Loblaw Interview Questions

Updated Oct 13, 2014
Updated Oct 13, 2014

2.3

Horticulturist Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Loblaw.

first you have to belong to a horticultural society, and have many years experience and knowledge of plants, limited positions two month contract yearly,
    two hour orientation, health and safety and whimis certified

Interview Questions
    • qualifications speak for themselves in this position   View Answer

Master Data Analyst Interview

it was simply just behavioural... but there is 2 ppl they keep asking u questions. after i asked them questions about the job,. the job isnt that great. it is very regular days and u always do the same thing. from there they just sent me a job offer. very efficiant p

no negotiation

Cashier Loblaws Interview

Emailed me to fill out a question-are replied within minutes to come in for an interview

Grocery Clerk Interview

They will first call you for an interview (duh)..
    They ask basic questions such as "what would you do if a customer were to lose it on you?" "why do you want to work here?" etc.. If you got the job they will then ask your for a criminal check (if you are not a criminal, this should be no problem just give them a piece of ID, they will photocopy it and send it out for you) After they send it out, I had to wait about a week and a half until they called me to tell me it went through fine. They then invited to an orientation (basically learning the ins and outs of the store.. whats acceptable and whats not etc..) They will then make you wait for another call to find out when your first shift is!!

Interview Questions
    • For me it was the "why do you want to work here?"
      I thought I messed up the whole interview because all I said was "I don't know, I need a job" but they took that for an answer.. but please think about this question. tell them some bs like you like to shop there and it seems like a nice place to work ect..
        Answer Question

Cashier Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Loblaw.

I had a family member that worked at the Real Canadian Superstore and he helped set up an application for me. I met someone from the human resources and they gave me a hard copy employment form to fill out, along with tax forms.
    Afterwards, they set me up at a computer to take an online questionnaire. From what I remember, most of it was multiple choice. The options were: strongly agree, agree, neither agree nor disagree, disagree, and strongly disagree. There were situation questions, and questions about your opinion, such as one about how you felt about breaking rules to get things done.

Interview Questions
    • There were a couple questions about colleague relationships/problems, like if you noticed that they were slacked off, what would you do.   Answer Question

Supply Chain Analyst - Flow Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Loblaw in July 2014.

Interviews ca.2 months after the online application:
    1st part: telephone interview with the HR Manager which lasted around 15 minutes, questions mostly about supply chain previous experience and database management skills, and went through the Resume.
    2nd part (within the same week): on-site interview only with the senior supply chain manager: first he described the position in more detail, he explained the skills expected from the applicant and then he went through the whole resume focusing on any similar previous experiences, It lasted around 30-40 minutes. No difficult questions only why you are fit for the position.

Interview Questions
    • Why you think you are a good fit for this position   View Answer

Courtesy Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Loblaw in April 2012.

Interview was very simple, I was just asked what my experience was and when could I start

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Loblaw in August 2012.

I applied online and I got a call 3 weeks later telling me to fill out a questionnaire with psychological type questions. A few weeks after that I got a phone interview where they ask you about your availability and limitations. After this I think it was 1 month after I got a call from the store that I applied to saying they wanted an interview. The in-store interview was very casual, they didn't ask any "real" interview questions just conversational type things like what you do in your spare time...etc. I got the job right there.

Grocery Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Loblaw in October 2009.

It was short, asking questions like "Why do you want to work here?" "What does good customer service mean to you?" lasted about 15 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't very many questions really. just availability and whatever was above.   Answer Question
    No negotiations.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Loblaw in June 2011.

10 mins interview. Talked about school your quality and weakness. Are you still available after the summer.