Lloyds Banking Group Interview Questions

Updated Mar 19, 2015
Updated Mar 19, 2015

3.1

Vice President Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Lloyds Banking Group.

You interview with HR first, followed by a phone interview, followed by in person interviews and a final interview with the MD of the respective group.
    A lot of candidates will be invited in to interview even though it is clear they will not get the job. Managers will usually recommend friends or acquaintances for jobs and know who they want to hire before the process even begins but they still go through the HR process so they can not be accused of nepotism.
    If you are interviewing for a position below Vice President, be ready to speak to the financial statements and how they work together.

Interview Questions
    The Managing Director has final say in the ultimate outcome, but the hiring manager is key and should lobby on your behalf. If you can't enlist the hiring manager, there will be no negotiation.

Spring Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

The process took a weekinterviewed at Lloyds Banking Group in December 2010.

It was a round of interviews at their office near Bryant Park. Over 3 hours met with 6 managers from various departments at Lloyds, half an hour each. All the interviews were resume cum behavioral interviews.

There were about 50 applicants applying for 6 positions. Very competitive and they are just looking for a reason to send you packing.

Financial Reporting Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Lloyds Banking Group in April 2010.

I meet with the CFO and the Managing director on the first day. We all got along really well and I got positive feedback form the recruiter. The next day I met with what would be my dorect report. Even the recruirter warned me that she had no personality but I was still taken aback. She was diconnected and distant.

THis was a bacward interviw. Usually the potential direct hire is the easy interview and the higher ups are more hardass.

Investor Relations Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Lloyds Banking Group.

General competency questions: Why Lloyds, why investor relations and why hire you. Then more technical about financial regulation, biggest life change and what makes investor relations important. Two short tests analysing financial documents.

Interview Questions
    • Talk to us about how financial regulation has impacted banking in the UK over the last 10 years.   Answer Question

Lloyds Banking Group Graduate Program Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Lloyds Banking Group.

The application process was fairly standard: "cultural assessment", numeric and inductive reasoning test, video, interview, assessment centre. The assessment centre interview had three sections, motivation, industry awareness and competency. The video interview was similar. Some of the video interview questions were phrased quite awkwardly and it was tough to answer in 90 seconds.

Personal Banking Adviser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wolverhampton, England (UK)
    Anonymous Employee in Wolverhampton, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Lloyds Banking Group in March 2015.

Online Application

Online test (approx. 4)

Face to Face "selection Process"

Two people interview you, A bank manager of a different bank to your chosen, and some other joey who claims to be in charge of hiring potential candidate, some sort of HR. (probably sucking off a superior to get the job).

The bank manager was fine, kept quiet and observant. The woman was too friendly/fake, would interrupt as you speak. Just stay calm, do not interrupt when they talk over you. Not the best interview process, HSBC has a better process and more professional approach.

Finance Graduate Digital Interview Interview

The interview was made out of 12 questions for which you had 30 seconds to prepare and 1.5 minute to answer. Most of the questions can be found on wikijobs or thestudentroom website, so please be prepared to answer all those questions well.

The interview is pre-recorded, which means you can do it anytime according to your needs.

Customer Service Advisor Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Lloyds Banking Group.

I have just had the telephone interview and was successful in reaching the final stage, the recruitment day, which will take place in a few weeks. I found some of the questions quite surprising/challenging, but having read up on the company and prepared some answers for other questions, I managed to form an answer.

Interview Questions
    • What do you expect to find the most challenging about the role of customer service advisor?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you had to get to know another person as part of your working life? How did you do this? Why was it important that you established a good link with them? How did you feel about the experience of establishing this link with someone you didn't know previously?   View Answer
    • Interviewer described a scenario with an angry customer; how would I respond to their complaint and how would I deal with their angry tone of voice. How would I ensure that the customer was satisfied with any action that I took to rectify this?   Answer Question
    • What attracted you to the customer service role and what do you think you could bring to it?   Answer Question

Customer Service Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Lloyds Banking Group in February 2015.

I applied on Lloyds website for a Customer Service Advisor position at Halifax. I made the application on 17.01, on 19.01 I received an email letting me know that I passed the first stage of the application process and that I can book a telephone interview slot in the next week. I had the telephone interview on the 30.01. The interviewer was very friendly, he told me few things about the job, the shift patterns and then he asked questions like:
    - What attracted you to this role?
    - What do you know about Lloyds?
    - What do you think is the most important part of this role?
    - What is your biggest challenge?
    - Name a thing you disliked at your current job?
    - How would you act if an angry customer called you to complain?
    - Something about creating a rapport with the customers
    - An example of a time when you provided the best customer service

The telephone interview lasted for 30 minutes, after that I was put on hold so the interviewer could finish his notes (he writes down everything you say). When the interviewer came back he told me that I was successful to this interview and that I have to book a slot for the assessment center. I went to the assessment center where we had a face to face interview where I was asked approximately the same questions as in the telephone interview with more competency based questions like:

- Tell me a time when you received a negative feedback
    - Tell me a time when you had to work as a team
    - Tell me a time when you had to make a decision
    - Tell me a time when you provided good customer service
    - Tell me a time when you went the extra-mile to help a customer

After the interview, we had a group exercise where each of us got a sheet containing a discussion between an advisor and a customer. We had to discuss between us what the advisor did right, what could have been improved. The assessors were taking notes and were not interfering the conversation.
    After the group exercise we had 2 role plays. We got a customer sheet, we had to read it carefully and to answer the queries the customer had. You should be careful at the security checks to make sure that what the "customer" is telling you is the exact same thing as on the sheet you have.
    That was all! To be honest, it was a bit easier than I imagined. The people are very friendly and they make you feel comfortable.
     2 hours after getting home I got a phone call from Lloyds telling me that I have the job!

Intern Interview

There are 5 stages to the process. They are online form, questionnaire, test, phone interview and if you impress them during your telephone interview they'll invite you to an onsite assessment at a location near you. It will include an interview and a role-play exercise. Following the onsite assessment, we will make you an offer if we believe you will succeed on the apprenticeship programme.