Lockheed Martin Interview Questions

Updated Jul 1, 2015

2.6

Engineering LDP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moorestown, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Lockheed Martin (Moorestown, NJ).

Interview

First went through a phone screen by hiring manager and then by HR, basic questions about myself and my background. Invited to an onsite interview.

Onsite interview, 2 Day Event -
    Day 1: Dinner at Local Hotel; Attended by HR reps, current ELDP participants, hiring managers and those interviewing; general presentation given on company; casual conversation between all; interview schedule provided for following day.
    Day 2: All those interviewing were in conference room; breakfast and lunch provided; intermittent presentations; some had one one interview while others have multiple; most interviews were 1 on 1 or 2 on 1; after all interviews you are asked to rank the jobs you were interviewed for; after lunch group was taken on a tour of some key facilities.

Interview Questions

• STAR based interview questions; no technical questions   Answer Question

Negotiation

Salary is based on a set matrix depending on your resume and background. Only negotion was in the case of a competing offer.

Engineering Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Lockheed Martin (Sunnyvale, CA).

Interview

I had a phone interview that went well, then the company flew me in for a face to face interview that also went well, but I was not 100% sure if I got the job or not. Within days I received a call with an offer. I countered, but they did not accept. It was still good, so I took the offer almost 8 years ago.

Interview Questions

• What are my strengths and weaknesses...   1 Answer

Accountant Asc Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lakeland, FL

Application

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Lockheed Martin (Lakeland, FL).

Interview

The interview process was very informal. It was the team manager, and his 3 team leads in the room as well. Went by very quick (30 mins) and asked behavioral style questions.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral style questions, "how did you handle X situation?"   Answer Question

Intelligence Analyst Asc Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Washington, DC).

Interview

Got an interview through referrals. Flew me out and had me stay in a hotel for an interview that was only 20 minutes and very strait forward (not behavioral, just people taking turns asking questions off of a sheet of paper). Got an email from HR a week asking me to complete some paperwork, then got an offer the week after. Very easy interview and laid back.

Interview Questions

• 1. What would you do the first few weeks on the job?

2. Would you rather be in a creative or hierarchical, structured environment?

3. What makes you different than other candidates?

4. Strengths and Weaknesses

5. What type of people do you work best with?

6. Describe yourself in 6 words.

2 Answers

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in King of Prussia, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Lockheed Martin (King of Prussia, PA).

Interview

Simple process, they asked for more details about each job I mentioned on my resume. What technical skills did I use at each position, and what challenges did I overcome at each? Wasn't much time for me to ask anything in return, they were very busy that day with other interviews and with meetings.

Interview Questions

• Can I talk about some of the OOP I have done?
      What programming environments have I worked in and what are my preferences?
      They didn't seem too interested in my scientific/mathematical abilities, just how much programming do I do everyday. Sounded like there was very little opportunity for advancement or experience mentoring other junior programmers, despite this having "senior" in the job title.

1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Interview

Telephone interview was with three people; two were respectful, one was not. The behavior of that particular one was hostile as he belittled my experience from the start. His needless combativeness and anger made me wonder whether he had devised a bias against me from the start? Gender? Who knows....but I must say that if he displayed this behavior in an interview, it must get worse on the job with him. Red flag, to say the least. I'm very disappointed in the tone of the interview, but understand that if one interviews enough, one will encounter bad behavior or downright personality disorders. One thing about small, stand-alone business units/contracts isolated from the corporate mothership is that the cultures can vary widely in those units and the importance of healthy dynamics cannot be understated. It is a risk one takes when being employed by such a small outfit, and I suspect that risk plays out in this case. Beware.

Interview Questions

• Would you review a drawing in model or paper space?   1 Answer

Senior Training Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Lockheed Martin (Alexandria, VA).

Interview

Met my Program Manager at customer site. He was polite and very easy going. It was in a office area, just my PM and me. He started the process with general conservation. He then progress to more indepth questions on my skillset as it relates to the position.

Interview Questions

• Discuss my background as it related to the position.
      Discuss other opportunities with the program as a Instructor
      General conservation

Answer Question

Software Quality Engineer Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Lockheed Martin (Orlando, FL) in June 2015.

Interview

I was given an unexpected phone screening / interview two weeks after I applied for the job. Then I was called a week later to set up an interview that was two weeks from that date.

The interview was very relaxed and we just went over my resume, and we talked about the position more. They would ask me some behavioral questions that arose during me going over my resume. They joked a little and smiled a lot, and were very friendly. They didn't ask me any technical questions.

The interview was on a Thursday, and I got the offer on the next Monday.

Interview Questions

• What do you do if you witness a test that partially failed, and the other engineers tell you that it was okay and keep insisting that they want to sent the product out anyway.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in King of Prussia, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Lockheed Martin (King of Prussia, PA) in June 2015.

Interview

Was interviewed by the Senior Manager of the interested department and one of his lead software engineers. The interview was very conversational and personality based, only a few formal questions were asked. Very little technical information was requested or tested. Both interviewers were highly personable and friendly, relatively relaxed atmosphere. Although I did not receive an offer, I would say this interview was worth the experience alone.

Interview Questions

• If you were hired today, how would you prepare for your first day of work?   Answer Question

Systems Engineering Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moorestown, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Lockheed Martin (Moorestown, NJ).

Interview

Interview process was structured and well run. Besides the basic resume review, there were questions related to the role; I was asked to provide examples of execution during the onsite phase.