Loblaw Companies Interview Questions

Updated Oct 27, 2014
Updated Oct 27, 2014

2.1

IT Team Lead Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Loblaw Companies.

3 Step Interview (Phone interview, Technical Interview and Senior Management Interview). You will be interviewed by the HR Recruiter first for salary information etc, then they forward your resume to the hiring manager and if the hiring manager would like to interview you, it goes from there as state above.

Interview Questions
    • IF you are good at technical, you should not have a difficult situation   Answer Question
    You should have your desired salary range in mind while negotiating. Usually there is no negotiation, if you do not fall into their salary range, they do not call you.

IT Manager Interview

It was brutal. It was 45 minutes long. I listened to the interviewer talk about their spouse. Then I was told that they liked my truck (seriously). With 5 minutes left in the interview I had to ask for details about the job because it was not referenced once in the interview.

Interview Questions
    Absolutely infantile but I needed the job. The salary seemed arbitrary. I walked away with a job but shook my head all the way back to my magnificent truck.

Legal Department Interview

It's a quick process and inbounding seems very structured, they will partner you with a buddy but the reality is that everyone is so pushed to their limits that you are basically on your own when it comes to getting your bearings. Be sure to inquire how many people were in your role before you in the last 5 years-- you may be surprised at the high turnover.

I found out that there was a super high turnover rate and I didn't want to take any chances

Associate Merchant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brampton, ON (Canada)

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Loblaw Companies.

the HR was very nice and helpful, hiring manager was knowledgeable and made me feel comfortable. I could actually be myself during the interview and got an offer very quickly.

Interview Questions
    • know stock price, how well the company is doing, private labels for the categories applying for   Answer Question

Contract Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brampton, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Loblaw Companies.

Took 2 months and 4 interviews working through the hierarchy. Found the job online and applied. Phone interview-about 20 minutes to further screen. 1 interview with HR to further screen and expand on answers given during phone interview. Met with hiring Director. Telephone interview with Sr. Director and then 1.1 with senior director. Offer made. Waiting for police check. It has to be "their" check. Offer signed and accepted. Orientation 1st day...you're in. Loblaw is a company of meetings and meetings and meetings. Be patient - the meetings sometimes undo meetings.

Interview Questions
    • Could you report a co-worker that you found doing something wrong or against company policy?   Answer Question
    Salary is negotiable depending on pay band. Vacation is Non-Negotiable.

Customer Service Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kitchener, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kitchener, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Loblaw Companies.

Submit my resume and got a call from them. Then i had a face-to-face interview

Interview Questions
    • An example of when you provided exceptional customer service   Answer Question

Distribution Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brampton, ON (Canada)

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Loblaw Companies.

Typical interview process. First round on the phone with HR performing basic screening. Second round at Head Office with your hiring manager and an HR rep. Usual behavioral questions, plus some technical (SQL, Excel Quiz).

Interview Questions
    • Excel question, asking to manipulate a data set. They make it so it is not possible to solve in the time limit unless you use v-lookup statements.   Answer Question

Assistant Product Developer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Loblaw Companies.

The position was contract and I only had one interview with the direct manager. The interviewing process will be different for full time positions. Booking a meeting room is difficult at Loblaw so my interview was held informally in the foyer off to the side so we had some privacy. This was no problem, as it was not busy.

Interview Questions
    • The manager conducting the interview was very reasonable and there were no difficult questions. It was your standard Q&A and very informal, yet comfortable.   Answer Question
    No negotiation because it was an entry level contract

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Loblaw Companies in November 2013.

Applied online, got a call back from head office 2 days later and had a phone interview, talked about past experience, then went in for a face to face interview at the store I applied at

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about yourself, What do you know about the company, Asked about the PC points, Tell me about a time when you received excellent customer service   Answer Question

Grocery Clerk Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Loblaw Companies.

Handed in my resume in person and received a call a month later.
    Interview was approximately 30 minutes long, contained behavioural questions and questions to gage the potential quality of interactions when dealing with customers. Interviewer was very friendly and engaging, did not try to put me on the spot or make me feel uncomfortable.

Interview Questions
    • A customer slips and falls in a product aisle. What is your first action?   Answer Question