Lloyds Banking Group

Updated Nov 7, 2014
Updated Nov 7, 2014

3.1

Vice President Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Lloyds Banking Group.

You interview with HR first, followed by a phone interview, followed by in person interviews and a final interview with the MD of the respective group.
    A lot of candidates will be invited in to interview even though it is clear they will not get the job. Managers will usually recommend friends or acquaintances for jobs and know who they want to hire before the process even begins but they still go through the HR process so they can not be accused of nepotism.
    If you are interviewing for a position below Vice President, be ready to speak to the financial statements and how they work together.

Interview Questions
    The Managing Director has final say in the ultimate outcome, but the hiring manager is key and should lobby on your behalf. If you can't enlist the hiring manager, there will be no negotiation.

Spring Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took a weekinterviewed at Lloyds Banking Group in December 2010.

It was a round of interviews at their office near Bryant Park. Over 3 hours met with 6 managers from various departments at Lloyds, half an hour each. All the interviews were resume cum behavioral interviews.

There were about 50 applicants applying for 6 positions. Very competitive and they are just looking for a reason to send you packing.

Financial Reporting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Lloyds Banking Group in April 2010.

I meet with the CFO and the Managing director on the first day. We all got along really well and I got positive feedback form the recruiter. The next day I met with what would be my dorect report. Even the recruirter warned me that she had no personality but I was still taken aback. She was diconnected and distant.

THis was a bacward interviw. Usually the potential direct hire is the easy interview and the higher ups are more hardass.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East London (South Africa)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in East London (South Africa)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Lloyds Banking Group.

First, it was online test, including numerical and verbal. And then it was phone interview, which was around half an hour. Quick chat at the beginning and comptency questions after.

Interview Questions
    • What do you think we can do to increase public confidence for banks?   Answer Question

Risks Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Lloyds Banking Group in September 2014.

Upload my CV online the asked me to do online test includes numerical test and verbal test after I pass those two tests there will be a phone interview two days after

On Call Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Blackburn, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Blackburn, England (UK)

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Lloyds Banking Group in September 2014.

Made an application online where I answered some application questions and uploaded my CV, at this point they just want to know if your bankrupt or have any credit history or been court for any financial reasons. Then was emailed to undertake some online test one of the tests include algebra style questions eg. ?÷3+ 342=358 and a memory test.
    After passing the tests I was invited to book an interview online, had to chase HR careers up for about a month on awaiting for new interview slots to book but eventually was told to log in and book an interview slot.
    Interview was straight forward explained everything such as uniform will be provided, holidays, training, availability, overtime etc. Interview was customer service orientated as it is in the field of a retail bank so retail experience would be helpful.

Interview Questions
    • Why Lloyds?   Answer Question
    • Tell me more about yourself?   Answer Question
    • Give me an example of a time you gave excellent customer service?   Answer Question
    • Give me an example of a time where you worked as part of a team to reach your goals?   Answer Question
    • Give me an example of a time you resolved an issue with a customer that was in distress?   Answer Question
    • Name a time where you upheld your relationship with your colleagues? (I can't remember exactly but was something along the lines if this)   Answer Question
    N/A

Manager - Group Corporate Treasury Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Lloyds Banking Group.

Several interviews with team members although coordination between interviewers was laughably poor. Suspect this is true for interview process for many roles as recruitment process seems to be run by the hiring team with no centralised HR process for example.

Interview Questions
    • Technical question on specific field related to the role. Nothing unexpected or left field   Answer Question

Lloyds Banking Group Graduate Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Lloyds Banking Group in August 2014.

Almost whole Interview and stages was done through Hyphen, a 3rd party recruitment agency. There was a phone interview to make sure you are who you claim to be basically, a mathematical test where half the questions were way to hard to be answered within the minute or so alloted to each question (58 in total!), A recorded webcam interview where you record answers to their questions on screen, and finally a live webcam interview on two chosen quotes which you must argue for or against one and conclude.

The assessment center lasted all day, from 9-5. The first half was an interview with 2 managers, answering competency questions. The 2nd half was group work - although there were 8 of us in my team and it made it a little unwieldy - given two tasks - 'name top 5 most significant events in last 100 years' and '15 items in order of importance you would need on a shipwrecked boat 1000 miles from land' Of course the answers are open to interpretation but it;'s about how you justify your choices using logic and/or knowledge already gained.

Got better offer elsewhere

Lloyds Banking Group Graduate Program Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Lloyds Banking Group in August 2014.

I sent in my CV, then did online aptitude tests, a non-live recorded interview, a skype interview and then attended an assessment centre. During all of the recorded and live interviews I had to demonstrate business accumen and desire to work in IT whilst being able to demonstrate team work and other work skills.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were fairly straightforward but the assessment centre was rather difficult with the group sessions.   Answer Question

Media Interview

The process was pretty straightforward. I sent them my CV. They asked me about my previous experience. It was a competency-based interview. The interviewers seemed to be quite friendly. Nothing was put in specifically to catch me out or anything.