Loblaw Interview Questions

Updated Jul 28, 2015

2.1

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Loblaw.

Interview

Handed in application in-store, got called a few days later for an interview. Was asked "what do you think makes a good cashier?" Then very general questions about previous work history, and asked about availability. Then had to fill out a very long survey. A few days later, got a call to come in for training.

Interview Questions

• There really was only one question "what do you think makes a good cashier?"   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Loblaw.

Interview

Very easy process - go in the store, fill in an application, attach my resume. I think it helped to know one of the cashiers in order to get the interview. The interview was simple - pretty much asked about when I could work, what hours I was looking for, and the manager wanted a reference to call.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Loblaw.

Interview

Applied online, got a call to come in for an interview a week later, went in for the interview. It didnt last very long because the manager said she knew she wanted to hire me in the first few seconds. Said the background check will take a week. A week later I got hired.

Horticulturist Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Loblaw.

Interview

first you have to belong to a horticultural society, and have many years experience and knowledge of plants, limited positions two month contract yearly, two hour orientation, health and safety and whimis certified

Interview Questions

• qualifications speak for themselves in this position   1 Answer

Master Data Analyst Interview

Interview

it was simply just behavioural... but there is 2 ppl they keep asking u questions. after i asked them questions about the job,. the job isnt that great. it is very regular days and u always do the same thing. from there they just sent me a job offer. very efficiant p

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation

IT Team Lead Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Loblaw.

Interview

3 Step Interview (Phone interview, Technical Interview and Senior Management Interview). You will be interviewed by the HR Recruiter first for salary information etc, then they forward your resume to the hiring manager and if the hiring manager would like to interview you, it goes from there as state above.

Interview Questions

• IF you are good at technical, you should not have a difficult situation   Answer Question

Negotiation

You should have your desired salary range in mind while negotiating. Usually there is no negotiation, if you do not fall into their salary range, they do not call you.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Loblaw.

Interview

I had a family member that worked at the Real Canadian Superstore and he helped set up an application for me. I met someone from the human resources and they gave me a hard copy employment form to fill out, along with tax forms. Afterwards, they set me up at a computer to take an online questionnaire. From what I remember, most of it was multiple choice. The options were: strongly agree, agree, neither agree nor disagree, disagree, and strongly disagree. There were situation questions, and questions about your opinion, such as one about how you felt about breaking rules to get things done.

Interview Questions

• There were a couple questions about colleague relationships/problems, like if you noticed that they were slacked off, what would you do.   Answer Question

Grocery Clerk Interview

Interview

They will first call you for an interview (duh).. They ask basic questions such as "what would you do if a customer were to lose it on you?" "why do you want to work here?" etc.. If you got the job they will then ask your for a criminal check (if you are not a criminal, this should be no problem just give them a piece of ID, they will photocopy it and send it out for you) After they send it out, I had to wait about a week and a half until they called me to tell me it went through fine. They then invited to an orientation (basically learning the ins and outs of the store.. whats acceptable and whats not etc..) They will then make you wait for another call to find out when your first shift is!!

Interview Questions

• For me it was the "why do you want to work here?" I thought I messed up the whole interview because all I said was "I don't know, I need a job" but they took that for an answer.. but please think about this question. tell them some bs like you like to shop there and it seems like a nice place to work ect..   1 Answer

Legal Department Interview

Interview

It's a quick process and inbounding seems very structured, they will partner you with a buddy but the reality is that everyone is so pushed to their limits that you are basically on your own when it comes to getting your bearings. Be sure to inquire how many people were in your role before you in the last 5 years-- you may be surprised at the high turnover.

I found out that there was a super high turnover rate and I didn't want to take any chances

Cashier Loblaws Interview

Interview

Emailed me to fill out a question-are replied within minutes to come in for an interview