Loblaw Interview Questions

Updated Jul 28, 2015

2.1

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brampton, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Loblaw (Brampton, ON (Canada)) in October 2014.

Interview

Phone interview followed by in person. I followed up after 2 weeks and hr noted positives about me and furans that they were waiting for VP approval. The VP approval delayed due to a retirement and I was called back 2 months later. I noted I was still interested then nothing for another month then the job was reposted no additional interactions with Loblaw.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Coquitlam, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Loblaw (Coquitlam, BC (Canada)) in October 2014.

Interview

Applied online. Around a week later, I received a phone call from Superstore, asking if I could go in for an interview tomorrow. I went, and in all honesty, it was the easiest interview ever. I was interviewed by the front end manager. She asked me questions about why I wanted to work here, and resume based questions such as my relationship with ____ company. She then asked about my favorite and least favorite work experiences. I was hired on the spot. She informed me more on the company, its policies, its pros, etc. Fin.

Interview Questions

• As long as you know yourself and why you want to work there, you are going to get through easily.   Answer Question

I had another job offer at a different grocery store that I liked a bit better. However, Superstore is good! Don't skip on them if you don't want to!

Cashier Loblaws Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Loblaw in October 2014.

Interview

Basically I applied online from a job posting I found. I completed a survey of basically 50 or so questions. I waited and in about a week I got phoned and was told to come in for an interview the next day at a certain time. I went in the next day and sat down with the cashier department supervisor. She asked about my work experience at a place that I volunteered at. She also asked other simple questions. She asked for my availability and I filled out a form. She said they will call in the next 3 days. On the fourth day on monday, she called and said to come in for an orientation on wednesday and basically I was hired.

Interview Questions

• Nothing, it was mostly answering general questions and filling out a paper.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Loblaw.

Interview

I had a family member that worked at the Real Canadian Superstore and he helped set up an application for me. I met someone from the human resources and they gave me a hard copy employment form to fill out, along with tax forms. Afterwards, they set me up at a computer to take an online questionnaire. From what I remember, most of it was multiple choice. The options were: strongly agree, agree, neither agree nor disagree, disagree, and strongly disagree. There were situation questions, and questions about your opinion, such as one about how you felt about breaking rules to get things done.

Interview Questions

• There were a couple questions about colleague relationships/problems, like if you noticed that they were slacked off, what would you do.   Answer Question

IT Manager Interview

Interview

It was brutal. It was 45 minutes long. I listened to the interviewer talk about their spouse. Then I was told that they liked my truck (seriously). With 5 minutes left in the interview I had to ask for details about the job because it was not referenced once in the interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Absolutely infantile but I needed the job. The salary seemed arbitrary. I walked away with a job but shook my head all the way back to my magnificent truck.

Grocery Clerk Interview

Interview

They will first call you for an interview (duh).. They ask basic questions such as "what would you do if a customer were to lose it on you?" "why do you want to work here?" etc.. If you got the job they will then ask your for a criminal check (if you are not a criminal, this should be no problem just give them a piece of ID, they will photocopy it and send it out for you) After they send it out, I had to wait about a week and a half until they called me to tell me it went through fine. They then invited to an orientation (basically learning the ins and outs of the store.. whats acceptable and whats not etc..) They will then make you wait for another call to find out when your first shift is!!

Interview Questions

• For me it was the "why do you want to work here?" I thought I messed up the whole interview because all I said was "I don't know, I need a job" but they took that for an answer.. but please think about this question. tell them some bs like you like to shop there and it seems like a nice place to work ect..   1 Answer

Legal Department Interview

Interview

It's a quick process and inbounding seems very structured, they will partner you with a buddy but the reality is that everyone is so pushed to their limits that you are basically on your own when it comes to getting your bearings. Be sure to inquire how many people were in your role before you in the last 5 years-- you may be surprised at the high turnover.

I found out that there was a super high turnover rate and I didn't want to take any chances

Associate Merchant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brampton, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Loblaw (Brampton, ON (Canada)).

Interview

the HR was very nice and helpful, hiring manager was knowledgeable and made me feel comfortable. I could actually be myself during the interview and got an offer very quickly.

Interview Questions

• know stock price, how well the company is doing, private labels for the categories applying for   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Loblaw in July 2014.

Interview

Very basic telephone interview. Follows a script. Although answer question in pervious question, still ask question. Feeling interviewer was looking for key words in answers. " what experience do you have?" " I have a,b,c."Next question. ". "Have you ever done b?" Uhm, yes.

Supply Chain Analyst - Flow Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Loblaw (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in July 2014.

Interview

Interviews ca.2 months after the online application: 1st part: telephone interview with the HR Manager which lasted around 15 minutes, questions mostly about supply chain previous experience and database management skills, and went through the Resume. 2nd part (within the same week): on-site interview only with the senior supply chain manager: first he described the position in more detail, he explained the skills expected from the applicant and then he went through the whole resume focusing on any similar previous experiences, It lasted around 30-40 minutes. No difficult questions only why you are fit for the position.

Interview Questions

• Why you think you are a good fit for this position   1 Answer