Loblaw

Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
Calgary, AB (Canada)

The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Loblaw in January 2010.

Interview Details – Very misleading information provided by the hiring manager on compensation

Interview Question – Specific questions on compensation   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Fine because it wasn't true

Engineering Analyst Interview

Engineering Analyst
Brampton, ON (Canada)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Loblaw in April 2012.

Interview Details – They had a co-op student on the interview panel, called me by the wrong name, came late to the interview, couldn't find a room to have the interview in for a good 5 minutes...the place is a joke.

Interview Question – Why should we hire you over other candidates?   Answer Question

Master Data Analyst Interview

Master Data Analyst
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Loblaw in May 2010.

Interview Details – I had two phone interviews, first initially for the grad program then they recommended me apply for this job. Hence, I did and the group panel interview was very intense. There were two managers and one HR who conducted it and it was like a firing session for an hour. What they are really looking for is, people who have the ability to learn and excel skills.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you were unable to get along with the manager and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question
  • How are your excel skills, do you know how to use pivot tables, vlook up?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was unable to negotiate as I was the fresh grad out of University. The only negotiation that was accepted was, the re-location to Toronto instead of Mississauga.

Cashier Interview

Cashier
Edmonton, AB (Canada)

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Loblaw in November 2011.

Interview Details – The interview to me was a great experience. One day, as I went for grocery shopping I saw an advertisement that they would hold a Job Fair in a conference centre next to the store (Superstore) the next week. So I brought my resume with me and went in to apply. They have us ( there were lots of people who came in to apply) sitting at a laptop station to complete a 60 questions test in 15 minutes. Pretty much Personality test. Then I was called to a table representing the store I'd like to work at. The supervisor who interviewed me was very nice and thoughtful, she seemed very patient and interested in what I was saying to her. Basically she asked me about how would I handle a very angry customer and she was very satisfied about my answer. The interview took only 15 minutes. At the end she asked if I wanted to ask her any question. I was pretty much nervous so I said no but she asked if I was sure about it. And I literally told her I was nervous which I didn't know I shouldn't say that (lol). But she then spoke to the Recruiter who was sitting next to her that she liked me because I was being very honest. She then told me that just work hard and I would receive what I deserve, to grow with the company and considered it as a career.

Interview Question – How would you handle a very angry customer who have had a very horrible experience the last time she shopped here?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No. She stated an offer in the middle of the conversation since I thought she would like to hire me.

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Loblaw in October 2011.

Interview Details – there was only one postion , interviewer was nice. few smple questions . available time

Interview Question – what's your weekness?   Answer Question

Stewardship Coordinator Interview

Stewardship Coordinator

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Loblaw in June 2011.

Interview Details – 2:1 interview, hired an employee who had already been working for the hiring manager. I was an external client who had gotten the interview through an ex-employee referral.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time where you had to convince someone of your opinion?   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Senior Manager
Mississauga, ON (Canada)

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Loblaw in April 2011.

Interview Details – Two tiers of interviews, one with direct manager and one with senior director.

Negotiation Details – No negotiations

Supply Chain Analyst Interview

Supply Chain Analyst
Brampton, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Loblaw in August 2011.

Interview Details – I received a call from HR after 3 days I applied to the job online and I had my phone interview with HR next day. It took 30 minutes and it was average. In less than a week, I received a call from another recruiter to schedule an interview and after 2 days I had my 1:1 interview with HR for 20 minutes and right after that another interview with 2 hiring managers for 1.5 hours. This was the final interview and I was told that they would make a decision in 2 weeks. Hiring managers were so friendly and it was a really positive experience for me even though I couldn't get the job. Also, HR called me after 2 weeks to let me know that they decided to go with another person.

Interview Question – mostly about my current experience   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer
Brampton, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Loblaw in May 2011.

Interview Details – The phone interview was easy, same as my resume. We set a date for an interview with the Hr and supervisor of technical team. Nice people to talk.
Questions were about my experience, why Loblaw, ...
After that technical test took 30 minutes.
But no response ... and one thing interesting, after 4 months you can see job post on internet... They didn't find any one yet.

Interview Question – Why Loblaw?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Analyst
Brampton, ON (Canada)

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Loblaw in March 2009.

Interview Details – It takes about a week for interview.

Interview Question – Why would you study (the major) in University?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Loblaw