Loblaw Interview Questions

Updated Mar 5, 2015

2.2

Senior Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brampton, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Loblaw in January 2013.

Call interview from HR, interview with hiring manager after a week

Photo Lab Supervisor Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Loblaw.

Hired as a photo lab tech on the spot at the end of the interview. Promoted to supervisor after I started doing the job myself and it was just more convent for the store manager.

Interview Questions
    • What is your long term goals (in relations to the company).   View Answer

Merchant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Loblaw.

Dropped of resume and within a week got a call for an interview. Interviewed within 2 days and job was offered within a day.

Interview Questions
    • How do you handle a customer complaint.   View Answer
    There wasn't one

Information Technology - Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brampton, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Loblaw in December 2012.

I had applied through their website and after few days, I received a call/email from their in-house recruiter, who wanted to have a phone interview with me. I had a 30 min phone interview, where the interviewer was very professional and knowledgeable. He asked me questions about my past (specifically, last job role) job responsibilities.

Interview Questions
    • How big were the networks that you supported?   View Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Loblaw.

A phone interview and then a follow up interview at the store. The questions were quite easy: they asked what was the most challenging thing that you have overcome, questions about how you would deal with team work, and what would you do if the customer had a complaint. They also asked about my tolerance of physical labour and how I deal with repetitive tasks. They were very nice.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing hard. Probably the hardest question was about how you overcame your biggest challenge/problem with a co-worker.   Answer Question

The store that wanted to hire me was too far.

Bakerky Clerk Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Loblaw.

I applied online and received a call the next morning. She asked what position I was interested in so I asked what positions were available.....cashier/bakery/hot foods. I told her either cash or bakery. She said well how about bakery then, there are more available hours in that dept. I went to the store 2 days later for the interview. I was asked to explain my previous jobs and if i had any bakery experience. (I had prior experience but it wasn't on my resume). I was then asked questions like any problems lifting up to 40 lbs, going in and out of heated to freezer temps. Then I had to do a very short personality test paper, multiple choice, basically to find out if you will steal from the company, if you follow proper protical IE/ safety proceedures, and you wont abuse your breaks.....take longer than is allowed.
    She tried several times to get the manager to come and see me but they were very short handed at the time and he couldn't get away.
    She then took my info and did a criminal check through their own company and was told that I would hear back when they had the results.
    I received a call the next day and by the end of the week I had completed my orientation.

Interview Questions
    Part time staff...no negotiating, it's unionized and you start at min wage. Increases are given after so many worked hours and are in .05 increments.

Grad Program Candidate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ryerson University, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ryerson University, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Loblaw in October 2012.

The hiring process had 3 steps:

1) Phone interview:
    A third party company does this, so it wasn't very organized. Very structured and typical questions like "tell me about your strengths/weaknesses"

2) In person interview with manager
    You are interviewing with two people, one being the manager from the department/team and an HR representative. They'll ask more about your job experiences and how your experiences and skills match with the role. Be prepared to back up with details of what you stated on your resume/cover letter. As well, they will ask you what stores you visited and the details of what you liked and disliked about the store.

3) Group interview
    You are given a case study to work on with a group of other candidates. Pretty much show that you can work effectively within a team and present the case. Show some initiative, but also be supportive of your team members.

Interview Questions
    • Whats one thing you would like to change or about the store? What stores did you visit and what was good/bad about them?   Answer Question
    They generally say the salary they offer is already considering your skills/education/experiences. Basically won't budge.

Cashier Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Loblaw.

Very easy process - go in the store, fill in an application, attach my resume. I think it helped to know one of the cashiers in order to get the interview.

The interview was simple - pretty much asked about when I could work, what hours I was looking for, and the manager wanted a reference to call.

Cashier Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Loblaw.

one interview, I had to do a long 50 question test. I got the job mostly because of good references... the wait was a week or two.

Interview Questions
    • I can't remember... simple average behvorial questions "in the situation what would you do" kindda senerio   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Loblaw.

Applied online, got a call to come in for an interview a week later, went in for the interview. It didnt last very long because the manager said she knew she wanted to hire me in the first few seconds. Said the background check will take a week. A week later I got hired.