Lockheed Martin Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Jul 22, 2015

2.6

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Lockheed Martin in July 2009.

Interview

Participated in Job Fair, I was selected for a follow-up interview, then proceeded with on-site interview with several folks.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Lockheed Martin

Anonymous Employee in Hampton, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Lockheed Martin (Hampton, VA) in June 2011.

Interview

All the people in the interview process were very eager to communicate and get their questions answer about background and how it would help meet the task objectives of satisfying the customer in the areas of expertise that were expected. Each individual 1:1 interview was performed in a professional manner and they really seamed to want to hear what you had to say.

Interview Questions

• Can you program in the C++ or similiar language   1 Answer
    • If you had to work with a difficult co worker how would you maintain communications to get the job completed.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Lockheed Martin (Fort Worth, TX) in March 2011.

Interview

There was a one on one interview to initially determine the serious candidates. Then, after more than a month of no contact I received an email asking me to come in and be interviewed by a panel. I had to give a short power point presentation and there was also an hour long information session.

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Lockheed Martin in March 2010.

Interview

I hade met the interviewer before and he did not remember my name. That was a little un-nerving and one of my fears about working for a large company such as lockheed martin. The interview was fair however, with some basic questions asked regarding my character, how I handle problems, what my weaknesses are, etc. Overall it was a plesant experience yet I did not receive an offer or get asked for a second interview.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Lockheed Martin (Boston, MA) in February 2010.

Interview

The interview process consisted of a telephone screening followed by an in-person, on-site interview with groups of a panel.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work hear.   1 Answer
    • What was your favorite class?   1 Answer

Wanted to work for Boeing instead. More fun. And Texas is too hot and humid. No thanks.

Anonymous Employee in Syracuse, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Lockheed Martin (Syracuse, NY).

Interview

1) Phone interview 2) On-site interview: Met with 4 managers who asked both technical and behavioral questions. (~4 hrs). The people were relaxed and professional.

Interview Questions

• Typical personality questions: give me a time where you resolved a conflict at work.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Syracuse, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Lockheed Martin (Syracuse, NY).

Interview

Interview face-to-face at site with 3 separate hiring managers. 1 hour each.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

asked for salary desired

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marietta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Lockheed Martin (Marietta, GA).

Interview

They bring you in for an on-site interview typically. You are interviewed by 3-5 people at once. Each asks you a situational question, and then you go over your resume briefly.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I countered, but they immediately declined it and made it clear that there were a number of people in line behind me and they would gladly take the job if I didn't want it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Lockheed Martin (Orlando, FL) in February 2014.

Interview

Met with direct supervisor, sectional manager, and hiring manager. About 45 mins worth of behavioral questions and review and explanation of resume. Recieved call within 4-5 days. Panel lead the discussion and made it fairly easy to get through the interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had a tough deadline to meet. What was your role how did you prioritize?   1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Interview

Telephone interview was with three people; two were respectful, one was not. The behavior of that particular one was hostile as he belittled my experience from the start. His needless combativeness and anger made me wonder whether he had devised a bias against me from the start? Gender? Who knows....but I must say that if he displayed this behavior in an interview, it must get worse on the job with him. Red flag, to say the least. I'm very disappointed in the tone of the interview, but understand that if one interviews enough, one will encounter bad behavior or downright personality disorders. One thing about small, stand-alone business units/contracts isolated from the corporate mothership is that the cultures can vary widely in those units and the importance of healthy dynamics cannot be understated. It is a risk one takes when being employed by such a small outfit, and I suspect that risk plays out in this case. Beware.

Interview Questions

• Would you review a drawing in model or paper space?   1 Answer