Loblaw Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Aug 13, 2015

1.7

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winnipeg, MB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Loblaw (Winnipeg, MB (Canada)) in August 2015.

Interview

I received a call on a Thursday afternoon regarding the application I submitted online a week before. It was an invitation for a face-to-face interview Sunday of the same week. The conversation was more of an information as to other vacant positions that I might be interested in, but I reaffirm that I'm only interested for the cashier position. The face-to-face interview was more of an orientation as to the kind of job I should expect. It was smooth and the store administrator I spoke with was very pleasant.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Loblaw

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oshawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Loblaw (Oshawa, ON (Canada)) in July 2015.

Interview

Apply online for all the department after 1 week they call for phone screening and after review my resume she decided to call me for interview for cashier part time .....interview was easy but only problem was Sundays I can work from 6pm cuz of that they never call me back

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for loblows?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Loblaw (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in May 2015.

Interview

Simple questions about eliability no surprises. Asked me about my availability, work department preferences, only one question at the end was about a real life situation. was an on phone interview, manager was very polite and easy to talk to.

Interview Questions

• What was one time you made a positive long lasting impression in your previous job?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milton, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Loblaw (Milton, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Face to face, few general questions. Just want to know about your past experiences. Also there is a certain availability you have to be able to meet. Other questions included how you dealt with a difficult situation, why you want the job, and why do you want to work at superstore specifically? Not expecting hard answers,just show them you will work hard.

Interview Questions

• How did you deal with a difficult coworker   2 Answers

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Loblaw.

Interview

I filled out an application then requested to see the hiring manager. When I met her and she asked me to come in a a few days later for an interview. interview was easy and straightforward, no tough questions. Was offered job on the spot.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Loblaw (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Received a phone call and had a brief telephone interview, going over basic questions about what my capabilities were. I was invited to an in-store interview the next day, where I was asked more in-depth experience questions. It was not extensive, and then the interviewer allowed me to ask her questions before offering me the position.

Interview Questions

• All questions were reasonable and easy to answer. Quick, easy interview. How would I deal with an angry customer? How would I deal with a customer with a previous bad experience?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Coquitlam, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Loblaw (Coquitlam, BC (Canada)) in October 2014.

Interview

Applied online. Around a week later, I received a phone call from Superstore, asking if I could go in for an interview tomorrow. I went, and in all honesty, it was the easiest interview ever. I was interviewed by the front end manager. She asked me questions about why I wanted to work here, and resume based questions such as my relationship with ____ company. She then asked about my favorite and least favorite work experiences. I was hired on the spot. She informed me more on the company, its policies, its pros, etc. Fin.

Interview Questions

• As long as you know yourself and why you want to work there, you are going to get through easily.   Answer Question

I had another job offer at a different grocery store that I liked a bit better. However, Superstore is good! Don't skip on them if you don't want to!

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Loblaw.

Interview

I had a family member that worked at the Real Canadian Superstore and he helped set up an application for me. I met someone from the human resources and they gave me a hard copy employment form to fill out, along with tax forms. Afterwards, they set me up at a computer to take an online questionnaire. From what I remember, most of it was multiple choice. The options were: strongly agree, agree, neither agree nor disagree, disagree, and strongly disagree. There were situation questions, and questions about your opinion, such as one about how you felt about breaking rules to get things done.

Interview Questions

• There were a couple questions about colleague relationships/problems, like if you noticed that they were slacked off, what would you do.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Loblaw (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in November 2013.

Interview

Applied online, got a call back from head office 2 days later and had a phone interview, talked about past experience, then went in for a face to face interview at the store I applied at

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself, What do you know about the company, Asked about the PC points, Tell me about a time when you received excellent customer service   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Devon, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Loblaw (Devon, AB (Canada)) in October 2013.

Interview

The interviewing process was very casual. This made me feel very comfortable. I was asked a few questions about myself and my interests, how my current skills applied to the job I was being interviewed for and asked friendly questions. It was very laid back.

Interview Questions

• What are your hobbies and interests?   1 Answer