Lockheed Martin Engineer Interview Questions

2.6

35 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Owego, NY
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Owego, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Lockheed Martin in October 2008.

Very casual and uncompetitive, especially compared to interviews I had with consulting firms and engineering leadership development programs. Interviewers were only managers, not HR, and were very inexperienced with interviewing candidtates. My resume went to three different managers from the career fair - each one was similarly inexperienced with interviewing.

Interview Questions
  • Does this position sound interesting to you?   View Answer
  • Give three skills that make you a good candidate for this position.   Answer Question
This was my only offer so I did not negotiate.

Other Interview Reviews for Lockheed Martin

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sunnyvale, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Lockheed Martin in December 2008.

Spoke with the HR person and a software engineer at the Sunnyvale location. Both people were easy to speak to. The software person wanted to know about the problems I've solved in real world engineering applications and those types of things. The HR guy was just trying to gauge my personality.

Interview Questions
    • What is an example of a real problem you've encountered and had to solve.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Manassas, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manassas, VA

The process took 3 months - interviewed at Lockheed Martin in October 2007.

I attended a career fair which is where I first made contact with the company. At the career fair, I submitted a resume and took part in a brief preliminary interview. A few weeks later I received a phone call and email requesting an interview. The company made arrangements for me to be flown up to Crystal City in D.C. for a series of interviews. They paid for my flight, hotel at the Sheraton Crystal City, and per diem. Before my interview I was sent a security packet that needed to be filled out for my required security clearance. Most Lockheed positions require them because all employees deal with classified information on government contracts. The security clearance process can be very long so get started as soon as possible. Upon my arrival to Crystal City I along with about 20-25 other candidates participated in a series of briefings and one on one interviews at their HR Head Quarters. The first was a security interview where they ask basic questions about your general history, travel habits, and foreign affiliations. Next, based upon your resume a group of hiring managers will decide which applicants they want to interview. The maximum on that day was six. Most applicants have 2 to 3 interviews. I had six interviews. The types of interviews very based upon the different managers and business units. Some were behavioral, while others were technical or a mix of the two. After feeding us well and giving us Lockheed goodies, they sent us on our way. About 2 weeks later, I received a packet in the mail that included my offer letter, salary, manager, report date, more security paper work, and instructions on fingerprinting and drug testing. The fingerprinting and drug testing had to be completed within 3 days. And the offer letter had to be signed and returned within 10 days.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had to deal with conflicting personalities in a team environment. How did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

It was a behavioral interview that took place in the career center of the university I attend. I wasn't interviewing for a specific position and am not looking to work anywhere for at least a year. They encouraged me to apply to an intership program and to contact them when I'm nearer my graduation date.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time when you had a disagreement with your boss and how was it resolved?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Lockheed Martin.

On-campus interview, very friendly, basic behavioral and experience based questions.

Interview Questions
    • Discuss a time when you were working in a group, and you were met with a direct conflict. What did you do?   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Lockheed Martin in March 2012.

The interview process was a bit long and fairly repetitive. I never heard back from them after what I considered to be a decent interview at worst.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you disagreed with other group members and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at Lockheed Martin in January 2011.

The recruiter was very nice. The questions were mostly behavioral: "When was the last time you failed at something" or "describe a group work experience that did not turn out so well". There were no technical questions. The interview lasted for about an hour.

Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Lockheed Martin in July 2009.

Participated in Job Fair, I was selected for a follow-up interview, then proceeded with on-site interview with several folks.

Engineering Interview

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Lockheed Martin in November 2010.

There was a technical interview and a behavioral interview. Both interviews were with a panel of employees. The behavioral interview consisted of the standard questions while the technical interview was to determine your past experiences, mental capacity, and ability to convey your knowledge to others.

Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Lockheed Martin in October 2010.

It was smooth and informative. Great people who interviewed and contacted me. I'mvery please with everything I was informed of.