Lockheed Martin

Updated Mar 18, 2014

Getting the Interview

27 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

Marietta, GA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Lockheed Martin in March 2014.

Interview Details – I applied as a flight testing intern online and was informed, about a month later, that I was selected for a phone based interview. They gave me the option of when the interview would take place, but they initially called at the wrong time due to time-zone confusion and then called back later at the appointed time. I was interviewed by the manager in charge of the operation and his lead flight test engineer.Questions were mostly directed toward getting more information about pieces of of my resume, but I listed some of the more general questions below. I had the interview a few minutes ago, so I don't know if i got the job yet. They said I would be notified in about 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• What would you say is your largest strength and weakness?   Answer Question
  • What did you specifically do in the _____ organization?   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time when there was conflict between multiple groups, and how did you go about resolving the matter.   Answer Question
  • Do you have any software or hardware troubleshooting experience?   Answer Question
  • Do you have any experience with Catia?   Answer Question

Intern

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Lockheed Martin.

Interview Details – I applied online for half a dozen positions. I received a call from the Talent Acquisition team about a week later and scheduled an interview on-site in Denver. There were a bunch of other candidates there interviewing for various internships and full-time jobs, and about a dozen employees doing the interviewing - I only spoke with two who worked on the project I was being considered for.

Interview Question – I had to do a simple brainteaser - it wasn't complicated, but I was expecting the behavioral-type questions so it caught me off guard!   Answer Question

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Lockheed Martin in November 2013.

Interview Details – Campus interview

Interview Question – Fairly straightforward - just review STAR format. Ex: tell me about your project   Answer Question

Sunnyvale, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Lockheed Martin in February 2012.

Interview Details – Was contacted for a "hiring event" via email - I was in NY and the interview was in CA -they paid airfare, food, and hotel during the process - although it was very rushed. Interviewed with two different managers who both asked identical questions and advice was given to come up with slightly different answers for each person so that you were not telling the same story twice (i.e. the interviewers then have more to talk to each other about). Was contacted about two weeks later with an offer, accepted on the spot.

Interview Question – Can't remember any specific question but it was odd to me that both interviewers asked identical questions.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Lockheed Martin.

Interview Details – Handed my resume to a recruiter at school in November, got a phone call in February asking if I was interested in an internship and to set up a time to talk. Phone call was pretty laid back, asked about school projects, favorite/least favorite classes, and interests within the company. Got the feeling the call went well, formally applied for position after the call, never heard back though. Know a few others who had the same experience (friendly call/ on-campus informal interview, good feeling after, no call back).

Interview Question – I didn't realize the 'informal talk' was actually an interview until towards the end of the call, so some of my responses weren't as thought-out as I'd like.   View Answer

San Jose, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Lockheed Martin in April 2012.

Interview Details – First I went to the job fair on campus. There I was selected for an on-campus interview with an engineer (who might be seeking for an intern). The main purpose of this interview to determine if I was a good fit for the company culture. If you do well, then supposedly you get some sort of flag on your online LM account. After that they refer you to apply online for the positions you like. If you do well on the on-campus interview than supposedly you will "stand out" or have higher chance to get a call from HR. But that was not the case for me. The person interviewing me during my on-campus interview liked me and asked me if I would be interested in a specific position. I contacted the person later and got the interview.

Interview was on LM site. It was with 3-4 people and a senior manager of the department I was applying to. I had two interviews that day. First one was a panel interview and the second one was with the senior manager. First interview was mainly get-to-know-you kind of interview but I was asked some technical questions and about my previous experience.

Two weeks after the interview I was offered the position and after that I did the necessary paperwork and drug test. Hiring process was simple for me but my fellow interns, who were from out of California, complained about HR not being fast for the relocation process.

Interview Question – I was initially told that there would be no technical questions but I was asked several technical questions related to my previous work experience. There was not anything specifically difficult.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation for interns.

Fort Worth, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Lockheed Martin in November 2013.

Interview Details – First interview was on campus and was a 1:1 interview mostly talking about goals and ambitions. Second round they had about 70 plus potential candidates meet at their facility in Fort Worth, Texas. Interviews were with different hiring managers and the interview questions were mostly based off your resume. Some situational questions (STAR). They let you know within the first 2 weeks if you got the position or not.

Interview Question – Basic situational questions. Brainstorm beforehand.   Answer Question

Tampa, FL

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Lockheed Martin in February 2013.

Interview Details – Met the recruiters at an information session. Watched some videos, and made a few comments and questions. Then, I was asked to attend a "career discussion" session, which was a 1 on 1 interview

Interview Question – General behavioral questions and some questions about my projects. Nothing hard.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Lockheed Martin

Interview Details – Two phone calls - Panel Interviews

Interview Question – Why should we pick you over the other interns   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There wasn't one.

Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Lockheed Martin.

Interview Details – Position listing on campus recruiting site was for a general position with subsequent specialization. After applying, I interviewed on campus and was told that I was not interviewing for any positions, only that I could potentially be contacted if there was an opening in the specialization I specified. Interviewer asked nothing but behavioral questions and wrote down all of my answers. Was told I could expect to hear back within a month or two, but never heard back, even after numerous follow-ups.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you innovated   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Lockheed Martin

Worked for Lockheed Martin? Contribute to the Community!

Lockheed Martin Videos

Lockheed Martin – Why Work for Us?

From our history to our international footprint, there are certain things you want to know about us as it pertains to your career. Many CAREER AREAS To Choose From Discover where your career… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Lockheed Martin Intern interview questions and advice. All 27 interview reviews posted anonymously by Lockheed Martin employees and interview candidates.