Lockheed Martin Interview Questions

Updated Sep 25, 2014
Updated Sep 25, 2014

2.7

Summer Interview

Background screening followed by phone interview. Wasn't too difficult just had to be "quick on feet." Had to go through a very complicated background check following the interview but all of this was definitely worth the experience.

not very negotiable

Software Engineer Senior Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Albuquerque, NM
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albuquerque, NM

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Lockheed Martin.

The first step in the interview process was a 30 min Screening Interview, with very basic questions about personality and goals.
    The second step was a different day with a 30 min Technical Interview with very basic programming questions over the phone.
    The final interview step was a one hour in person interview with staff and management.

Interview Questions
    • What is the best skill you can bring to our team?   View Answer
    Yes, negotiated relocation

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Lockheed Martin.

The hiring process entailed completing an online application. Depending on the urgency of filling the position and how well the application meets the requirements of the vacant position determines how quickly the contact company will contact you back. Once you are in the interview process, they like to hear that you are aware of the type of position you are applying for and what you know about the business. They like to hear that you have similar experiences that will assist you in meeting their performance standards.

Interview Questions
    • Do you know what FEMA does? What is the most interesting thing about what you researched about the company?   Answer Question

Intelligence Analyst Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Lockheed Martin.

The entire process was streamlined and efficient. The hiring manager was professional and quick to respond. We had to conduct a phone interview and the time difference was drastic. They were able to facilitate a time that was convenient for both of us. Great experience!

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question for me personally was the "tell me about yourself" question. I did a phone interview and had written down some notes. I was pretty nervous and found myself reading my notes verbatim.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Simple straight forward process with no surprises. The interview was set-up through a recruiter and conducted by the hiring manager. There wasn't much of delay, but the recruiter still stayed in touch to ensure I had all necessary information and followed-up after the interview to give me expectations on next steps.

College Student Tech Senior Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sunnyvale, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Lockheed Martin in September 2014.

I was referred through the dean of my school and got interviewed for 3 internship positions. All of the three interviewers all had a standard set of questions they chose from along the lines of "tell me about a time when you.... made a mistake, didn't get along with a coworker, had foresight to a problem, challenges you faced, etc." Some of the questions were repeated across interviewers, and some of the interviewers asked more technical questions based on my background. Overall, the facilities are not as nice as a tech company, but the products they are working with are pretty cool.

Interview Questions
    • "tell me about a time when you.... made a mistake, didn't get along with a coworker, had foresight to a problem, challenges you faced, etc."   View Answer
    No negotiations for interns, but pay was more than I had expected for an intern.

Technical Trainer Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Lockheed Martin.

Had 2 interviews with the program manager (phone and in person) and 1 interview with the Client (Fed Govt) during the late Aug early Sept timeframe in 2006. Never heard a word back until the last week of Oct. I had forgotten about the job and interviews by then and had figured they weren't interested. I accepted the offer and started working Oct 30.

Software Quality Engineer Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Lockheed Martin.

I applied online and got a phone call from two current Software Quality Engineers asking if I would be able to fly out to Denver for an interview. Two days later I got a call from HR to schedule my interview. I flew to Denver another two days later for the interview and found out three days later that I got the job. The interview was very easy. They asked me basic personality questions asking what group projects I worked on, previous intern or research experience I had, and best and worst quality. The job is mainly decided on your personality, abilities to multi-task, and learn new skills.

Interview Questions
    • The only unexpected question was what was the most controversial situation you have been in and what did you do to resolve it.   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Staff Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Lockheed Martin.

Interview process varies greatly. Lockheed being a large company has various ways of how they conduct their hiring. It is mostly dependent on the local site and its management. I went through four different interviews and each was different. When I was initially hired on, I had one interview and that was it. HR was conducting the hiring from a different state - It took two weeks. Later on, I interviewed at a different site and it was much more rigorous and took longer.

Interview Questions
    • They were mostly interested in problem solving ability. Given a situation, how would you handle it - That type of a thing   Answer Question
    It only took one week

Software Engineer Associate Interview

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Lockheed Martin.

Got a phone call by a recruiter to set up a profile and got bumped up to a Program Manager's view. About 2 weeks later I got an email to confirm an interview date. It was a group interview with different Program Managers. Was asked basic interview questions like "how do you handle a specific situation". More behavior questions than anything. Nothing technical at all.

Interview Questions
    • How would you go about telling a customer that what they wanted was way out of scope of the project?   Answer Question
    Offer was more than I expected so I accepted.

Worked for Lockheed Martin? Contribute to the Community!