Lloyds Banking Group Interview Questions in London, England

Updated Aug 2, 2014

22 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied in-person - interviewed at Lloyds Banking Group in January 2010.

The interview process consists of a mix between value and capability questions. Lloyds has a standard template which is used to guide recruiter in the process. The difficulty level will depend on the recruiter itself - sometomes they ask straight forward questions just to know you better and see how you can fit in the team.

Summer Intern - General Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Lloyds Banking Group.

Online test -Telephone interview (questions on organization) - Assessment center: motivational interview, business case (a bank case, with outcome of choosing unexpected products), work project. The whole interview was structured with focus on customers (the group is strongly changing toward this direction) and appreciated questions are about culture of the company. It is required to speak about past experiences providing examples following the STAR method.

Interview Questions
    • Just motivational questions about how i solved my problems and what if I could go back in the past, concerning university and group works   Answer Question

Operations Graduate Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Lloyds Banking Group.

First stage: complete an application form + CV
    2nd stage: aptitude test + personality test
    3rd stage: Phone interview
    4th stage: Assessment centre (group exercises, presentation and another interview)

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Lloyds Banking Group in February 2013.

I had two rounds of interviews as i was applying for a contract position. I had two rounds of interviews as i was applying for a contract position. I had two rounds of interviews as i was applying for a contract position. I had two rounds of interviews as i was applying for a contract position.

Summer Intern - Business Technology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online - interviewed at Lloyds Banking Group in January 2014.

Easy application, freindly and clear interview process

I had better offers

Software Developer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Followed exactly as the one said on their website, I had verbal and numerical SHLs and it should be good to practice it in advance. Then a telephone interview, questions are more about competency than technical. Something about why you want to work for them and what issues that are involved. The interviewer was quite nice to me and explained everything, however, got rejected after 2 hours with an email saying the process has finished.

Interview Questions
    • Questions are more opened as there will not be a correct answer, but should try to relate answer to the company and recent news.   Answer Question

Commercial Banking General Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online - interviewed at Lloyds Banking Group in December 2013.

Submit an cv and invited to Tele Interview.- why lloyds, why commercial banking, why general management? How general management can help me to reach my career goal?
    -Understandings for Lloyds and general banking industry. Including questions like: what are the biggest challenges faced by lloyds and in the industry, how should they improve
    -A specific example about how you work in a team and lead them to the best they can. What did you learn about yourself from it?

Interview Questions
    • How do you think the challenges faced by Lloyds can be applied to other banks in the industry?   View Answer

Audit Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Lloyds Banking Group.

online application- verbal reasoning test and numerical test-telephone interview

Senior Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Lloyds Banking Group in June 2013.

A very lengthy process that can take 3 months, even though the hiring manager assured me at every stage that it would be a quick process as the contract was an urgent fill. There are less interview stages than at competitor firms. But then they have this odd HR policy where they want to do the screening before sending a written conditional offer can be sent to secure the candidate. It's only a UK focused company and compensation and career development opportunities are limited. Yet they make a massive fuss and take their time as if they thought they were an elite firm like Goldman Sachs! They are just a troubled, tired and bailed out retail bank.

Interview Questions

They took two and a half weeks after final interview to give a verbal offer. By then I thought it was a 'no' and had moved on. After verbal offer they took a month and a half of screening without sending a written offer (their HR policy) and this was only a contract (not permanent job). I had progressed with other firms by then and was turned off Lloyds. It is unprofessional to keep a candidate dangling once, but twice is careless. My gut instinct was screaming for me to drop them. These HR issues are simply the tip of the iceberg of what an employee will find once they start at the firm. They clearly don't see employees as assets from their behaviour. Think very carefully about accepting an offer from them. Not every one thrives in a slow, encumbered organisation with legacy systems and processes. They were surprised I walked away for a better and permanent role elsewhere. Talk about not being able to see outside their own bubble! I have no regrets dropping them. It was the right decision for me.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Lloyds Banking Group in April 2012.

The interview process went well. Two senior BAs interviewed me and asked the general questions about strengths, weaknesses, previous job experiences, etc.

Interview Questions
    • However, because I was out of work for half a year and wanted to get back into work, I was keen to get into LBG. They asked me whether I had any plans to have children as I was married. I said no but upon reflection I don't think that it is legal to ask that kind of question in an interview.   Answer Question

Worked for Lloyds Banking Group? Contribute to the Community!