Lockheed Martin Interview Questions in Huntsville, AL

Updated Jul 25, 2015

2.5

Systems Engineer Senior Interview

Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Huntsville, AL).

Interview

First step: phone interview - the manager discussed the position and then I spoke about myself, more conversational and less formal of an interview. Second step: in-person interview - I went to the site and had another discussion with the manager, and then met the team I would work with.

Interview Questions

• What types of work have you done in the past? How would that prepare you for this position?   Answer Question

Logistics Engineer ASC Interview

Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Huntsville, AL) in March 2014.

Interview

There were 3 rounds of interviews for 3 different positions. It took about 2 hours all together, but all the interviews went about the same. I actually wasn't picked for any of the positions that I interviewed for which was pretty demoralizing at the time, but about a month later I received a call from the manager asking if I would be interested in a new position that was just opened up, and I said of course! Make sure you are familiar with the STAR approach for answering the questions; they go over what it means during the interview but it helps to know beforehand.

Senior Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Huntsville, AL) in March 2013.

Interview

The interview process was entirely over the phone. At no point did I meet face-to-face with any hiring managers or team members. The first interview was with the recruiter out of D.C. It was a basic "get to know you better" conversation with an explanation of what skills were required and an overview of my qualifications. I was then told that they would contact me later for a second interview with two team members and the hiring manager. I was contacted about the second interview a few days later, which was scheduled for a week afterwards. During the second interview call I was asked technical questions that increased in difficulty as they got a feel for what and how much I knew. It was fairly straight forward and afterwards we discussed my opinions and thoughts on a few work relevant and a couple non work relevant topics. At the end of the call I was told that HR would contact me from that point onward with details on if they would move forward with me and what was going on. After the second interview the waiting game started. I got a follow up email the next day that pretty much said "You're not out yet. We will keep in touch". That was followed by about a week of silence and then a call from HR asking me a few questions about personal info for clearance paperwork. There was a mix up on my info since I go by a different name than they had for me. It took another week or so to get back to me, but they were still waiting for paperwork. I was contacted about 3 weeks after than last interview with an offer, which I accepted. Moral of the story: Be patient. Lockheed takes a while to get all their ducks in a row.

Interview Questions

• What steps would you take in locking down a Linux/UNIX system by hand?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not much negotiation was accepted. I attempted it, but they would not budge much. I found out later that because of the Leveled (1 - 7) approach that they use for position and salaries, the level allowed for my position only let salaries go up to around what I was offered. Since I had very little management experience I could not be raised in level from where they offered me, and therefore could not have the pay I asked for. C'est la Vie....

Systems Engineer Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Huntsville, AL) in August 2012.

Interview

Process consisted of interviewing with Lockheed over the phone, then one-on-one, then with the customer's review panel. Interviews with Lockheed were mostly non-technical, just talking about perspectives of the customer, how things could be done better, etc. The customer interview was more in line with past experience, desired roles, etc.

Interview Questions

• Why are you leaving your previous employer after only 6 months there?   1 Answer

Information Assurance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Huntsville, AL) in August 2010.

Interview

Went well assk detailed wuestion about the industry standards.

Interview Questions

• Explain how your background fits into this job.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Had o go back and forth 3 times but endeed up close to my original offer

Communications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Huntsville, AL) in January 2010.

Interview

3 phone calls with people who didn't understand what was required, and were happy you did. The site manager was a PC Technician and was not familiar with the Network and Telecommunications responsibilities. His lack of knowledge made it very difficult to place any value as to what was expected from the position.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiated through a head-hunter, had to remind Lockheed Martin of everything they agreed to numerous times. Had to almost quit to get what they promised. Their reasons for not following up were they have a very busy schedule and you should be patient even when it has been 4-6 months past their agreed upon time for pay increases.