Local Initiative Support Corporation Interview Questions

Updated Jul 24, 2015

3.2

Interviews for Top Jobs at Local Initiative Support Corporation

Assistant Program Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Local Initiative Support Corporation.

Interview

Standard procedure, straight forward questions and really gauging for work style and culture fit.The one on one was a bit lofty but the panel review was laid back, though there was a lot of notetaking and follow up. Know yourself, know your strengths, know your weaknesses and focus on the tasks you'll be expected to do and reference them often.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you encountered an office conflict and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

FOC Program Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Local Initiative Support Corporation (Houston, TX) in October 2013.

Interview

Initially I applied for a Director position but I received a phone call that they would like to consider me for another position. I was thrilled, a phone interview time/date was arranged with the consultant that LISC hired to select the candidate. The phone interview went well and I was notified via email that I had made it to the next step. This is when things started to go downhill. The consultant and I could never agree on a time to meet. My schedule was flexible but with respect to my current employer I could not drop what I was doing to come and meet at moments notice. Finally the consultant scheduled a interview date/time at a coffee shop (which I thought was odd) the interview lasted about 90 min(s) with some pretty tough questions. To this day I was never notified I did not get the job. I found out through an industry colleague they selected another candidate. Thanks for letting me know LISC!

Interview Questions

• A lot of behavioral and situational interview questions.   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Local Initiative Support Corporation (Richmond, VA) in September 2011.

Interview

I discussed with my mentor my career aspirations for the future and some of the things I said reminded him of his neighbor and colleague. He described LISC to me and I was very interested, so he agreed to contact my soon-to-be boss to see if they needed a new hire. Then, I was contacted two weeks later and had a brief phone interview with my soon-to-be boss. She was very cordial and welcoming and we were able to schedule an interview date without hassle. I went to the interview and had a casual conversation with a program officer, who would later be my direct supervisor, while my soon-to-be boss was in a conference call. He is one of the warmest people I have ever met and I found it easy to share my experiences with him. That one on one lasted about 20 minutes. Lastly, I had a double interview with both of them where they described what they needed and where they wanted the company to go in the next few years and what they expected of a candidate. I told them of my skills and how I could complement their needs. They were very receptive of what I had to say. I was informed that I got the internship the same week and it has been a blast ever since!

Program Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Local Initiative Support Corporation in January 2011.

Interview

HR assists with the hiring process, but generally resumes go to the head of the department who's doing the hire (ie, VP, Program Director, Executive Director) so the interview process is decentralized and individualized.

Interview Questions

• Interview is conducted by the department head, so questions vary based on who's conducting the interview. There's no centralized or standardized interview process.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate

Real Estate Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Local Initiative Support Corporation (Philadelphia, PA) in March 2010.

Interview

Applied online and then setup and interview. The interview consisted of normal questions like background information, work experience, and questions like; Tell us about a time you had to go through a problem and how you solved it. Since the position was for real estate financial assistant they wanted to know if you knew how to read and analyze financial reports.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to go above and beyond the call of duty to get a job done?   Answer Question