Lockheed Martin

2.7

33 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Lockheed Martin in April 2012.

First I went to the job fair on campus. There I was selected for an on-campus interview with an engineer (who might be seeking for an intern). The main purpose of this interview to determine if I was a good fit for the company culture. If you do well, then supposedly you get some sort of flag on your online LM account. After that they refer you to apply online for the positions you like. If you do well on the on-campus interview than supposedly you will "stand out" or have higher chance to get a call from HR. But that was not the case for me. The person interviewing me during my on-campus interview liked me and asked me if I would be interested in a specific position. I contacted the person later and got the interview.

Interview was on LM site. It was with 3-4 people and a senior manager of the department I was applying to. I had two interviews that day. First one was a panel interview and the second one was with the senior manager. First interview was mainly get-to-know-you kind of interview but I was asked some technical questions and about my previous experience.

Two weeks after the interview I was offered the position and after that I did the necessary paperwork and drug test. Hiring process was simple for me but my fellow interns, who were from out of California, complained about HR not being fast for the relocation process.

Interview Questions
  • I was initially told that there would be no technical questions but I was asked several technical questions related to my previous work experience. There was not anything specifically difficult.   Answer Question
There is no negotiation for interns.

Other Interview Reviews for Lockheed Martin

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Lockheed Martin in February 2012.

Was contacted for a "hiring event" via email - I was in NY and the interview was in CA -they paid airfare, food, and hotel during the process - although it was very rushed. Interviewed with two different managers who both asked identical questions and advice was given to come up with slightly different answers for each person so that you were not telling the same story twice (i.e. the interviewers then have more to talk to each other about). Was contacted about two weeks later with an offer, accepted on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • Can't remember any specific question but it was odd to me that both interviewers asked identical questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in King of Prussia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in King of Prussia, PA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Lockheed Martin.

The interview process was simple, they basically just asked a few generic thought based questions. The focus was on experience working in teams. There were no technical questions at all. Think of it like this, every question started with "tell me about a time when you...".

Interview Questions
    • They asked me to answer their questions using experiences that weren't listed on my resume.   Answer Question
    No negotiating. Take it or leave it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Lockheed Martin in January 2013.

Very generic interview process asking about personality and technical skills. Asked about your weaknesses, strengths and greatest achievements. It is usually a panel interview with the department associates and which ones you will be working with on a day to day basis. If you are lucky you meet the department head and is in the interview process

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Lockheed Martin in February 2013.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Lockheed Martin in February 2014.

The company is very specific in what they are looking for. If your resume does not include the items that they want to see for the candidate, the interview is very short. Of the available positions, it is recommended by current employees to apply to all of them.

Interview Questions
    • Which asset that you listed on your resume will benefit the company most?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Lockheed Martin in November 2013.

First interview was on campus and was a 1:1 interview mostly talking about goals and ambitions. Second round they had about 70 plus potential candidates meet at their facility in Fort Worth, Texas. Interviews were with different hiring managers and the interview questions were mostly based off your resume. Some situational questions (STAR). They let you know within the first 2 weeks if you got the position or not.

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Lockheed Martin.

I applied online for half a dozen positions. I received a call from the Talent Acquisition team about a week later and scheduled an interview on-site in Denver. There were a bunch of other candidates there interviewing for various internships and full-time jobs, and about a dozen employees doing the interviewing - I only spoke with two who worked on the project I was being considered for.

Interview Questions
    • I had to do a simple brainteaser - it wasn't complicated, but I was expecting the behavioral-type questions so it caught me off guard!   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Lockheed Martin in January 2009.

They called and asked about times when I was a leader. They also asked what I am most proud of up until this point in my college career. The interviewer was very friendly and the interview only lasted less than twenty minutes. I was nervous I did not get the internship because of the length of the interview, but I found out a couple of months later that I had. I know they have hired interns very late in the year.. they don't always know how many are needed in the fall for the following summer.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you were a member of a team and what role you assumed.   View Answer

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Lockheed Martin in February 2011.

I was contacted by phone and asked to set up a phone interview for later that week. The university recruiter was very pleasant and congenial.

I interviewed towards the end of the week. The interview took about 45 minutes. The first 10 minutes or so, the recruiter explained some background information on the position and the rest of the process, were I to continue on. He let me ask a number of questions before we got started, and then we spent 25 minutes or so discussing my experience. We ended after I asked a few concluding questions.

The interview questions were primarily behaviorally based questions. I was asked to give examples of certain behaviors. While I can't remember the questions exactly, I was able to respond easily with PAR stories (Problem, Action, Result) that I had prepared beforehand using questions like, "Tell me about a time you overcame a challenge," or "Tell me about a time when you demonstrated leadership."

The following Monday I was notified by email that I would not be moving on to the next stage in the recruiting process.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you were innovative/thought outside of the box.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you demonstrated leadership.   Answer Question