Lockheed Martin Intern Interview Questions

Updated Mar 10, 2015

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Lockheed Martin (Sunnyvale, CA) in February 2012.

Interview

Was contacted for a "hiring event" via email - I was in NY and the interview was in CA -they paid airfare, food, and hotel during the process - although it was very rushed. Interviewed with two different managers who both asked identical questions and advice was given to come up with slightly different answers for each person so that you were not telling the same story twice (i.e. the interviewers then have more to talk to each other about). Was contacted about two weeks later with an offer, accepted on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Can't remember any specific question but it was odd to me that both interviewers asked identical questions.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Lockheed Martin

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Lockheed Martin (San Jose, CA) in February 2012.

Interview

They e-mailed me and asked if i was interested in an on-site interview. I accepted. Everything was paid. including hotel. The interview was 2 Lead engineers and an HR interview. there were about 6 other candidates at this interview and they had a presentation before the interviews.

They asked STAR questions and one interviewer asked a technical question which was very distracting as i had only prepared for the STAR part.

Basically they want to know how you work in a group setting and handle challenges. Thats what they are looking for. Is your fit at their company and your group interactions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had to deal with conflict in a group setting.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time in which you felt unprepared to handle a situation and what you did to deal with it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Lockheed Martin (Orlando, FL) in June 2011.

Interview

Star method. Situation questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Lockheed Martin (Sunnyvale, CA) in February 2011.

Interview

I was initially contacted via email by a recruiter about a potential internship. Then the manager contacted me to set up a phone interview afterward. This was a phone interview conducted by the manager and team lead. The interview process was primarily behavioral where I was asked about my resume and how I would react to example situations. The interviewers were friendly and I was able to ask about my potential position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a situation where you took a leading position.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Interns typically have a set pay rate and do not negotiate. It is a competitive rate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Littleton, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Lockheed Martin (Littleton, CO) in February 2010.

Interview

I gave my resume to a recruiter at my University and a few months later I was contacted by the HR department at Lockheed asking if I would like to interview for a summer position. The interview was on site. The office was one of the nicest office I've ever seen nested in the Colorado foothills, the only offices that I've seen that are nicer are Google's HQ. There were 10 hiring managers that were in charge of different projects at that particular office. We each had between 2 or 3 interviews. The interviews were non technical and consisted of mainly behavior questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiated a higher offer to beat a competing offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Lockheed Martin (Washington, DC) in January 2009.

Interview

They called and asked about times when I was a leader. They also asked what I am most proud of up until this point in my college career. The interviewer was very friendly and the interview only lasted less than twenty minutes. I was nervous I did not get the internship because of the length of the interview, but I found out a couple of months later that I had. I know they have hired interns very late in the year.. they don't always know how many are needed in the fall for the following summer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you were a member of a team and what role you assumed.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Lockheed Martin (Fort Worth, TX) in December 2008.

Interview

I applied online and within a month or two I was called. They flew me out to Fort Worth and put me up for the night. The next day I went in for my interview. I was interviewd by two sets. The first set was two employees from my department. Then one person from HR. The first interview consisted mainly of behavioral questions such as, "Tell me about a time when..." They also wanted to know how much I knew about Lockheed Martin and Aeronautics specifically. I went into my interview knowing about aeronautics and planes but doing research and reading the annual reports and company website gave me more information. Also going through bloomberg.com for articles impressed them, that I knew so much. Another portion of the time we spent talking about schools and my experience at my school and what types of leadership roles I have taken on.

The second interview was a very basic and more of a follow up to make sure I was eligible to work for Lockheed, as a defense contractor.

Interview Questions

• ( I was not taken by the question but it was for me the most difficult at the time)

Tell me a time when you disagreed with your superior and tell me the outcome?

Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Lockheed Martin.

Interview

First step is recruiting call, why you want to work for Lockheed, motivations, etc.

Second Step is Phone interveiw with direct manager.

May be a third interveiw in person, depending on time and where you are located relative to the work site.

Interview Questions

• Very straightforward. Know what information about the area you are looking to get into, example, HR, BD, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Lockheed Martin.

Interview

Be prepared to explain everything on your resume, make sure it is up to date and provide any more updates needed. Also, ask the interviewer about their job/functions and view of Lockheed, it's a great chance to show interest and get a feel for the company life. If you have additional interviews, ask the same questions to get a well-rounded answer.

Interview Questions

• Shorter technical questions, nothing you shouldn't be able to answer.   Answer Question

Other job offer that was in a totally different field that I wanted to explore

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Lockheed Martin in April 2011.

Interview

The interview process was fairly simple and straightforward. I went in for a 1:1 on campus interview, which consisted of behavioral questions only. The interviewer seemed pleased with what I had to say and the questions I was asking. After an hour interview, I spoke HR and the interview was over.

A couple weeks later I received a call that I had gotten the position. Overall, a good experience. They were mainly focused on personality and behavior more than experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a situation where you had problems with someone in a group.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you brought about a change in group.   Answer Question

Prior Obligations