Lockheed Martin

14 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Principal Systems Development Specialist Interview

Denver, CO

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Lockheed Martin.

Interview Details – Multiple Interviews with multiple people. Performed a skills test

Senior Mechanical Design Engineer Interview

Littleton, CO

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Lockheed Martin in December 2013.

Interview Details – Was brought into a conference room with the hiring manager and four working associates for the interview. Each person asked questions, both prepared and follow-up.

Interview Question – How did you resolve a difficult situation or dispute that you had in your past employment history? Describe the situation and the steps that you took to resolve the issue.   Answer Question

Lead Illustrator Interview

Colorado Springs, CO

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Lockheed Martin in May 2010.

Interview Details – Interview was conducted by a Temporary Agency, and Portfolio was reviewed

Interview Question – How much do you think you should be paid   View Answer

Negotiation Details – If you work out, you may get hired

Very Easy Interview

Senior Physical Security Expert Interview

Littleton, CO

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Lockheed Martin in May 2009.

Interview Details – I filled out an online application a initial phone interview and a confirmation of my government clearance, a inperson interview with the hiring manager and an offer letter which I reviewed and accepted.

Interview Question – This was a very relaxed interview. The hiring manger had some prepared question but he was comfortable with my experience and my knowledge of the subject matter. Most of the interview was a exploration to structure the offer. He had an interest in my experience in the Army.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Our canversation in the interview outlined my expectation and the offer letter met and exceeded my expectation.

Very Easy Interview

Systems Engineer Asc Interview

Colorado Springs, CO

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Lockheed Martin in April 2013.

Interview Details – Initially applied online, recruiter contacted me via email, they paid for all travel expenses. About 20 other candidates total all flown out to event. All candidates applied for different positions. Had initial presentation and then three interviews with three different hiring managers one on one. Very comfortable and great experience.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you had to communicate with a difficult person.   View Answer

Systems Administrator Interview

Systems Administrator
Colorado Springs, CO

I applied through other source and the process took 7 weeks - interviewed at Lockheed Martin in January 2013.

Interview Details – The interview was sudden, LM gave me less then 24 hour notice for it. I was interviewed by 2 personnel, neither of which was a manager, they could not answer specific questions about benefits, holidays, pay... ect only give a general answer that would apply to almost any company.
Application is lengthy and there are numerous other forms and items that have to be completed for a full background investigation. I spent 4 weeks sending in additional documentation to the background investigation company before the background investigation was complete. Recruiter was slow in response to any questions including start date and other important job related questions.

Interview Question – Most unexpected question: Would you be willing to work 45 hours a week and only get paid for 40?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – It was very slow, the recruiter took usually a week or more each time I asked any question or when I countered the offer for more.

Satellite Systems Engineer Interview

Denver, CO

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Lockheed Martin in June 2012.

Interview Details – I was referred by another employee. As verified by the hiring manager who interviewed me, it's unlikely that my resume would have even been looked at had I not had a referral (apparently they sit in an electronic purgatory until someone requests your specific name to be pulled out - i.e. referred). Although I think this system is unfair overall, it finally worked out for me. The lady who interviewed me was very nice. She was quite the talker herself. She would ask a question or two, I would answer, and then we would discuss things. She talked quite a bit about the job and the company (with a number of tangents). The interview wound up being about 2 hours long, although only about 30-45 minutes was actual "interview" time. The rest was discussions about me, the company, benefits, etc. She and I had a lot in common. I tried to cue into these items and casually talk about them in order to increase the repertoire. Although slow, this made the interview a relaxed atmosphere with a decent repertoire established. I wasn't given immediate feedback, however, a few weeks later I was told that she put in a "request to hire" immediately after the interview (despite being told that it was actually corporate headquarters' final decision.) They made an official offer a few weeks later.

Interview Question – None of the questions were overly difficult. There were a few basic behavioral ones and minor clarification about my background. The interviewer led the questions a bit (which I didn't expect, but this did make things even easier). I didn't feel that the questions gave a complete picture of my experience and me, so I wound up adding a lot to the interview by leading my own inputs and drawing from the discussion to mention more about myself. She seemed to like this, however, it did draw out the interview process a lot longer than I would have prefered. I didn't have a resume that matched the KSA's exactly, however, I did have a strong referral, and I did my best to clarify my experience and attributes that would translate well. Despite being "entry level" in experience (despite years in a slightly differrent field), I was given a position as a level-2 employee (still entry-level, but considered a big jump up from brand-new.) I think this is fair, as I'm essentially changing career fields and don't have a lot of experience in the new one.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I gave them a minimum and desired salary and related it to my former GS-level equivalent pay. Over the next few weeks, they talked about cutting it down below the minimum. I mentioned (truthfully) that I was also considering other favorable offers with the associated dollar amounts. The hiring manager fought to get me the higher pay, and eventually they offered me the additional amount to put the salary right about in the middle of my minimum-to-desired range. I'm wondering if I should have continued negotiating for more, however, I didn't want to give them an excuse to pull the offer and give it to someone else (it's a competitive job spot that rarely goes to outsiders).

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Mechanical Engineer
Littleton, CO

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Lockheed Martin in July 2009.

Interview Details – The key for me when I got hired was that I have a BS in Engineering from an ABET school and my GPA was above a 3.0. I also had a secret security clearance when I interviewed which helps a great deal. I also had a lot of experience with 3D design software when I came into the company.

Interview Question – I would say question and discussions about desired salary.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – awful. It was not a pleasant experience and HR got over on me pretty bad. I have yet to recover and I am so far behind my peers in salary that if I stay I will probably never truely catch up. Lesson learned, don't let HR take advantage of you.

Satellite Systems Engineer Interview

Colorado Springs, CO

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Lockheed Martin in June 2009.

Interview Details – Contacted by phone to set up in person interview. Met with panel of four (hiring manager plus three technical leads). Was asked standard work history and habits questions at first, followed by several generic technical questions involving interpretation of system diagrams. Interviewees were friendly and professional and later became a great support after I started.

Interview Question – Talk about a time you failed at a task and what you learned from it.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiated an additional 5%, but took an additional two weeks. However, well worth it as total raises for next three years were only 4.5%.

Very Difficult Interview

Manager Interview

Denver, CO

I applied online and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Lockheed Martin in May 2010.

Interview Details – Full Spectrum Leadership interviews - situation/task, action and result. These are behavioral type questions - "tell me about a time when..."

Interview Question – "Tell me about a time when..." and you have never been in that situation. Afterward I could not get a straight answer on whether it's better to say what you would have done or make something up.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Lockheed Martin

Worked for Lockheed Martin? Contribute to the Community!

Lockheed Martin Videos

Lockheed Martin – Why Work for Us?

From our history to our international footprint, there are certain things you want to know about us as it pertains to your career. Many CAREER AREAS To Choose From Discover where your career… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Lockheed Martin interview questions and advice in Colorado. All 14 interview reviews posted anonymously by Lockheed Martin employees and interview candidates.