Lloyds TSB

Very Difficult Interview

Financial Reporting Interview

Financial Reporting
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Lloyds TSB in April 2010.

Interview Details – I meet with the CFO and the Managing director on the first day. We all got along really well and I got positive feedback form the recruiter. The next day I met with what would be my dorect report. Even the recruirter warned me that she had no personality but I was still taken aback. She was diconnected and distant.

THis was a bacward interviw. Usually the potential direct hire is the easy interview and the higher ups are more hardass.

Interview Question – Why dont you have your CPA?   View Answer

Mortgage Advisor Interview

Mortgage Advisor
Newport, Newport, Wales (UK)

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Lloyds TSB in August 2013.

Interview Details – 1. Online application.
2. Interview in Newport

Interview Question – List 3 different types of mortgage rate.   Answer Question

Finance Internship Interview

Finance Internship
London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Lloyds TSB in February 2013.

Interview Details – Application-Phone interview-Assessment Centre. Took 3 months since application submission.

Interview Question – Typical application and phone interview. Assessment centre consisted of numerical test, case study, group case study and 1 on 1 interview. Very tough case study, average group case study. Easy, relaxed interview and extremely easy numerical test .   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
London, England (UK)

I applied in-person and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Lloyds TSB in May 2012.

Interview Details – Standard three stage process adopted by all banks

Interview Question – Capability based, so good examples are always essential   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Done through my agency

Customer Advisor Interview

Customer Advisor
Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Lloyds TSB in April 2013.

Interview Details – 1. submit cv
2. situational questionaire
3. context questionaire
4. telephone interview
5. 5 hour assessment centre

Interview Question – why lloyds tsb?
why this role?
if you were to give someone bad news how would you do it? (they want empathy)
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Customer Assistant Interview

Customer Assistant
London, England (UK)

I applied through other source and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Lloyds TSB in December 2010.

Interview Details – I went to an open recruitment event to one of the branch in central London. The advert was on the recruitment website. I have also sent my application online (that was unsuccessful) but in person I had a chat with a colleague and they called me back few days later. I went back to the actual interview (after compliting millions of paperwork) with the regional recruiter/manager. The interview was ok, the math test was really unprofessional, the role play was quite difficult but not connected to the job...you have to be a good seller, and confident person. After this interview I didn't hear anything for them for 3 weeks. After that they offered me the position. And asked me other papers and certificates. It took 6 weeks from the job offer when I started t working.

Negotiation Details – There was no place to negotiate. On the first time on the selection event I was asked would I consider a bit lower salary... In the advert there was a huge gap between 13K-20K.

Training Analyst Interview

Training Analyst
London, England (UK)

The process took a day - interviewed at Lloyds TSB in July 2010.

Interview Details – Interviewed with 2 Managers. Most of the interview questions were around previous experiences and competency based questions. there was an excel test as part of the interview.

Interview Question – 3 skills you need to improve   Answer Question

Pharmaceuticals Interview

Pharmaceuticals
Brighton, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Lloyds TSB in June 2008.

Interview Details – I was referred to the company by an employment agency and then went on to apply on line. The initial process was a telephone interview and them it went on to one to one. I had to read about the company and went through a few questions on the phone..

Interview Question – describe a situation where you brought about change   Answer Question

Technology Leadership Interview

Technology Leadership
Birmingham, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Lloyds TSB in March 2010.

Interview Details – On-line application including personal details and situational multiple choice questionnaire.
Verbal, Numerical and Inductive reasoning tests on-line.
Telephone interview in 3 areas: Lloyds & the future issues, Lloyds and you, Compotency based questions.
Assessment Centre:
 - Numerical test repeated
 - Group Exercise, 4 candidates discuss problems of a business, you are the board and must agree on an action plan. Timed.
 - Timed preparation & presentation to recruiters. 50 mins to digest a lot of data and prepare a presenation to 'the board' about which acquisition to take
 - 1:1 interview with a manager from Lloyds - they are writing everything you say down to pass on to recruiters.

Interview Questions

• What are the problems facing Lloyds banking group at the moment? How will that affect us in the future? How will this affect you?   View Answer
  • General compotency based questions in the following areas: Supporting a team, leading a team, managing an event/group/process, etc.   Answer Question

Financial Adviser London Interview

Financial Adviser London
London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Lloyds TSB in March 2009.

Interview Details – After the initial application there was a phone interview.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you have failed.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Lloyds TSB? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Lloyds TSB interview questions and advice. All 15 interview reviews posted anonymously by Lloyds TSB employees and interview candidates.