Lockheed Martin

Getting the Interview

35 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Lockheed Martin in August 2010.

Interview Details – They had just won a contract and we anxious to hire people on. Interview was thorough, met with several people including two managers. Everyone was nice and polite and the process was very efficient and easy to follow. No real negatives here.

Interview Question – What's your biggest weakness   Answer Question

Engineer
Marietta, GA

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Lockheed Martin.

Interview Details – They bring you in for an on-site interview typically. You are interviewed by 3-5 people at once. Each asks you a situational question, and then you go over your resume briefly.

Interview Question – What is your greatest achievement and why?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I countered, but they immediately declined it and made it clear that there were a number of people in line behind me and they would gladly take the job if I didn't want it.

Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Lockheed Martin.

Interview Details – LM found me through my alumni office. First interview was on campus with a group of other potential hires. They took us through the company overview, then we broke out into interviews with hiring managers.

Interview Question – What my SAT score was in high school!   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Very Easy Interview

Owego, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Lockheed Martin in March 2012.

Interview Details – Everything was pretty well organized and the hiring process was very smooth. However, the description of the job was inaccurate in the long run. I accepted the job thinking there would be more research and development. In the end, the only work for anyone was basically technician work.

Interview Question – All of the questions were standard interview questions, nothing out of the ordinary, difficult, or unexpected.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I stated my desired salary and they accepted. It was higher than the average for the area but I had exceptional grades and class experience. I could have probably asked for more if I wanted.

Syracuse, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Lockheed Martin.

Interview Details – Interview face-to-face at site with 3 separate hiring managers. 1 hour each.

Interview Question – standard interview. behavior questions important.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – asked for salary desired

Syracuse, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Lockheed Martin.

Interview Details – 1) Phone interview
2) On-site interview: Met with 4 managers who asked both technical and behavioral questions. (~4 hrs). The people were relaxed and professional.

Interview Question – Typical personality questions: give me a time where you resolved a conflict at work.   Answer Question

Engineering
Syracuse, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Lockheed Martin in December 2011.

Interview Details – Lockheed Martin was a very professional company. The interview process, while intense, was a great experience. They were very clear about their expectations and were more than willing to answer my questions. They even paid for me to take a rental car out to the interview! Really a great experience.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you were frustrated and how you overcame that frustration.   Answer Question

Engineering
Hampton, VA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Lockheed Martin in June 2011.

Interview Details – All the people in the interview process were very eager to communicate and get their questions answer about background and how it would help meet the task objectives of satisfying the customer in the areas of expertise that were expected. Each individual 1:1 interview was performed in a professional manner and they really seamed to want to hear what you had to say.

Interview Questions

• Can you program in the C++ or similiar language   View Answer
  • If you had to work with a difficult co worker how would you maintain communications to get the job completed.   Answer Question

Berkeley, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Lockheed Martin in September 2011.

Interview Details – I went to a career fair. They reviewed resumes at the end of the day and I was notified through the university recruiting program that they wanted to interview me. It was not for a particular position but once I applied for specific jobs, hiring managers could see that I was already interviewed.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to convince somebody through a presentation   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time when something went wrong and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question

Fort Worth, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Lockheed Martin in March 2011.

Interview Details – There was a one on one interview to initially determine the serious candidates. Then, after more than a month of no contact I received an email asking me to come in and be interviewed by a panel. I had to give a short power point presentation and there was also an hour long information session.

Interview Question – I do not remember any questions out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Lockheed Martin

Worked for Lockheed Martin? Contribute to the Community!

Lockheed Martin Videos

Lockheed Martin – Why Work for Us?

From our history to our international footprint, there are certain things you want to know about us as it pertains to your career. Many CAREER AREAS To Choose From Discover where your career… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Lockheed Martin Engineering interview questions and advice. All 35 interview reviews posted anonymously by Lockheed Martin employees and interview candidates.