Loblaw Interview Questions in Canada

Updated Sep 19, 2014

2.3

48 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Cashier Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Loblaw.

I had a family member that worked at the Real Canadian Superstore and he helped set up an application for me. I met someone from the human resources and they gave me a hard copy employment form to fill out, along with tax forms.
    Afterwards, they set me up at a computer to take an online questionnaire. From what I remember, most of it was multiple choice. The options were: strongly agree, agree, neither agree nor disagree, disagree, and strongly disagree. There were situation questions, and questions about your opinion, such as one about how you felt about breaking rules to get things done.

Interview Questions
    • There were a couple questions about colleague relationships/problems, like if you noticed that they were slacked off, what would you do.   Answer Question

Grocery Clerk Interview

They will first call you for an interview (duh)..
    They ask basic questions such as "what would you do if a customer were to lose it on you?" "why do you want to work here?" etc.. If you got the job they will then ask your for a criminal check (if you are not a criminal, this should be no problem just give them a piece of ID, they will photocopy it and send it out for you) After they send it out, I had to wait about a week and a half until they called me to tell me it went through fine. They then invited to an orientation (basically learning the ins and outs of the store.. whats acceptable and whats not etc..) They will then make you wait for another call to find out when your first shift is!!

Interview Questions
    • For me it was the "why do you want to work here?"
      I thought I messed up the whole interview because all I said was "I don't know, I need a job" but they took that for an answer.. but please think about this question. tell them some bs like you like to shop there and it seems like a nice place to work ect..
        Answer Question

Supply Chain Analyst - Flow Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mississauga, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Loblaw in July 2014.

Interviews ca.2 months after the online application:
    1st part: telephone interview with the HR Manager which lasted around 15 minutes, questions mostly about supply chain previous experience and database management skills, and went through the Resume.
    2nd part (within the same week): on-site interview only with the senior supply chain manager: first he described the position in more detail, he explained the skills expected from the applicant and then he went through the whole resume focusing on any similar previous experiences, It lasted around 30-40 minutes. No difficult questions only why you are fit for the position.

Interview Questions
    • Why you think you are a good fit for this position   View Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Loblaw in July 2014.

Very basic telephone interview. Follows a script. Although answer question in pervious question, still ask question. Feeling interviewer was looking for key words in answers. " what experience do you have?" " I have a,b,c."Next question. ". "Have you ever done b?" Uhm, yes.

Senior Financial Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brampton, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Loblaw in April 2014.

Phone interview and then interview with hiring manager

Rotational Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brampton, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Loblaw in September 2013.

Pre screening interview and if you pass you get the face to face interview.

Front End [Cashier] Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online - interviewed at Loblaw in August 2013.

I had one interview on the phone and one personal ,which was very good

Interview Questions
    • I did not have a difficult or unexpected Question I has work as a cashier for more than twenty years   Answer Question

Cashier Loblaws Interview

Emailed me to fill out a question-are replied within minutes to come in for an interview

Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brampton, ON (Canada)

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Loblaw.

standard process, 2 interviewers, questions were pretty standard as well, except for they give you a test on excel, and an IQ (kind of) test to see if you can think on your feet

Interview Questions
    • Ask you to create a pivot table, and use vlookup during the interview   View Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brampton, ON (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Loblaw.

Phone interview, face to face interview, reference check, offer

Worked for Loblaw? Contribute to the Community!