Loblaw Interview Questions

Updated Mar 5, 2015

2.2

CPA 3-year Rotational Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brampton, ON (Canada)

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Loblaw in September 2013.

1. Phone Interview: basic questions regarding resume; interviewer asked me if I knew some advanced excel (vlookups, pivot tables).
    2. Interview Event: has two main parts:
    a. Business case: 30 minutes to prepare for a case and 10 minutes to present to two officers.
    b. Interview: Panel interview with 2 interviewers. Mainly behavioral questions.
    - What do you know about Loblaw
    -Tell me about a time where you used communication skills

Interview Questions
    • - Tell me about a time where you had to influence someone who initially disagreed with you
      - Business case: preemptive actions for arrival of new competition, technical managerial measures of sales, costs etc.

Answer Question

Senior Category Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Loblaw in August 2013.

very intensive. quite a few interviews with different levels of upper management. job description was very clear and there was a lot of care taken to ensure that candidates could demonstrate the skills necessary to thrive in the environment.

was not able to negotiate any of the contract, but contract fair to begin with.

Fresh Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Loblaw in January 2010.

Interview was about an hour and pretty standard basic questions.

Business Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Loblaw in October 2010.

First phone interview, asked some experience on my resuem. And asked why I left my pervious job.
    The 1:1 interview. Two manager interviewed, asked some technical question.

Master Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Loblaw in May 2010.

I had two phone interviews, first initially for the grad program then they recommended me apply for this job. Hence, I did and the group panel interview was very intense. There were two managers and one HR who conducted it and it was like a firing session for an hour. What they are really looking for is, people who have the ability to learn and excel skills.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation where you were unable to get along with the manager and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question
    • How are your excel skills, do you know how to use pivot tables, vlook up?   Answer Question
    I was unable to negotiate as I was the fresh grad out of University. The only negotiation that was accepted was, the re-location to Toronto instead of Mississauga.

Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brampton, ON (Canada)

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Loblaw.

standard process, 2 interviewers, questions were pretty standard as well, except for they give you a test on excel, and an IQ (kind of) test to see if you can think on your feet

Interview Questions
    • Ask you to create a pivot table, and use vlookup during the interview   View Answer

Information Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brampton, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brampton, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Loblaw.

one phone interview then manager

over the phone

Senior Supply Chain Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Loblaw in October 2009.

1. Application online
    2. Phone interview: go over resume and experience.
    3. Interview with the hiring manager
    4. Interview with a director

Interview Questions
    • If you are asked about a technical skill that you don't have, admit that you don't have that experience but you are willing to learni quickly.   Answer Question

Grad Program Candidate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ryerson University, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ryerson University, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Loblaw in October 2012.

The hiring process had 3 steps:

1) Phone interview:
    A third party company does this, so it wasn't very organized. Very structured and typical questions like "tell me about your strengths/weaknesses"

2) In person interview with manager
    You are interviewing with two people, one being the manager from the department/team and an HR representative. They'll ask more about your job experiences and how your experiences and skills match with the role. Be prepared to back up with details of what you stated on your resume/cover letter. As well, they will ask you what stores you visited and the details of what you liked and disliked about the store.

3) Group interview
    You are given a case study to work on with a group of other candidates. Pretty much show that you can work effectively within a team and present the case. Show some initiative, but also be supportive of your team members.

Interview Questions
    • Whats one thing you would like to change or about the store? What stores did you visit and what was good/bad about them?   Answer Question
    They generally say the salary they offer is already considering your skills/education/experiences. Basically won't budge.

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brampton, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Loblaw in March 2012.

Job interview consisted of a 2:1 interview to start with. Went over experience, education etc. Interviewers were friendly and talked a lot about the job and the growth at the company.

Second interview consisted of a 1:1 interview going over similar concepts.

The most negative thing about the entire interview process was that they never followed up after the interview. It isn't about getting the job or not, but having the courtesy and professionalism to follow upon stated that they would. The kicker is that the same job posting is up again online.