Loblaw Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 10, 2014
65 interviews

2.3

Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Brampton, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Employee in Brampton, ON (Canada)

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at Loblaw.

standard process, 2 interviewers, questions were pretty standard as well, except for they give you a test on excel, and an IQ (kind of) test to see if you can think on your feet

Interview Questions
    • Ask you to create a pivot table, and use vlookup during the interview   View Answer

Business Analyst Interview

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Loblaw in October 2010.

First phone interview, asked some experience on my resuem. And asked why I left my pervious job.
    The 1:1 interview. Two manager interviewed, asked some technical question.

Fresh Manager Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Loblaw in January 2010.

Interview was about an hour and pretty standard basic questions.

Master Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Loblaw in May 2010.

I had two phone interviews, first initially for the grad program then they recommended me apply for this job. Hence, I did and the group panel interview was very intense. There were two managers and one HR who conducted it and it was like a firing session for an hour. What they are really looking for is, people who have the ability to learn and excel skills.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation where you were unable to get along with the manager and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question
    • How are your excel skills, do you know how to use pivot tables, vlook up?   Answer Question
    I was unable to negotiate as I was the fresh grad out of University. The only negotiation that was accepted was, the re-location to Toronto instead of Mississauga.

Cashier Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Loblaw.

one interview, I had to do a long 50 question test. I got the job mostly because of good references... the wait was a week or two.

Interview Questions
    • I can't remember... simple average behvorial questions "in the situation what would you do" kindda senerio   Answer Question

Beauty Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Calgary, AB (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I interviewed in-person - interviewed at Loblaw in September 2012.

My interview took about an hour and lots of questions like what do you think about custom service? Have you ever observed any unsafe behavior in your previous employment? etc.

no negotiation

Information Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Brampton, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brampton, ON (Canada)

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Loblaw.

one phone interview then manager

over the phone

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  London, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, ON (Canada)

I interviewed in-person. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Loblaw in July 2009.

- a situation where you dealt with a difficult customer and how you handled it
    - a situation where you had an issue with a supervisor or co-worker and how you handled it
    - an example of a time when you gave exceptional service to a customer

Cashier Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at Loblaw in August 2010.

Handed in resume at the customer service desk, got two messages on my answering machine. One for an interview as a cashier, the other was an interview for Joe Fresh as a sales associatiate. Called them both back and had two interviews arranged on different days. Interview for Joe Fresh was first. Was asked simple questions: What I knew about the company, how I would deal with certain difficult situations and so forth...
    The interview wasn't too bad...i was pretty nervous but it was just a one on one chat. The interviewer was very laid back and she sometimes used the wrong words which made me laugh. Was offered a position at the end of the interview after she did a background check.

Interview Questions
    job availability and different positions (after a period of time working in a department)

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mississauga, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Loblaw in April 2011.

Two tiers of interviews, one with direct manager and one with senior director.

No negotiations

Worked for Loblaw? Contribute to the Community!