Location Labs Interview Questions

Updated Sep 10, 2014
Updated Sep 10, 2014

3.1

QA Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Location Labs.

Was contacted by recruiter, then interviewed by phone with team lead, then issued a coding exercise. Process took about two weeks. The coding exercise was a bit difficult, it involved rearranging a string of characters into alphabetical order, but also organizing them into categories. You have to be pretty competent in data structures to be able to complete the exercise, the time limit is only 70 minutes.

I spent a bit over 70 min but I believed my answer was very close to being correct. Sadly, I received no feedback and was rejected after my coding exercise.

Interview Questions
    • coding exercise differs, but you should study up on data structures and OOD principles   Answer Question

Software Engineer-Mobile Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Emeryville, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Location Labs.

Was contacted by recruiter, one phone screen and then onsite. The phone screen questions were about basics of Android and algorithm to find pairs of integers adding to sum in an array of integers. The onsite interview was taken by 3 interviewers-android UI basics, boggle game algo, coding exercise to draw mandelbrot set and then some android design questions.
    Overall the questions were good, I performed really well but not sure why I didn't get selected.

Software Engineer Intern Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Location Labs in March 2014.

Initial phone interview with chief scientist, and then had an onsite interview about 3-4 weeks later, followed by a lunch later that week with some of the tech leads. I was constantly kept in touch and the entire process was really smooth and easy on my end.

Interview Questions
    • Very standard software engineering questions. Nothing especially difficult.   Answer Question

QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Emeryville, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Location Labs in August 2012.

The process is quick and friendly. First, a person from HR will have a phone interview. General information about your previous job etc. The second interview will be in-person with the manager of the team and finally you will have a quick interview with the CTO and CEO. The last two are more of getting to know the person who will join the company and if they are a good fit to the culture.

Interview Questions
    • In my case, I did not have a super difficult question however I heard that lately they are asking some of those 'QA me this pen', or 'Step by step how would you make a Peanut butter and jelly sandwich'.   Answer Question
    When they offer you a full time position take and sign it right there do not wait.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Emeryville, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Location Labs.

The whole process was smooth and very enjoyable. The company was prompt to get back to me. There was an Initial phone interview followed by an onsite interview all day. 4 rounds, including a programming exercise - fully blown.
    general data structures, algorithms, oop, ood, complexity analysis etc. is what one must be prepared with.

The most appealing thing was the quality of the people and that of the discussion that I had . This was not like any other mundane run of the mill interview process where you are treated like a nobody and there is a constant proving of power structure going on.
    The people are nice, the place is great, very friendly environment and good things to work on.

Interview Questions
    • All the questions were more like discussions so while they were all meaningful and interesting / challenging in some way , I liked working on the problems given and the questions asked.   View Answer
    yes bit not much, the offer upfront was pretty good

QA Interview

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Location Labs.

Had an interview with Heidi . It was supposed to be an over the phone interview but an hour before the interview they emailed me asking to come in. She spoke for most of the interview about herself and didn't seem to do probe much to find if I was the right candidate. I was told I would be contacted in the next day or two. I never heard anything so I wrote them a week later and was told by someone else that the position was already filled.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Emeryville, CA

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Location Labs in September 2011.

Hiring manager called to setup an onsite interview. Two ppl interviewed and was given an offer within a week

Senior Software Engineer Interview

interviewed at Location Labs in November 2012.

The HR set up the initial phone interview with one of the senior developers which went well.

Was invited for the in-person interview next. It was for about 5-6hrs. First round with senior engineer who asked some design questions, second round with another engineer and director - asked some algorithm question and were looking for a specific approach. Third was coding exercise - was given 2hrs to complete an exercise, was not allowed to use the internet or download any API's.

Interview Questions
    • Basic java questions like - what is Interface, SOAP vs REST, algorithm to find pairs of numbers with a sum, some questions on collections, boggle game algorithm, session replication, how to avoid multiple request, iterator, comparator, garbage collection, equals vs compareTo   View Answer

SSE Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Gurgaon, Haryana (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Location Labs in January 2012.

The interview process was systematic and they didn't take much time in execution of different processes.
    It was smooth and non-fussy.

Interview Questions
    • There were some logical questions asked like

1. Find a sequence of the numbers in a series which gives the maximum Sum.
          The sequence consists of the negative and positive numbers.
        View Answer

Worked for Location Labs? Contribute to the Community!