated Jan 21, 2015
Updated Jan 21, 2015

3.1

Vice President Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Lloyds Banking Group.

You interview with HR first, followed by a phone interview, followed by in person interviews and a final interview with the MD of the respective group.
    A lot of candidates will be invited in to interview even though it is clear they will not get the job. Managers will usually recommend friends or acquaintances for jobs and know who they want to hire before the process even begins but they still go through the HR process so they can not be accused of nepotism.
    If you are interviewing for a position below Vice President, be ready to speak to the financial statements and how they work together.

Interview Questions
    The Managing Director has final say in the ultimate outcome, but the hiring manager is key and should lobby on your behalf. If you can't enlist the hiring manager, there will be no negotiation.

Spring Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took a weekinterviewed at Lloyds Banking Group in December 2010.

It was a round of interviews at their office near Bryant Park. Over 3 hours met with 6 managers from various departments at Lloyds, half an hour each. All the interviews were resume cum behavioral interviews.

There were about 50 applicants applying for 6 positions. Very competitive and they are just looking for a reason to send you packing.

Financial Reporting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Lloyds Banking Group in April 2010.

I meet with the CFO and the Managing director on the first day. We all got along really well and I got positive feedback form the recruiter. The next day I met with what would be my dorect report. Even the recruirter warned me that she had no personality but I was still taken aback. She was diconnected and distant.

THis was a bacward interviw. Usually the potential direct hire is the easy interview and the higher ups are more hardass.

Lloyds Banking Group Graduate Program- Group Operations Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Lloyds Banking Group.

Just thought I'd share my video interview questions. The questions themselves weren't difficult, but talking to a computer screen and cutting down the answers into 90 seconds was a bit of a weird experience.
    The questions that I got were something along the lines of:
    - what motivates you to pursue a career in this role?
    - are you good at using different sources and explaining key points?
    - do you believe that banks should have ethical standards?
    - are you one to take ownership for tasks and challenges?
    - what do you do to fit in in a new team?
    - time when you solved a challenge
    -improving a process
    -are you good at reacting and adapting to people's behaviour?
    -do you take initiative and want to get involved?
    - what did you enjoy learning about lloyds?
    -are you good at building relationships?
    -when did you exceed someone's expectations in helping them?

Have 12 questions and 90 seconds to answer each, with 30 seconds to think in between. Can pause for as long as you want in between questions.

Now waiting to hear back! Good luck :)

Interview Questions
    • are you good at reacting and adapting to people's behaviour   View Answer

SME & Mid Markets Interview

I had a "video" interview in which I had to answer Lloyd Bank's questions one by one. There was no 'interviewer', and my answers were automatically recorded. I had to look up at my webcam consistently, as if I am facing my interviewer. The questions were mostly asking my previous work experiences, what I've learned from it, and of course, 'why Lloyds'.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't any questions that overturned my expectations. It was consistent with what previous interviewees reviewed on this glassdoor site.   Answer Question

Customer Service Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Lloyds Banking Group in January 2015.

Very straight forward, applied through a recruitment agency, got a telephone interview which I was successful on (usual customer service questions) then I was invited up for an assessment which I had to do a questionnaire on an iPad to see if I suited the roll, personally I feel this should of been done before the telephone interview as if I had of failed it I would of wasted a 150mile round trip! After that it was two role plays with experienced staff on which I was given a sheet to read of in regards to their polices.

Waited a day got a telephone called and I accepted the job

Interview Questions
    • What makes you different from the other candidates in the lobby?   View Answers (2)
    No negotiation, £9.75hr

Lloyds Banking Group Graduate Program Interview

I applied online. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at Lloyds Banking Group in December 2014.

The whole process is as outlined, so I won't go into much detail. The video interview was standard, I was asked one tricky question which was what I had enjoyed learning about Lloyds banking group throughout my research. Apart from that it was things like should banks uphold the highest moral standards, questions about you, that type of thing. Fairly typical. The assessment centre was held over half a day in London, consisting of a group exercise (something along the lines of what do the Lloyds values mean to you personally and how should graduate should contribute to upholding them, tailored towards your scheme, which was finance for me, discussed as a group and submitted on paper). I also had a 20-minute written exercise on how Lloyds could improve for its customers, and a 8 question in 10 minute numerical test. I struggled to finish due to time, but simple questions. I had to present in 5 minutes on '“An initiative, product or service that will help Lloyds Banking Group be the best bank for customers”, which you have to prepare in advance after confirming your attendance. I printed off some pages and prepared a topic, but you're not given a computer or anything, just a flip-chart. Be careful on timing, they will stop you at 5 minutes exactly, followed by questions. Finally there was an hour-long interview. This was pretty tough, asking about the values and objectives, about what I'd expect to be doing in my scheme, how I could contribute, as well as behavioural questions, do I consider myself someone who seeks to improve myself, do I enjoy helping people understand difficult concepts, that type of thing. It's not a competency based interview, so don't expect the usual format. These exercises could be in any order depending on your timetable. I heard within 10 days.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us what you know about recent changes to our group, the biggest challenges facing the industry and where what our goals in the next 5 years are.   Answer Question

Commercial Banking - Global Corporates and Financial Institutions Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online – interviewed at Lloyds Banking Group in November 2014.

Online application form that only required you to attach a CV, no competency questions, no cover letter.

Usual SHL tests

Video interview - asked 12 questions, had 30 seconds to prepare for each and 1 min 30 to answer. The questions that I can remember are:
    - why does the role interest you
    - what interests you about Lloyds
    - something about taking initiative
    - would you say you're good at building relationships
    - time when you improved a process
    - your biggest achievement
    - when did you successful help or support someone

It all went past very quickly and I found it quite strange! But I think as long as you try to be as calm and comfortable as possible you'll be fine. I think I prefer telephone interviews. Currently waiting to hear back from them about whether I was successful.

Interview Questions
    • Would you say you're good at building lasting relationships?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East London (South Africa)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in East London (South Africa)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Lloyds Banking Group.

First, it was online test, including numerical and verbal. And then it was phone interview, which was around half an hour. Quick chat at the beginning and comptency questions after.

Interview Questions
    • What do you think we can do to increase public confidence for banks?   Answer Question

Risks Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Lloyds Banking Group in November 2014.

Short application form with no competency questions which is followed by logical and numerical tests. If you meet the benchmark for the tests you will be invited to a video interview.

Interview Questions
    • Why the chosen service line?, What have you enjoyed learning about Lloyds?, When have you delivered exceptional customer service?, What do you do to establish a relationship with members of a new team?, Why Lloyds?.   Answer Question