Loblaw Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 10, 2014
65 interviews

2.3

Horticulturist Interview

I interviewed through other source. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Loblaw.

first you have to belong to a horticultural society, and have many years experience and knowledge of plants, limited positions two month contract yearly,
    two hour orientation, health and safety and whimis certified

Interview Questions
    • qualifications speak for themselves in this position   View Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  London, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Employee in London, ON (Canada)

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Loblaw in August 2012.

The interview was one of one. He interviewer was really nice and it was in a quiet private room. He asked a lot of pretty easy, run-of-the-mill questions that you'd expect and I answered them all easily. However, because Im a student, they needed me to work Tuesday nights for some reason. (I have class Tuesday night) He seemed really disappointed that I couldnt work Tuesdays and told me he'd talk to human resources to try and find a position for me.

He told me he really liked me... He told me I seemed really nice... He told me he'd try hard to find a position for me... He told me he'd call me asap.

Never heard from him again. Kinda annoying.

Photo Lab Supervisor Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Loblaw.

Hired as a photo lab tech on the spot at the end of the interview. Promoted to supervisor after I started doing the job myself and it was just more convent for the store manager.

Interview Questions
    • What is your long term goals (in relations to the company).   View Answer

Produce Clerk Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Loblaw in May 2012.

seems straight forward but can take a good few weeks even a couple of months.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Montreal, QC (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Loblaw in June 2011.

10 mins interview. Talked about school your quality and weakness. Are you still available after the summer.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Loblaw.

A phone interview and then a follow up interview at the store. The questions were quite easy: they asked what was the most challenging thing that you have overcome, questions about how you would deal with team work, and what would you do if the customer had a complaint. They also asked about my tolerance of physical labour and how I deal with repetitive tasks. They were very nice.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing hard. Probably the hardest question was about how you overcame your biggest challenge/problem with a co-worker.   Answer Question

The store that wanted to hire me was too far.

Beauty Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Calgary, AB (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I interviewed in-person - interviewed at Loblaw in September 2012.

My interview took about an hour and lots of questions like what do you think about custom service? Have you ever observed any unsafe behavior in your previous employment? etc.

no negotiation

Cashier Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Loblaw.

one interview, I had to do a long 50 question test. I got the job mostly because of good references... the wait was a week or two.

Interview Questions
    • I can't remember... simple average behvorial questions "in the situation what would you do" kindda senerio   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Calgary, AB (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I interviewed online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Loblaw in July 2011.

Applied online on the Loblaw Career website, received an email about 3 weeks later with a link to an electronic survey. Basically, the multiple-choice survey asked you questions regarding your personality and "what would you do" scenarios; after the survey, I received a phone call from the Front End Manager asking me to come into the store with ID. Interview was extremely short and easy - questions were: are you a student, when are you available, why do you want to work here ... was hired instantly. Training started within a week and took about 4 days then you were able to start working as a Cashier.

No negotiations

Front End Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Loblaw in August 2010.

I applied online and got a call 2 weeks later. They called me in for an interview where I was asked to fill out a survey before actually getting interviewed.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do to convince someone to buy a product?   Answer Question