Lockheed Martin

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Systems Administrator Interview

Senior Systems Administrator
Huntsville, AL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Lockheed Martin in March 2013.

Interview Details – The interview process was entirely over the phone. At no point did I meet face-to-face with any hiring managers or team members.

The first interview was with the recruiter out of D.C. It was a basic "get to know you better" conversation with an explanation of what skills were required and an overview of my qualifications. I was then told that they would contact me later for a second interview with two team members and the hiring manager.

I was contacted about the second interview a few days later, which was scheduled for a week afterwards. During the second interview call I was asked technical questions that increased in difficulty as they got a feel for what and how much I knew. It was fairly straight forward and afterwards we discussed my opinions and thoughts on a few work relevant and a couple non work relevant topics. At the end of the call I was told that HR would contact me from that point onward with details on if they would move forward with me and what was going on.

After the second interview the waiting game started. I got a follow up email the next day that pretty much said "You're not out yet. We will keep in touch". That was followed by about a week of silence and then a call from HR asking me a few questions about personal info for clearance paperwork. There was a mix up on my info since I go by a different name than they had for me. It took another week or so to get back to me, but they were still waiting for paperwork.

I was contacted about 3 weeks after than last interview with an offer, which I accepted. Moral of the story: Be patient. Lockheed takes a while to get all their ducks in a row.

Interview Question – What steps would you take in locking down a Linux/UNIX system by hand?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not much negotiation was accepted. I attempted it, but they would not budge much. I found out later that because of the Leveled (1 - 7) approach that they use for position and salaries, the level allowed for my position only let salaries go up to around what I was offered. Since I had very little management experience I could not be raised in level from where they offered me, and therefore could not have the pay I asked for.

C'est la Vie....

Systems Engineer Staff Interview

Systems Engineer Staff
Huntsville, AL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Lockheed Martin in August 2012.

Interview Details – Process consisted of interviewing with Lockheed over the phone, then one-on-one, then with the customer's review panel. Interviews with Lockheed were mostly non-technical, just talking about perspectives of the customer, how things could be done better, etc. The customer interview was more in line with past experience, desired roles, etc.

Interview Question – Why are you leaving your previous employer after only 6 months there?   View Answer

Information Assurance Interview

Information Assurance
Huntsville, AL

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Lockheed Martin in August 2010.

Interview Details – Went well assk detailed wuestion about the industry standards.

Interview Question – Explain how your background fits into this job.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Had o go back and forth 3 times but endeed up close to my original offer

Worked for Lockheed Martin? Contribute to the Community!