Lockheed Martin Engineering Interview Questions

Updated May 31, 2015

2.6

Engineer Interview

Interview

Telephone interview was with three people; two were respectful, one was not. The behavior of that particular one was hostile as he belittled my experience from the start. His needless combativeness and anger made me wonder whether he had devised a bias against me from the start? Gender? Who knows....but I must say that if he displayed this behavior in an interview, it must get worse on the job with him. Red flag, to say the least. I'm very disappointed in the tone of the interview, but understand that if one interviews enough, one will encounter bad behavior or downright personality disorders. One thing about small, stand-alone business units/contracts isolated from the corporate mothership is that the cultures can vary widely in those units and the importance of healthy dynamics cannot be understated. It is a risk one takes when being employed by such a small outfit, and I suspect that risk plays out in this case. Beware.

Interview Questions

• Would you review a drawing in model or paper space?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Lockheed Martin

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Lockheed Martin in October 2014.

Interview

The way I got the interview was through a campus informational session. Use that time to ask as many questions about the company as possible. Also, after the session meet EVERY representative there and speak with them on their journey throughout the company. If they're holding on campus interviews, these will probably be the same people interviewing you in the coming days. I was able to sign up for the interview at the informational. The interview was set up more as a conversation. There weren't that many questions, however, the person spent a lot of time giving me advice for the future, even outside of interview tips.

Interview Questions

• The interviewer seemed very interested in my long term career goals. As a college sophomore it was difficult to answer a question for the next 20 years especially since the tech scene is making so many unknown jobs.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Lockheed Martin (Orlando, FL) in February 2014.

Interview

Met with direct supervisor, sectional manager, and hiring manager. About 45 mins worth of behavioral questions and review and explanation of resume. Recieved call within 4-5 days. Panel lead the discussion and made it fairly easy to get through the interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had a tough deadline to meet. What was your role how did you prioritize?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marietta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Lockheed Martin (Marietta, GA).

Interview

They bring you in for an on-site interview typically. You are interviewed by 3-5 people at once. Each asks you a situational question, and then you go over your resume briefly.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I countered, but they immediately declined it and made it clear that there were a number of people in line behind me and they would gladly take the job if I didn't want it.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Lockheed Martin.

Interview

LM found me through my alumni office. First interview was on campus with a group of other potential hires. They took us through the company overview, then we broke out into interviews with hiring managers.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Syracuse, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Lockheed Martin (Syracuse, NY).

Interview

Interview face-to-face at site with 3 separate hiring managers. 1 hour each.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

asked for salary desired

Anonymous Employee in Syracuse, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Lockheed Martin (Syracuse, NY).

Interview

1) Phone interview
    2) On-site interview: Met with 4 managers who asked both technical and behavioral questions. (~4 hrs). The people were relaxed and professional.

Interview Questions

• Typical personality questions: give me a time where you resolved a conflict at work.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Owego, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Lockheed Martin (Owego, NY) in March 2012.

Interview

Everything was pretty well organized and the hiring process was very smooth. However, the description of the job was inaccurate in the long run. I accepted the job thinking there would be more research and development. In the end, the only work for anyone was basically technician work.

Interview Questions

• All of the questions were standard interview questions, nothing out of the ordinary, difficult, or unexpected.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I stated my desired salary and they accepted. It was higher than the average for the area but I had exceptional grades and class experience. I could have probably asked for more if I wanted.

Anonymous Employee in Syracuse, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Lockheed Martin (Syracuse, NY) in December 2011.

Interview

Lockheed Martin was a very professional company. The interview process, while intense, was a great experience. They were very clear about their expectations and were more than willing to answer my questions. They even paid for me to take a rental car out to the interview! Really a great experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you were frustrated and how you overcame that frustration.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Lockheed Martin (Berkeley, CA) in September 2011.

Interview

I went to a career fair. They reviewed resumes at the end of the day and I was notified through the university recruiting program that they wanted to interview me. It was not for a particular position but once I applied for specific jobs, hiring managers could see that I was already interviewed.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to convince somebody through a presentation   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when something went wrong and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question