Lockheed Martin

Average Difficulty
5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Engineer Associate

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Lockheed Martin.

Interview Details – Got a phone call by a recruiter to set up a profile and got bumped up to a Program Manager's view. About 2 weeks later I got an email to confirm an interview date. It was a group interview with different Program Managers. Was asked basic interview questions like "how do you handle a specific situation". More behavior questions than anything. Nothing technical at all.

Interview Question – How would you go about telling a customer that what they wanted was way out of scope of the project?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Offer was more than I expected so I accepted.

Papillion, NE

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Lockheed Martin in March 2013.

Interview Details – Many months ago I filled out an online profile at the LM website because I was a senior in college and interested in working there. Several months later, I received an email from a recruiter who asked me if I was interested in a position that fit my skills and preferences. I replied that I was interested and an interview was setup for the following week. When I arrived, I was immediately met by an employee who asked me several questions about my background to determine if I would be eligible for the required clearance. Following that, I met with another man who took me to a room for the interview. There, I talked to the hiring manager and a representative for LM. They asked me to walk through my resume and go over any and all experiences I had listed on there. The hiring manager wanted details about projects I've worked on and any experience that might relate to this position. The hiring manager then told me about the position and answered any technical questions I had. He then left and I was left with the LM representative who told me about the company and what it's like to work there. Upon leaving, he told me that I should hear back the end of the week. The next day I received a call that I would be receiving an offer, and was emailed a link to fill out more information, which I'm assuming is used to determine a starting salary. Overall, I was very happy with the experience, as a graduating senior I have had many interviews and the communication and promptness of LM was by far the best experience.

Interview Question – Majority of questions they asked me were about school projects and experience at internships.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – You have to fill out some forms before you get an offer which ask you a desired salary. I received an offer that was very close to what I asked, and I didn't attempt to negotiate because I felt like the offer was fair.

Very Easy Interview

Greenbelt, MD

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Lockheed Martin in May 2012.

Interview Details – I've been contacted by Lockheed recruiters multiple times, but with the exception of this particular interview it had never gone anywhere. This time they forwarded my information to a hiring manager, who gave me a phone screen and detailed the position.

During the phone screen, while technical topics were discussed, there was no 'quiz show' factor. It was very conversational and cordial. I was invited for an in person interview, which lasted two or three hours. There I met with some managers and potential teammates. The interview was pleasant and the work sounded interesting. Everyone seemed very nice.

Interview Question – Describe how HTTP works.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The offer was not very competitive. I would have accepted an offer that had competitive salary and benefits.

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Associate Software Engineer

I applied online and interviewed at Lockheed Martin.

Interview Details – I got called in for an in person interview. The guy gave me a couple of basic behavioral questions. Then, he gave me 3 technical questions. It was pretty relaxing but I felt it wasn't taken seriously.

Interview Question – What's the difference between an abstract class and an interface?(easy question that i remembered).   Answer Question

Software Engineer Associate

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Lockheed Martin in May 2007.

Interview Details – I came in to an interview session where there were dozens of other interviewees which actually helped me to remain calm. They served beverages and bagels and the human resources staff were extremely friendly. You get called in for at least one (I had 3) one on one or two on one interviews where they discuss your resume your background etc, typical interview stuff. Once the day was over I went hope feeling good, and received an email about a week or so later letting me know that I have a choice between two positions.

Interview Question – What separates you from other candidates?   Answer Question

Worked for Lockheed Martin? Contribute to the Community!