Loblaw Companies Interview Questions

Updated Jul 24, 2014
Updated Jul 24, 2014

2.1

IT Manager Interview

It was brutal. It was 45 minutes long. I listened to the interviewer talk about their spouse. Then I was told that they liked my truck (seriously). With 5 minutes left in the interview I had to ask for details about the job because it was not referenced once in the interview.

Interview Questions
    Absolutely infantile but I needed the job. The salary seemed arbitrary. I walked away with a job but shook my head all the way back to my magnificent truck.

Legal Department Interview

It's a quick process and inbounding seems very structured, they will partner you with a buddy but the reality is that everyone is so pushed to their limits that you are basically on your own when it comes to getting your bearings. Be sure to inquire how many people were in your role before you in the last 5 years-- you may be surprised at the high turnover.

I found out that there was a super high turnover rate and I didn't want to take any chances

Product Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  High Tor, SK (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in High Tor, SK (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Loblaw Companies in April 2010.

Initial communication started a full year prior to employment. It was a 3 interview process. Initial HR meeting, then management and then upper management. Everything was straight forward, job description, responsibilities and expectations. Pretty standard stuff. I was shown the different buildings and departments to get a sense of the work space and culture.

Interview Questions
    • Standard HR questions like area where you think you need improvement or weaknesses. Describe a scenario where you overcame a challenge.   Answer Question

Associate Merchant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brampton, ON (Canada)

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Loblaw Companies.

the HR was very nice and helpful, hiring manager was knowledgeable and made me feel comfortable. I could actually be myself during the interview and got an offer very quickly.

Interview Questions
    • know stock price, how well the company is doing, private labels for the categories applying for   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Richmond, BC (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, BC (Canada)

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Loblaw Companies in September 2013.

Handed in my resume to the front end manger, she called me in for an "interview" a month and a half later, when i went in i got the job offer immediately without an actual interview.

Contract Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brampton, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Loblaw Companies.

Took 2 months and 4 interviews working through the hierarchy. Found the job online and applied. Phone interview-about 20 minutes to further screen. 1 interview with HR to further screen and expand on answers given during phone interview. Met with hiring Director. Telephone interview with Sr. Director and then 1.1 with senior director. Offer made. Waiting for police check. It has to be "their" check. Offer signed and accepted. Orientation 1st day...you're in. Loblaw is a company of meetings and meetings and meetings. Be patient - the meetings sometimes undo meetings.

Interview Questions
    • Could you report a co-worker that you found doing something wrong or against company policy?   Answer Question
    Salary is negotiable depending on pay band. Vacation is Non-Negotiable.

Senior Category Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Loblaw Companies in August 2013.

very intensive. quite a few interviews with different levels of upper management. job description was very clear and there was a lot of care taken to ensure that candidates could demonstrate the skills necessary to thrive in the environment.

was not able to negotiate any of the contract, but contract fair to begin with.

Summer Student Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brampton, ON (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Loblaw Companies in March 2011.

Had one interview and was contacted the next day with an offer.

Interview Questions
    Fair wage for summer student. Didn't negotiate

Customer Service Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Kitchener, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kitchener, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Loblaw Companies.

Submit my resume and got a call from them. Then i had a face-to-face interview

Interview Questions
    • An example of when you provided exceptional customer service   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Loblaw Companies in April 2011.

Easy - no interview, no process, just Backcheck

pretty easy - salary and expenses were negotiable - they are always desperate (found tha out too late)

Worked for Loblaw Companies? Contribute to the Community!