Loblaw

Updated Jan 23, 2015
Updated Jan 23, 2015

1.8

Cashier Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Loblaw.

I filled out an application then requested to see the hiring manager. When I met her and she asked me to come in a a few days later for an interview. interview was easy and straightforward, no tough questions. Was offered job on the spot.

Other Interview Reviews for Loblaw

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Loblaw.

Received a phone call and had a brief telephone interview, going over basic questions about what my capabilities were. I was invited to an in-store interview the next day, where I was asked more in-depth experience questions. It was not extensive, and then the interviewer allowed me to ask her questions before offering me the position.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were reasonable and easy to answer. Quick, easy interview. How would I deal with an angry customer? How would I deal with a customer with a previous bad experience?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Coquitlam, BC (Canada)
    Anonymous Employee in Coquitlam, BC (Canada)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Loblaw in October 2014.

Applied online. Around a week later, I received a phone call from Superstore, asking if I could go in for an interview tomorrow. I went, and in all honesty, it was the easiest interview ever.

I was interviewed by the front end manager. She asked me questions about why I wanted to work here, and resume based questions such as my relationship with ____ company. She then asked about my favorite and least favorite work experiences.

I was hired on the spot. She informed me more on the company, its policies, its pros, etc.

Fin.

Interview Questions
    • As long as you know yourself and why you want to work there, you are going to get through easily.   Answer Question

I had another job offer at a different grocery store that I liked a bit better. However, Superstore is good! Don't skip on them if you don't want to!

Cashier Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Loblaw.

I had a family member that worked at the Real Canadian Superstore and he helped set up an application for me. I met someone from the human resources and they gave me a hard copy employment form to fill out, along with tax forms.
    Afterwards, they set me up at a computer to take an online questionnaire. From what I remember, most of it was multiple choice. The options were: strongly agree, agree, neither agree nor disagree, disagree, and strongly disagree. There were situation questions, and questions about your opinion, such as one about how you felt about breaking rules to get things done.

Interview Questions
    • There were a couple questions about colleague relationships/problems, like if you noticed that they were slacked off, what would you do.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Loblaw in November 2013.

Applied online, got a call back from head office 2 days later and had a phone interview, talked about past experience, then went in for a face to face interview at the store I applied at

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about yourself, What do you know about the company, Asked about the PC points, Tell me about a time when you received excellent customer service   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, BC (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, BC (Canada)

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Loblaw in September 2013.

Handed in my resume to the front end manger, she called me in for an "interview" a month and a half later, when i went in i got the job offer immediately without an actual interview.

Cashier Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Loblaw.

Handed in application in-store, got called a few days later for an interview. Was asked "what do you think makes a good cashier?" Then very general questions about previous work history, and asked about availability. Then had to fill out a very long survey. A few days later, got a call to come in for training.

Interview Questions
    • There really was only one question "what do you think makes a good cashier?"   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Loblaw in March 2013.

Handed my resume in person. Got a call back a couple days later for a one on one interview.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were very basic, not too difficult. Talked about hours of availability, previous experience.   Answer Question

Hours didn't fit into my schedule.

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Loblaw.

A phone interview and then a follow up interview at the store. The questions were quite easy: they asked what was the most challenging thing that you have overcome, questions about how you would deal with team work, and what would you do if the customer had a complaint. They also asked about my tolerance of physical labour and how I deal with repetitive tasks. They were very nice.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing hard. Probably the hardest question was about how you overcame your biggest challenge/problem with a co-worker.   Answer Question

The store that wanted to hire me was too far.

Cashier Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Loblaw.

Very easy process - go in the store, fill in an application, attach my resume. I think it helped to know one of the cashiers in order to get the interview.

The interview was simple - pretty much asked about when I could work, what hours I was looking for, and the manager wanted a reference to call.