Lockheed Martin

Getting the Interview

Average Difficulty
30 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

San Jose, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Lockheed Martin in April 2012.

Interview Details – First I went to the job fair on campus. There I was selected for an on-campus interview with an engineer (who might be seeking for an intern). The main purpose of this interview to determine if I was a good fit for the company culture. If you do well, then supposedly you get some sort of flag on your online LM account. After that they refer you to apply online for the positions you like. If you do well on the on-campus interview than supposedly you will "stand out" or have higher chance to get a call from HR. But that was not the case for me. The person interviewing me during my on-campus interview liked me and asked me if I would be interested in a specific position. I contacted the person later and got the interview.

Interview was on LM site. It was with 3-4 people and a senior manager of the department I was applying to. I had two interviews that day. First one was a panel interview and the second one was with the senior manager. First interview was mainly get-to-know-you kind of interview but I was asked some technical questions and about my previous experience.

Two weeks after the interview I was offered the position and after that I did the necessary paperwork and drug test. Hiring process was simple for me but my fellow interns, who were from out of California, complained about HR not being fast for the relocation process.

Interview Question – I was initially told that there would be no technical questions but I was asked several technical questions related to my previous work experience. There was not anything specifically difficult.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation for interns.

Sunnyvale, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Lockheed Martin in February 2012.

Interview Details – Was contacted for a "hiring event" via email - I was in NY and the interview was in CA -they paid airfare, food, and hotel during the process - although it was very rushed. Interviewed with two different managers who both asked identical questions and advice was given to come up with slightly different answers for each person so that you were not telling the same story twice (i.e. the interviewers then have more to talk to each other about). Was contacted about two weeks later with an offer, accepted on the spot.

Interview Question – Can't remember any specific question but it was odd to me that both interviewers asked identical questions.   Answer Question

King of Prussia, PA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Lockheed Martin.

Interview Details – The interview process was simple, they basically just asked a few generic thought based questions. The focus was on experience working in teams. There were no technical questions at all. Think of it like this, every question started with "tell me about a time when you...".

Interview Question – They asked me to answer their questions using experiences that weren't listed on my resume.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiating. Take it or leave it.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Fort Worth, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Lockheed Martin in November 2013.

Interview Details – First interview was on campus and was a 1:1 interview mostly talking about goals and ambitions. Second round they had about 70 plus potential candidates meet at their facility in Fort Worth, Texas. Interviews were with different hiring managers and the interview questions were mostly based off your resume. Some situational questions (STAR). They let you know within the first 2 weeks if you got the position or not.

Interview Question – Basic situational questions. Brainstorm beforehand.   Answer Question

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Lockheed Martin in February 2014.

Interview Details – The company is very specific in what they are looking for. If your resume does not include the items that they want to see for the candidate, the interview is very short. Of the available positions, it is recommended by current employees to apply to all of them.

Interview Question – Which asset that you listed on your resume will benefit the company most?   Answer Question

Intern

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Lockheed Martin.

Interview Details – I applied online for half a dozen positions. I received a call from the Talent Acquisition team about a week later and scheduled an interview on-site in Denver. There were a bunch of other candidates there interviewing for various internships and full-time jobs, and about a dozen employees doing the interviewing - I only spoke with two who worked on the project I was being considered for.

Interview Question – I had to do a simple brainteaser - it wasn't complicated, but I was expecting the behavioral-type questions so it caught me off guard!   Answer Question

Washington, DC

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Lockheed Martin in January 2009.

Interview Details – They called and asked about times when I was a leader. They also asked what I am most proud of up until this point in my college career. The interviewer was very friendly and the interview only lasted less than twenty minutes. I was nervous I did not get the internship because of the length of the interview, but I found out a couple of months later that I had. I know they have hired interns very late in the year.. they don't always know how many are needed in the fall for the following summer.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you were a member of a team and what role you assumed.   View Answer

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Lockheed Martin in February 2011.

Interview Details – I was contacted by phone and asked to set up a phone interview for later that week. The university recruiter was very pleasant and congenial.

I interviewed towards the end of the week. The interview took about 45 minutes. The first 10 minutes or so, the recruiter explained some background information on the position and the rest of the process, were I to continue on. He let me ask a number of questions before we got started, and then we spent 25 minutes or so discussing my experience. We ended after I asked a few concluding questions.

The interview questions were primarily behaviorally based questions. I was asked to give examples of certain behaviors. While I can't remember the questions exactly, I was able to respond easily with PAR stories (Problem, Action, Result) that I had prepared beforehand using questions like, "Tell me about a time you overcame a challenge," or "Tell me about a time when you demonstrated leadership."

The following Monday I was notified by email that I would not be moving on to the next stage in the recruiting process.

Interview Questions

Fort Worth, TX

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Lockheed Martin in December 2008.

Interview Details – I applied online and within a month or two I was called. They flew me out to Fort Worth and put me up for the night. The next day I went in for my interview. I was interviewd by two sets. The first set was two employees from my department. Then one person from HR. The first interview consisted mainly of behavioral questions such as, "Tell me about a time when..." They also wanted to know how much I knew about Lockheed Martin and Aeronautics specifically. I went into my interview knowing about aeronautics and planes but doing research and reading the annual reports and company website gave me more information. Also going through bloomberg.com for articles impressed them, that I knew so much. Another portion of the time we spent talking about schools and my experience at my school and what types of leadership roles I have taken on.

The second interview was a very basic and more of a follow up to make sure I was eligible to work for Lockheed, as a defense contractor.

Interview Question – ( I was not taken by the question but it was for me the most difficult at the time)

Tell me a time when you disagreed with your superior and tell me the outcome?
  Answer Question

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Lockheed Martin in March 2011.

Interview Details – Sent my resume to the HR manager, heard back quite quickly. Interviewed with the lab director, two engineers, and the HR manager. They just asked behavioral questions, nothing too technical. They did ask me to elaborate on some of my resume experience. Just know the material on your resume and be calm. They were all quite friendly.

Interview Question – Describe a time made an unreasonable demand on you.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Lockheed Martin

Worked for Lockheed Martin? Contribute to the Community!

Lockheed Martin Videos

Lockheed Martin – Why Work for Us?

From our history to our international footprint, there are certain things you want to know about us as it pertains to your career. Many CAREER AREAS To Choose From Discover where your career… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Lockheed Martin Intern interview questions and advice. All 30 interview reviews posted anonymously by Lockheed Martin employees and interview candidates.