Lockheed Martin

2.6

18 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Lockheed Martin in November 2014.

I am a transiting veteran who just relocated to Colorado Springs. I was contacted by a staffing agency and provided a copy of my resume and actually had an interview scheduled by the end of the day. I believe everything moved so quickly because of my particular experience while in the Air Force. The position in question was to conduct the testing of a command and control/integrated defense system for a foreign military and they were looking for a very specific skillset. The interview lasted about 45 minutes, 25 of which was spent discussing the project. Afterwards, we discussed my exact role and experience on some of the systems I had supported while on active duty. There were no real questions (i.e. what is your biggest strength, etc…) they just wanted to know what I had previously worked on. It was a very relaxed atmosphere. I have a software background and supported similar systems but got the impression they wanted someone with more operational experience.

Interview Questions
    • How much indepth experience do you have with tactical datalinks.   Answer Question

Multi Functional Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Lockheed Martin.

Probably the quickest process I've been through to get a job. Applied for position in Denver at first. I didn't hear anything back. Then I applied for the same position in Boulder about two months later. Got an email from recruiter saying I'd be a fit for the position and would be getting info about an interview soon. Didn't have a phone interview. Flew up to Denver about a week after initial contact in email for the interview. Interview was with three managers where they asked a variety of behavioral/situation questions about past experience. It was going well so then they asked about salary requirements at the end. Interview was on a Thursday and I was offered the job on the next Tuesday. So, from first email contact, the process took about two weeks. Tried to negotiate based on cost of living expenses, but was denied.

Interview Questions
    • What kind of problems did you solve in your prior position?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Asc Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Littleton, CO

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Lockheed Martin in June 2014.

I applied for the position and didnt get a call for the interview until about a month later. In the first 30 minutes of the interview I was casually interviewed by the project manager, simple things like, where do you see your career going, tell me about a time you worked in a group, etc. The following 30 minutes I was given a tour of the working environment, met a few other employees. The last hour of my interview was spent talking pretty casually with 3 of whom my peers would be if hired. I was asked about my programming, schooling, and project background, and given some good pieces of advice about the company and learning new useful programming tools/techniques. There was never any technical interview, simply explained experiences and knowledge I already had. I was interviewed on a Wednesday and the following Monday got a call saying the program wanted to extend me an offer. As most of the other reviews say, LM focuses more on what kind of person you are because they can teach if you everything they need you to know on the job if they find you fit.

Interview Questions
    • As I had mentioned, they really didnt try and throw any curve balls. Mostly want to know what your background is and what type of personality you have.   Answer Question

Principal Systems Development Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Lockheed Martin.

Multiple Interviews with multiple people. Performed a skills test

Systems Integration & Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Lockheed Martin in April 2014.

Applied for position in the middle of March. I was contacted a month later directly by the manager wanting to schedule a phone interview. A week later I spoke with the manager and tow other engineers that were on the team. I was asked about my background, experience with software integration, and overall career goals. It wasn't a difficult interview although because my background was strictly hardware based integration I wasn't sure if software would be something I could pick up with my limited testing background in it. The manager was great, helped me out with all my communications, and really worked well with me in wanting to be sure I was a good fit for the position.

Interview Questions

It was a good offer but I found another opportunity that I felt better suited for and that matched my career goals.

Senior Mechanical Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Littleton, CO

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Lockheed Martin in December 2013.

Was brought into a conference room with the hiring manager and four working associates for the interview. Each person asked questions, both prepared and follow-up.

Interview Questions
    • How did you resolve a difficult situation or dispute that you had in your past employment history? Describe the situation and the steps that you took to resolve the issue.   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Asc Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Lockheed Martin in April 2013.

Initially applied online, recruiter contacted me via email, they paid for all travel expenses. About 20 other candidates total all flown out to event. All candidates applied for different positions. Had initial presentation and then three interviews with three different hiring managers one on one. Very comfortable and great experience.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to communicate with a difficult person.   View Answer

Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

I applied through other source. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at Lockheed Martin in January 2013.

