Loblaw

Updated Jan 23, 2015

2.2

89 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Cashier Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Loblaw.

I filled out an application then requested to see the hiring manager. When I met her and she asked me to come in a a few days later for an interview. interview was easy and straightforward, no tough questions. Was offered job on the spot.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Loblaw.

Received a phone call and had a brief telephone interview, going over basic questions about what my capabilities were. I was invited to an in-store interview the next day, where I was asked more in-depth experience questions. It was not extensive, and then the interviewer allowed me to ask her questions before offering me the position.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were reasonable and easy to answer. Quick, easy interview. How would I deal with an angry customer? How would I deal with a customer with a previous bad experience?   Answer Question

IT Team Lead Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Loblaw.

3 Step Interview (Phone interview, Technical Interview and Senior Management Interview). You will be interviewed by the HR Recruiter first for salary information etc, then they forward your resume to the hiring manager and if the hiring manager would like to interview you, it goes from there as state above.

Interview Questions
    • IF you are good at technical, you should not have a difficult situation   Answer Question
    You should have your desired salary range in mind while negotiating. Usually there is no negotiation, if you do not fall into their salary range, they do not call you.

Cashier Loblaws Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Loblaw in October 2014.

Basically I applied online from a job posting I found. I completed a survey of basically 50 or so questions. I waited and in about a week I got phoned and was told to come in for an interview the next day at a certain time. I went in the next day and sat down with the cashier department supervisor. She asked about my work experience at a place that I volunteered at. She also asked other simple questions. She asked for my availability and I filled out a form. She said they will call in the next 3 days. On the fourth day on monday, she called and said to come in for an orientation on wednesday and basically I was hired.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing, it was mostly answering general questions and filling out a paper.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coquitlam, BC (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coquitlam, BC (Canada)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Loblaw in October 2014.

Applied online. Around a week later, I received a phone call from Superstore, asking if I could go in for an interview tomorrow. I went, and in all honesty, it was the easiest interview ever.

I was interviewed by the front end manager. She asked me questions about why I wanted to work here, and resume based questions such as my relationship with ____ company. She then asked about my favorite and least favorite work experiences.

I was hired on the spot. She informed me more on the company, its policies, its pros, etc.

Fin.

Interview Questions
    • As long as you know yourself and why you want to work there, you are going to get through easily.   Answer Question

I had another job offer at a different grocery store that I liked a bit better. However, Superstore is good! Don't skip on them if you don't want to!

Cashier Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Loblaw.

I had a family member that worked at the Real Canadian Superstore and he helped set up an application for me. I met someone from the human resources and they gave me a hard copy employment form to fill out, along with tax forms.
    Afterwards, they set me up at a computer to take an online questionnaire. From what I remember, most of it was multiple choice. The options were: strongly agree, agree, neither agree nor disagree, disagree, and strongly disagree. There were situation questions, and questions about your opinion, such as one about how you felt about breaking rules to get things done.

Interview Questions
    • There were a couple questions about colleague relationships/problems, like if you noticed that they were slacked off, what would you do.   Answer Question

IT Manager Interview

It was brutal. It was 45 minutes long. I listened to the interviewer talk about their spouse. Then I was told that they liked my truck (seriously). With 5 minutes left in the interview I had to ask for details about the job because it was not referenced once in the interview.

Interview Questions
    Absolutely infantile but I needed the job. The salary seemed arbitrary. I walked away with a job but shook my head all the way back to my magnificent truck.

Grocery Clerk Interview

They will first call you for an interview (duh)..
    They ask basic questions such as "what would you do if a customer were to lose it on you?" "why do you want to work here?" etc.. If you got the job they will then ask your for a criminal check (if you are not a criminal, this should be no problem just give them a piece of ID, they will photocopy it and send it out for you) After they send it out, I had to wait about a week and a half until they called me to tell me it went through fine. They then invited to an orientation (basically learning the ins and outs of the store.. whats acceptable and whats not etc..) They will then make you wait for another call to find out when your first shift is!!

Interview Questions
    • For me it was the "why do you want to work here?"
      I thought I messed up the whole interview because all I said was "I don't know, I need a job" but they took that for an answer.. but please think about this question. tell them some bs like you like to shop there and it seems like a nice place to work ect..

View Answer

Legal Department Interview

It's a quick process and inbounding seems very structured, they will partner you with a buddy but the reality is that everyone is so pushed to their limits that you are basically on your own when it comes to getting your bearings. Be sure to inquire how many people were in your role before you in the last 5 years-- you may be surprised at the high turnover.

I found out that there was a super high turnover rate and I didn't want to take any chances

Associate Merchant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brampton, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brampton, ON (Canada)

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Loblaw.

the HR was very nice and helpful, hiring manager was knowledgeable and made me feel comfortable. I could actually be myself during the interview and got an offer very quickly.

Interview Questions
    • know stock price, how well the company is doing, private labels for the categories applying for   Answer Question