Loblaw

62 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Produce Clerk Interview

Produce Clerk

I applied online - interviewed at Loblaw in May 2012.

Interview Details – seems straight forward but can take a good few weeks even a couple of months.

Interview Question – Nothing really.   Answer Question

Montreal, QC (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Loblaw in June 2011.

Interview Details – 10 mins interview. Talked about school your quality and weakness. Are you still available after the summer.

Interview Question – No hard questions...   Answer Question

Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Loblaw.

Interview Details – A phone interview and then a follow up interview at the store. The questions were quite easy: they asked what was the most challenging thing that you have overcome, questions about how you would deal with team work, and what would you do if the customer had a complaint. They also asked about my tolerance of physical labour and how I deal with repetitive tasks. They were very nice.

Interview Question – Nothing hard. Probably the hardest question was about how you overcame your biggest challenge/problem with a co-worker.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The store that wanted to hire me was too far.

Beauty Clerk Interview

Beauty Clerk
Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied in-person - interviewed at Loblaw in September 2012.

Interview Details – My interview took about an hour and lots of questions like what do you think about custom service? Have you ever observed any unsafe behavior in your previous employment? etc.

Interview Question – There are not really difficult questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Cashier

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Loblaw.

Interview Details – one interview, I had to do a long 50 question test. I got the job mostly because of good references... the wait was a week or two.

Interview Question – I can't remember... simple average behvorial questions "in the situation what would you do" kindda senerio   Answer Question

Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Loblaw in July 2011.

Interview Details – Applied online on the Loblaw Career website, received an email about 3 weeks later with a link to an electronic survey. Basically, the multiple-choice survey asked you questions regarding your personality and "what would you do" scenarios; after the survey, I received a phone call from the Front End Manager asking me to come into the store with ID. Interview was extremely short and easy - questions were: are you a student, when are you available, why do you want to work here ... was hired instantly. Training started within a week and took about 4 days then you were able to start working as a Cashier.

Negotiation Details – No negotiations

Front End Cashier Interview

Front End Cashier
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Loblaw in August 2010.

Interview Details – I applied online and got a call 2 weeks later. They called me in for an interview where I was asked to fill out a survey before actually getting interviewed.

Interview Question – What would you do to convince someone to buy a product?   Answer Question

Senior Analyst Interview

Senior Analyst
Brampton, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Loblaw in March 2012.

Interview Details – Job interview consisted of a 2:1 interview to start with. Went over experience, education etc. Interviewers were friendly and talked a lot about the job and the growth at the company.

Second interview consisted of a 1:1 interview going over similar concepts.

The most negative thing about the entire interview process was that they never followed up after the interview. It isn't about getting the job or not, but having the courtesy and professionalism to follow upon stated that they would. The kicker is that the same job posting is up again online.

Interview Questions

Clerk Interview

Clerk

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Loblaw in May 2012.

Interview Details – Very professional, quick responses to emails, excellent follow up. The interview was held on time and I was greeted quite pleasantly. Be prepared to answer the most basic interview questions and be prepared to talk about your availability in terms of days and hours. Take a copy of your resume and 2 pieces of ID.

Interview Question – Tell us about a time when you had to work with time restraints and prioritize tasks.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Analyst

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Loblaw in November 2010.

Interview Details – It was very easy for me as I knew the manager I was going to be working with