Loblaw

Average Difficulty
14 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Ottawa, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Loblaw in August 2012.

Interview Details – I applied online and I got a call 3 weeks later telling me to fill out a questionnaire with psychological type questions. A few weeks after that I got a phone interview where they ask you about your availability and limitations. After this I think it was 1 month after I got a call from the store that I applied to saying they wanted an interview. The in-store interview was very casual, they didn't ask any "real" interview questions just conversational type things like what you do in your spare time...etc. I got the job right there.

Interview Question – Nothing, very causal not difficult at all.   Answer Question

London, ON (Canada)

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Loblaw in July 2009.

Interview Details – - a situation where you dealt with a difficult customer and how you handled it
- a situation where you had an issue with a supervisor or co-worker and how you handled it
- an example of a time when you gave exceptional service to a customer

Interview Question – - What's your biggest weakness?   Answer Question

Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Loblaw in March 2013.

Interview Details – Handed my resume in person. Got a call back a couple days later for a one on one interview.

Interview Question – Questions were very basic, not too difficult. Talked about hours of availability, previous experience.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Hours didn't fit into my schedule.

London, ON (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Loblaw in August 2012.

Interview Details – The interview was one of one. He interviewer was really nice and it was in a quiet private room. He asked a lot of pretty easy, run-of-the-mill questions that you'd expect and I answered them all easily. However, because Im a student, they needed me to work Tuesday nights for some reason. (I have class Tuesday night) He seemed really disappointed that I couldnt work Tuesdays and told me he'd talk to human resources to try and find a position for me.

He told me he really liked me... He told me I seemed really nice... He told me he'd try hard to find a position for me... He told me he'd call me asap.

Never heard from him again. Kinda annoying.

Interview Question – How would you deal with an angry customer?   Answer Question

Montreal, QC (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Loblaw in June 2011.

Interview Details – 10 mins interview. Talked about school your quality and weakness. Are you still available after the summer.

Interview Question – No hard questions...   Answer Question

Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Loblaw.

Interview Details – A phone interview and then a follow up interview at the store. The questions were quite easy: they asked what was the most challenging thing that you have overcome, questions about how you would deal with team work, and what would you do if the customer had a complaint. They also asked about my tolerance of physical labour and how I deal with repetitive tasks. They were very nice.

Interview Question – Nothing hard. Probably the hardest question was about how you overcame your biggest challenge/problem with a co-worker.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The store that wanted to hire me was too far.

Cashier

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Loblaw.

Interview Details – one interview, I had to do a long 50 question test. I got the job mostly because of good references... the wait was a week or two.

Interview Question – I can't remember... simple average behvorial questions "in the situation what would you do" kindda senerio   Answer Question

Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Loblaw in July 2011.

Interview Details – Applied online on the Loblaw Career website, received an email about 3 weeks later with a link to an electronic survey. Basically, the multiple-choice survey asked you questions regarding your personality and "what would you do" scenarios; after the survey, I received a phone call from the Front End Manager asking me to come into the store with ID. Interview was extremely short and easy - questions were: are you a student, when are you available, why do you want to work here ... was hired instantly. Training started within a week and took about 4 days then you were able to start working as a Cashier.

Negotiation Details – No negotiations

Edmonton, AB (Canada)

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Loblaw in November 2011.

Interview Details – The interview to me was a great experience. One day, as I went for grocery shopping I saw an advertisement that they would hold a Job Fair in a conference centre next to the store (Superstore) the next week. So I brought my resume with me and went in to apply. They have us ( there were lots of people who came in to apply) sitting at a laptop station to complete a 60 questions test in 15 minutes. Pretty much Personality test. Then I was called to a table representing the store I'd like to work at. The supervisor who interviewed me was very nice and thoughtful, she seemed very patient and interested in what I was saying to her. Basically she asked me about how would I handle a very angry customer and she was very satisfied about my answer. The interview took only 15 minutes. At the end she asked if I wanted to ask her any question. I was pretty much nervous so I said no but she asked if I was sure about it. And I literally told her I was nervous which I didn't know I shouldn't say that (lol). But she then spoke to the Recruiter who was sitting next to her that she liked me because I was being very honest. She then told me that just work hard and I would receive what I deserve, to grow with the company and considered it as a career.

Interview Question – How would you handle a very angry customer who have had a very horrible experience the last time she shopped here?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No. She stated an offer in the middle of the conversation since I thought she would like to hire me.

Cashier

The process took a day - interviewed at Loblaw in August 2010.

Interview Details – Handed in resume at the customer service desk, got two messages on my answering machine. One for an interview as a cashier, the other was an interview for Joe Fresh as a sales associatiate. Called them both back and had two interviews arranged on different days. Interview for Joe Fresh was first. Was asked simple questions: What I knew about the company, how I would deal with certain difficult situations and so forth...
The interview wasn't too bad...i was pretty nervous but it was just a one on one chat. The interviewer was very laid back and she sometimes used the wrong words which made me laugh. Was offered a position at the end of the interview after she did a background check.

Interview Question – What would you do with an angry customer?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – job availability and different positions (after a period of time working in a department)

Interviews for Top Jobs at Loblaw

Worked for Loblaw? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Loblaw Cashier interview questions and advice. All 14 interview reviews posted anonymously by Loblaw employees and interview candidates.