Loblaw Companies

Relevance Date Difficulty

IT Manager Interview

IT Manager

Interviewed at Loblaw Companies

Interview Details – It was brutal. It was 45 minutes long. I listened to the interviewer talk about their spouse. Then I was told that they liked my truck (seriously). With 5 minutes left in the interview I had to ask for details about the job because it was not referenced once in the interview.

Interview Question – Seriously.... I love your truck, when did you get it?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Absolutely infantile but I needed the job. The salary seemed arbitrary. I walked away with a job but shook my head all the way back to my magnificent truck.

Legal Department Interview

Legal Department

Interviewed at Loblaw Companies

Interview Details – It's a quick process and inbounding seems very structured, they will partner you with a buddy but the reality is that everyone is so pushed to their limits that you are basically on your own when it comes to getting your bearings. Be sure to inquire how many people were in your role before you in the last 5 years-- you may be surprised at the high turnover.

Reason for Declining – I found out that there was a super high turnover rate and I didn't want to take any chances

Product Developer Interview

Product Developer
High Tor, SK (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Loblaw Companies in April 2010.

Interview Details – Initial communication started a full year prior to employment. It was a 3 interview process. Initial HR meeting, then management and then upper management. Everything was straight forward, job description, responsibilities and expectations. Pretty standard stuff. I was shown the different buildings and departments to get a sense of the work space and culture.

Interview Question – Standard HR questions like area where you think you need improvement or weaknesses. Describe a scenario where you overcame a challenge.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Associate Merchant Interview

Associate Merchant
Brampton, ON (Canada)

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Loblaw Companies.

Interview Details – the HR was very nice and helpful, hiring manager was knowledgeable and made me feel comfortable. I could actually be myself during the interview and got an offer very quickly.

Interview Question – know stock price, how well the company is doing, private labels for the categories applying for   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Cashier
Richmond, BC (Canada)

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Loblaw Companies in September 2013.

Interview Details – Handed in my resume to the front end manger, she called me in for an "interview" a month and a half later, when i went in i got the job offer immediately without an actual interview.

Contract Manager Interview

Contract Manager
Brampton, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Loblaw Companies.

Interview Details – Took 2 months and 4 interviews working through the hierarchy. Found the job online and applied. Phone interview-about 20 minutes to further screen. 1 interview with HR to further screen and expand on answers given during phone interview. Met with hiring Director. Telephone interview with Sr. Director and then 1.1 with senior director. Offer made. Waiting for police check. It has to be "their" check. Offer signed and accepted. Orientation 1st day...you're in. Loblaw is a company of meetings and meetings and meetings. Be patient - the meetings sometimes undo meetings.

Interview Question – Could you report a co-worker that you found doing something wrong or against company policy?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Salary is negotiable depending on pay band. Vacation is Non-Negotiable.

Very Difficult Interview

Senior Category Manager Interview

Senior Category Manager
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Loblaw Companies in August 2013.

Interview Details – very intensive. quite a few interviews with different levels of upper management. job description was very clear and there was a lot of care taken to ensure that candidates could demonstrate the skills necessary to thrive in the environment.

Negotiation Details – was not able to negotiate any of the contract, but contract fair to begin with.

Summer Student Interview

Summer Student
Brampton, ON (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Loblaw Companies in March 2011.

Interview Details – Had one interview and was contacted the next day with an offer.

Interview Question – Questions were pretty easy/straightforward.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Fair wage for summer student. Didn't negotiate

Customer Service Clerk Interview

Customer Service Clerk
Kitchener, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Loblaw Companies.

Interview Details – Submit my resume and got a call from them. Then i had a face-to-face interview

Interview Question – An example of when you provided exceptional customer service   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Assistant Store Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Loblaw Companies in April 2011.

Interview Details – Easy - no interview, no process, just Backcheck

Negotiation Details – pretty easy - salary and expenses were negotiable - they are always desperate (found tha out too late)

Interviews for Top Jobs at Loblaw Companies

Worked for Loblaw Companies? Contribute to the Community!