Loblaw

Updated Dec 4, 2014
Updated Dec 4, 2014

2.3

Cashier Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Loblaw.

one interview, I had to do a long 50 question test. I got the job mostly because of good references... the wait was a week or two.

Interview Questions
    • I can't remember... simple average behvorial questions "in the situation what would you do" kindda senerio   Answer Question

Beauty Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied in-person – interviewed at Loblaw in September 2012.

My interview took about an hour and lots of questions like what do you think about custom service? Have you ever observed any unsafe behavior in your previous employment? etc.

no negotiation

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, ON (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Loblaw in August 2012.

The interview was one of one. He interviewer was really nice and it was in a quiet private room. He asked a lot of pretty easy, run-of-the-mill questions that you'd expect and I answered them all easily. However, because Im a student, they needed me to work Tuesday nights for some reason. (I have class Tuesday night) He seemed really disappointed that I couldnt work Tuesdays and told me he'd talk to human resources to try and find a position for me.

He told me he really liked me... He told me I seemed really nice... He told me he'd try hard to find a position for me... He told me he'd call me asap.

Never heard from him again. Kinda annoying.

Loblaws Bakery Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Loblaw in August 2012.

great interview, get to know the actual products and you'll be good, use common sense in situational questions, know what to do if there is a spill, a customer need help, and a manager told you to do a task as soon as possible, dress semi-formal for the interview. pick a favourite product and mention you eat the products a lot, don't expect to get full time because there a long list based on seniority to become full time.

no negotiation

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Loblaw in August 2012.

I applied online and I got a call 3 weeks later telling me to fill out a questionnaire with psychological type questions. A few weeks after that I got a phone interview where they ask you about your availability and limitations. After this I think it was 1 month after I got a call from the store that I applied to saying they wanted an interview. The in-store interview was very casual, they didn't ask any "real" interview questions just conversational type things like what you do in your spare time...etc. I got the job right there.

Clerk Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Loblaw in May 2012.

Very professional, quick responses to emails, excellent follow up. The interview was held on time and I was greeted quite pleasantly. Be prepared to answer the most basic interview questions and be prepared to talk about your availability in terms of days and hours. Take a copy of your resume and 2 pieces of ID.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time when you had to work with time restraints and prioritize tasks.   Answer Question

Produce Clerk Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Loblaw in May 2012.

seems straight forward but can take a good few weeks even a couple of months.

Courtesy Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Loblaw in April 2012.

Interview was very simple, I was just asked what my experience was and when could I start

Engineering Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brampton, ON (Canada)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Loblaw in April 2012.

They had a co-op student on the interview panel, called me by the wrong name, came late to the interview, couldn't find a room to have the interview in for a good 5 minutes...the place is a joke.

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brampton, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Loblaw in March 2012.

Job interview consisted of a 2:1 interview to start with. Went over experience, education etc. Interviewers were friendly and talked a lot about the job and the growth at the company.

Second interview consisted of a 1:1 interview going over similar concepts.

The most negative thing about the entire interview process was that they never followed up after the interview. It isn't about getting the job or not, but having the courtesy and professionalism to follow upon stated that they would. The kicker is that the same job posting is up again online.