Loblaw Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Jun 19, 2015

1.8

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Loblaw (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in May 2015.

Interview

Simple questions about eliability no surprises. Asked me about my availability, work department preferences, only one question at the end was about a real life situation. was an on phone interview, manager was very polite and easy to talk to.

Interview Questions

• What was one time you made a positive long lasting impression in your previous job?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Loblaw

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milton, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Loblaw (Milton, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Face to face, few general questions. Just want to know about your past experiences. Also there is a certain availability you have to be able to meet. Other questions included how you dealt with a difficult situation, why you want the job, and why do you want to work at superstore specifically? Not expecting hard answers,just show them you will work hard.

Interview Questions

• How did you deal with a difficult coworker   2 Answers

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Loblaw.

Interview

I filled out an application then requested to see the hiring manager. When I met her and she asked me to come in a a few days later for an interview. interview was easy and straightforward, no tough questions. Was offered job on the spot.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Loblaw (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Received a phone call and had a brief telephone interview, going over basic questions about what my capabilities were. I was invited to an in-store interview the next day, where I was asked more in-depth experience questions. It was not extensive, and then the interviewer allowed me to ask her questions before offering me the position.

Interview Questions

• All questions were reasonable and easy to answer. Quick, easy interview. How would I deal with an angry customer? How would I deal with a customer with a previous bad experience?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Coquitlam, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Loblaw (Coquitlam, BC (Canada)) in October 2014.

Interview

Applied online. Around a week later, I received a phone call from Superstore, asking if I could go in for an interview tomorrow. I went, and in all honesty, it was the easiest interview ever.

I was interviewed by the front end manager. She asked me questions about why I wanted to work here, and resume based questions such as my relationship with ____ company. She then asked about my favorite and least favorite work experiences.

I was hired on the spot. She informed me more on the company, its policies, its pros, etc.

Fin.

Interview Questions

• As long as you know yourself and why you want to work there, you are going to get through easily.   Answer Question

I had another job offer at a different grocery store that I liked a bit better. However, Superstore is good! Don't skip on them if you don't want to!

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Loblaw.

Interview

I had a family member that worked at the Real Canadian Superstore and he helped set up an application for me. I met someone from the human resources and they gave me a hard copy employment form to fill out, along with tax forms.
    Afterwards, they set me up at a computer to take an online questionnaire. From what I remember, most of it was multiple choice. The options were: strongly agree, agree, neither agree nor disagree, disagree, and strongly disagree. There were situation questions, and questions about your opinion, such as one about how you felt about breaking rules to get things done.

Interview Questions

• There were a couple questions about colleague relationships/problems, like if you noticed that they were slacked off, what would you do.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Loblaw (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in November 2013.

Interview

Applied online, got a call back from head office 2 days later and had a phone interview, talked about past experience, then went in for a face to face interview at the store I applied at

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself, What do you know about the company, Asked about the PC points, Tell me about a time when you received excellent customer service   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Loblaw (Richmond, BC (Canada)) in September 2013.

Interview

Handed in my resume to the front end manger, she called me in for an "interview" a month and a half later, when i went in i got the job offer immediately without an actual interview.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Loblaw.

Interview

Handed in application in-store, got called a few days later for an interview. Was asked "what do you think makes a good cashier?" Then very general questions about previous work history, and asked about availability. Then had to fill out a very long survey. A few days later, got a call to come in for training.

Interview Questions

• There really was only one question "what do you think makes a good cashier?"   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Loblaw (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in May 2013.

Interview

The interview process is too long for a cashier position. First I went on the website to apply for the job. 2 weeks later I got a call for a phone interview. They ask me questions like how far i live form the store, what does customer service mean to you, situation questions and availability. Next they told me to fill out a questionnaire online, it was simple customer service questions. The next day they invited me for a sit down interview with the HR manager. At that point they already made up their mind to hire me.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with a long line and you are the only one working.   Answer Question