The interview was sudden, LM gave me less then 24 hour notice for it. I was interviewed by 2 personnel, neither of which was a manager, they could not answer specific questions about benefits, holidays, pay... ect only give a general answer that would apply to almost any company.
    Application is lengthy and there are numerous other forms and items that have to be completed for a full background investigation. I spent 4 weeks sending in additional documentation to the background investigation company before the background investigation was complete. Recruiter was slow in response to any questions including start date and other important job related questions.

Interview Questions
    • Most unexpected question: Would you be willing to work 45 hours a week and only get paid for 40?   View Answer
    It was very slow, the recruiter took usually a week or more each time I asked any question or when I countered the offer for more.

Satellite Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Lockheed Martin in June 2012.

I was referred by another employee. As verified by the hiring manager who interviewed me, it's unlikely that my resume would have even been looked at had I not had a referral (apparently they sit in an electronic purgatory until someone requests your specific name to be pulled out - i.e. referred). Although I think this system is unfair overall, it finally worked out for me. The lady who interviewed me was very nice. She was quite the talker herself. She would ask a question or two, I would answer, and then we would discuss things. She talked quite a bit about the job and the company (with a number of tangents). The interview wound up being about 2 hours long, although only about 30-45 minutes was actual "interview" time. The rest was discussions about me, the company, benefits, etc. She and I had a lot in common. I tried to cue into these items and casually talk about them in order to increase the repertoire. Although slow, this made the interview a relaxed atmosphere with a decent repertoire established. I wasn't given immediate feedback, however, a few weeks later I was told that she put in a "request to hire" immediately after the interview (despite being told that it was actually corporate headquarters' final decision.) They made an official offer a few weeks later.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were overly difficult. There were a few basic behavioral ones and minor clarification about my background. The interviewer led the questions a bit (which I didn't expect, but this did make things even easier). I didn't feel that the questions gave a complete picture of my experience and me, so I wound up adding a lot to the interview by leading my own inputs and drawing from the discussion to mention more about myself. She seemed to like this, however, it did draw out the interview process a lot longer than I would have prefered. I didn't have a resume that matched the KSA's exactly, however, I did have a strong referral, and I did my best to clarify my experience and attributes that would translate well. Despite being "entry level" in experience (despite years in a slightly differrent field), I was given a position as a level-2 employee (still entry-level, but considered a big jump up from brand-new.) I think this is fair, as I'm essentially changing career fields and don't have a lot of experience in the new one.   Answer Question
    I gave them a minimum and desired salary and related it to my former GS-level equivalent pay. Over the next few weeks, they talked about cutting it down below the minimum. I mentioned (truthfully) that I was also considering other favorable offers with the associated dollar amounts. The hiring manager fought to get me the higher pay, and eventually they offered me the additional amount to put the salary right about in the middle of my minimum-to-desired range. I'm wondering if I should have continued negotiating for more, however, I didn't want to give them an excuse to pull the offer and give it to someone else (it's a competitive job spot that rarely goes to outsiders).

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Lockheed Martin in February 2012.

I applied for several intern positions on the website. I was contacted through email about an interview possibility. Once I said I was interested, I received an email with instructions on how to book my all expenses paid trip to Denver. I was given a plane ticket, hotel and a rental car. At the interview site there were about 9 other intern candidates. We were not interviewing for specific positions, just for the company in general. The interviews consisted of several one-on-one interviews with managers of different projects in the Denver area. All of the interviews were in STAR format. They literally had a sheet of paper with questions on it and columns for your situation, task, action and result. Be prepared for several STAR format questions about communication, teamwork and leadership.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you failed to communicate. How did you correct it and what was the outcome?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you encountered a barrier or obstacle. How did you overcome it?   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation since it was an internship. Ask lots of questions about your position and have your recruiter ask your manager for job specifics. Otherwise you will just be given the generic intern job description.