Lockheed Martin

Updated Nov 24, 2014
Updated Nov 24, 2014

2.6

Member Engineering Staff Interview

I met one of the ELDP (Engineering Leadership Development Program) at a conference and was quickly referred to another person. Within two weeks, I got a call from the manager at a location I applied to, came in for an interview two days later, and was offered a position within a week. I had three different interviews with other rotations managers for the program. They mainly asked about my team work capabilities and my projects as listed on my resume.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were fairly simple. Just answers each question with the result of your actions taken. It is important to stress that your roles within a group, while still emphasizing you are a team player.   Answer Question
    They would like proof of competing offers. Having an internship at a big company / industry and getting a higher education degree past a Bachelors helps in your "point system." Recruiter claimed the point system is in place to prove they are an equal and fair employer. Whether or not this is true is unknown to me. Lockheed pays lower than my competing offers but their program was what drew me in.

Multi Functional Financial Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Lockheed Martin.

I applied online through the career site. It was about two months before I received a call where they told me that they wanted to fly me out to Denver for a recruiting event. All travel expenses and food were paid for. I was given 3, 45 minute interviews, where I was asked 5 behavior questions that were required to be answered in STAR format. I was also given the opportunity to share my careers goals and ask questions to the interviewers. There were about 60 people that were interviewing that weekend for various jobs. After the interviews finished, they took us to the campus to have lunch and view some guest speakers. I was notified about 5 days later that I received the job, and about 5 days after that I received my offer.

Interview Questions
    • All behavioral questions that are expected to be answered in great detail   Answer Question
    I did not try to negotiate

Project Manager Interview

The interviewing process was very good. Managers were available for questions about the job. The background check process took a long time and in this regard there was very little communication. Sometimes the next step in the process would take longer due to lack of response from the security office.

Systems Engineer Asc Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Lockheed Martin.

Got into contact with a recruiter through connections in the company, and gained his contact information through linkedIn. Emailing the recruiter several times led him to sending me some positions to apply to. I heard nothing back until I emailed him saying that I have received another offer. This fast-tracked me to the final round.

The interview was purely looking for my interest and their needs. There was no technical evaluation, just goodness of fit.

Interview Questions
    This was the best offer that I had gotten out of my 4 other offers, so I did not feel like I was in a strong negotiating position. They gave me more than i expected.

Senior Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Lockheed Martin.

there were 1 phone and 1 panel interview. they use a standard interview process. pre qualify to get the interview that is all I do not have any other things to add to the process

Aeronautical Engineer Asc Interview

The interview process was very fun. I got flown out to the Fort Worth site and had a one hour interview. After the interview we got to tour the site. The interview was very easy and felt more of a conversation.

Interview Questions
    • What didn't you like about your previous internship?   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Lockheed Martin in November 2014.

Applied online, a few weeks later I was flown out for an on sight interview. Everything went well and was fairly easy. Free hotel, free flight, free black car service and very nice facilities. The only major problem was how low the offer was. Boeing offers more, so does almost every offer in downtown Dallas and Houston. I'm not sure why someone would accept. The worst part is that, when you tell HR, they refuse to negotiate.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions, just common things, nothing technical.   Answer Question

The pay was hilariously low, 61k

Subcontract Administrator Interview

The best interview I've ever had. The two ladies leading the interview made me feel very comfortable and at ease. Each had a last of questions and let me know that they were working together to find the right person for the team. After the interview we sat for a few minutes just chatting and getting to know one another.

Aeronautical Engineer Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

I applied online – interviewed at Lockheed Martin.

I was contacted by HR telling me about two opportunities that I was being considered for. I was contacted almost exactly one month after applying to both positions online. I then organized travel arrangements through the company and was flown out on location in Fort Worth. I attended a hiring event at a hotel. Both interviews lasted one hour and were mostly them telling me about the company/job and asking me a few behavioral and situational questions to gauge my competency and whether they would like working with me. The interviewers included who my manager would be and an engineer in the department I would be working for. At the end they asked me if I had any questions. I asked at the end of both interviews when I would expect to hear back from them and was given vague answers that HR would handle it. While waiting for my flight later in the day I received a call from HR extending an offer. Shortly after getting the call, I was emailed the offer package.

I had also interviewed at the main facility once and the process was the same.

Interview Questions
    • What is the most difficult decision that you have made in the past two years?   Answer Question
    They offered me more than I was expecting and the benefits package was amazing. I also did not have much leverage, so I did not see the need to negotiate.

Associate Member Engineering Staff Interview

I applied online. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at Lockheed Martin.

Starts at 8am, sit through a presentation of the company with many other candidates going for all different jobs. The interview begins at about 8:30 - 9am and goes until 12. Each interview last 45 minutes. You may have one interview or you could have up to 6. At twelve you eat lunch and then go for a tour of the offsite facility. The entire process then finishes after the tour at about 2pm.

Interview Questions
    • What was one experience you had in your life where you had a problem but was able to over come it and what did you learn from it?   View Answer
    The recruiter sends you an email with your offer letter that contains your salary and you have seven days to accept. Not much of a negotiation unless you have a written offer from a competing company.