Lockheed Martin

Relevance Date Difficulty

Manufacturing Engineer Senior Interview

Manufacturing Engineer Senior
Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Lockheed Martin in June 2014.

Interview Details – The interview process contained a phone call interview that lasted about 30 minutes and then they flew me out for an onsite interview which lasted about 4 hours. I first met with HR and went through the benefits and work schedule etc. Then I had a panel interview with many of the managers and peers with the departments I would be working for. There were a lot of open ended questions of what type of personalities I find hard to work with along with the normal "How are you motivated" type questions. Everyone was very professional and at the end of the interview they gave me ample time to ask questions back to them about the position. I was also given a tour of the facility when everything was completed.

Interview Question – No real difficult questions. More personality questions rather than technical question.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I declined their first offer and focused on what I thought I should be at in respects to salary. I knew they would not give me everything I wanted, but they raised the initial offer very easy without any real concern. I would always counter their first offer as they expect to negotiate.

Very Easy Interview

Scientific Systems Analyst Staff Interview

Scientific Systems Analyst Staff
Houston, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Lockheed Martin.

Interview Details – I started off with a phone interview asking more probing questions my resume. Then I was flown to Houston, TX the face to face interview. I flew in on a Friday and toured the work site, Johnson Space Center, and meet with the hiring management. On Saturday morning, I had three interviews, as I was being considered for three different positions. I then flew home Saturday afternoon. A couple of weeks later, I received an offer which I accepted.

Interview Question – Don't remember specific questions, as it was 15+ years ago.   Answer Question

Property Analyst Interview

Property Analyst
Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Lockheed Martin in November 2013.

Interview Details – Initially contacted by corporate recruiter, then scheduled phone interview, then had drug test and background check performed. Interview process was fairly easy and quick. It was a group phone interview which made it a bit more difficult but overall I would say that it went well.

Interview Question – None, answers were tailored to my experience.   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Mechanical Engineer
Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Lockheed Martin in September 2013.

Interview Details – I met a recruiter at a MAES conference in Houston, Texas and was offered an interview on the spot upon him reviewing my resume. At that point, I was put on a waiting list and then taken to the back for an interview. The interview questions consisted mainly of the recruiter asking me about projects and coursework that were on my resume. Apart from that, he asked what particular division I would like to work for if I were offered a job and why. Since I was asked for an interview on the spot, I wasn't prepared and hadn't researched Lockheed Martin prior to the interview so I'm pretty sure that's why I did not advance in the interview process. Some advice: Always research the companies you want to work for in advance just in case a surprise interview comes your way.

Interview Question – What division of Lockheed Martin appeals to you most and if a position was offered, what would you choose?   Answer Question

Senior Systems Eng Interview

Senior Systems Eng
Houston, TX

I applied in-person and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Lockheed Martin in March 2009.

Interview Details – The process is very long. the HR system and process is a huge bottleneck for managers. Be prepared for al long wait between the interview and the offer letter to come in tHe mail.

Interview Question – What do you want to do over the next 5 years?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was none. Take it or leave it

Systems Engineer II Interview

Systems Engineer II
Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Lockheed Martin in January 2009.

Interview Details – Found Job on corporate web page

Interview Question – Found Job on web page

Screened by HR Folks, Standard questions, verifying data from resume

Offered a trip to interview

Interviewed, a day long process:
Was asked to meet tam members and interact in technical discussions. The only forced point was provided about work planning and schedule. This must have been a hot issue at the time.

Was escorted from interview site and told communication would follow.

7 days later I was made an offer, and accepted.
  View Answer

Negotiation Details – I had shared my salary data at their request. The job indicated a cost of living decrease. I told them I understood, and shared my calculations and data regarding a target number.
The offer was just below the target, but was made in good faith. I accepted.

Very Easy Interview

Computer Opns Spt Analyst Interview

Computer Opns Spt Analyst
South Houston, TX

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Lockheed Martin in June 2008.

Interview Details – I started as an Intern so my interview process was technically my internship. If you perform well during your internship and the program you are assigned to has room for you it is quite easy to be hired. My interview consisted of just some basic questions which to me seemed more like a technicality because my performance during my internship spoke for itself. Many of the people I started with had interned with Lockheed for 2 plus years and chose to stay with the company after they graduated.

Interview Question – No difficult questions were asked   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate my salary based on the fact I was currently also enrolled to obtain my MBA.

Co-Op Interview

Co-Op
Houston, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Lockheed Martin in January 2011.

Interview Details – They are focused on teamwork, diversity and ethics.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Concentrate on your GPA and your involvement within your community

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Lockheed Martin in January 2010.

Interview Details – A former co-worker knew I was looking for another job opportunity and helped me get an interview with his group. I met with group manager and two lead managers. We had a very informal discussion about work history and background. Very few technical questions.

Interview Question – What programming languages have you worked with before?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – This group only does software maintenance tasks. Not interested.

Worked for Lockheed Martin? Contribute to the Community!