Lockheed Martin Interview Questions in Huntsville, AL

2.6

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Logistics Engineer Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Lockheed Martin in March 2014.

I was first emailed by a recruiter asking if I would be interested in possibly interviewing for the position. The interview was about 6 weeks later and they were interviewing for multiple positions that day so there were a decent amount of people there. I did 3 rounds of interviews one after the other, and they all asked just about the same questions so that was pretty aggravating. As others have said, the responses needed to be in STAR format so if you're given an interview make sure you're familiar with that.

It took about 2 months after that to get the offer, which I accepted as soon as I got it. After that It was nothing but paperwork, and a ton of it. There's a background check and security check (most of their positions require security clearance, but some don't). The security check is what takes the longest; it took me a few hours just to do the paperwork for it. Once the background check was done I was given a start date, and I've loved every minute since!

Interview Questions
    • Some of the questions made me think more than others, but they were all just about the same. They mostly asked about my prior work experience and things that I did in college.   Answer Question
    The offer was more than I was expecting so no I didn't try to negotiate.

Senior Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Lockheed Martin in March 2013.

The interview process was entirely over the phone. At no point did I meet face-to-face with any hiring managers or team members.

The first interview was with the recruiter out of D.C. It was a basic "get to know you better" conversation with an explanation of what skills were required and an overview of my qualifications. I was then told that they would contact me later for a second interview with two team members and the hiring manager.

I was contacted about the second interview a few days later, which was scheduled for a week afterwards. During the second interview call I was asked technical questions that increased in difficulty as they got a feel for what and how much I knew. It was fairly straight forward and afterwards we discussed my opinions and thoughts on a few work relevant and a couple non work relevant topics. At the end of the call I was told that HR would contact me from that point onward with details on if they would move forward with me and what was going on.

After the second interview the waiting game started. I got a follow up email the next day that pretty much said "You're not out yet. We will keep in touch". That was followed by about a week of silence and then a call from HR asking me a few questions about personal info for clearance paperwork. There was a mix up on my info since I go by a different name than they had for me. It took another week or so to get back to me, but they were still waiting for paperwork.

I was contacted about 3 weeks after than last interview with an offer, which I accepted. Moral of the story: Be patient. Lockheed takes a while to get all their ducks in a row.

Interview Questions
    • What steps would you take in locking down a Linux/UNIX system by hand?   Answer Question
    Not much negotiation was accepted. I attempted it, but they would not budge much. I found out later that because of the Leveled (1 - 7) approach that they use for position and salaries, the level allowed for my position only let salaries go up to around what I was offered. Since I had very little management experience I could not be raised in level from where they offered me, and therefore could not have the pay I asked for.

C'est la Vie....

Systems Engineer Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Lockheed Martin in August 2012.

Process consisted of interviewing with Lockheed over the phone, then one-on-one, then with the customer's review panel. Interviews with Lockheed were mostly non-technical, just talking about perspectives of the customer, how things could be done better, etc. The customer interview was more in line with past experience, desired roles, etc.

Interview Questions
    • Why are you leaving your previous employer after only 6 months there?   View Answer

Information Assurance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Lockheed Martin in August 2010.

Went well assk detailed wuestion about the industry standards.

Interview Questions
    • Explain how your background fits into this job.   View Answer
    Had o go back and forth 3 times but endeed up close to my original offer

Communications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Lockheed Martin in January 2010.

3 phone calls with people who didn't understand what was required, and were happy you did. The site manager was a PC Technician and was not familiar with the Network and Telecommunications responsibilities. His lack of knowledge made it very difficult to place any value as to what was expected from the position.

Interview Questions
    Negotiated through a head-hunter, had to remind Lockheed Martin of everything they agreed to numerous times. Had to almost quit to get what they promised. Their reasons for not following up were they have a very busy schedule and you should be patient even when it has been 4-6 months past their agreed upon time for pay increases.