Lockheed Martin

561 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Technical Trainer Interview

Technical Trainer

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Lockheed Martin in June 2014.

Interview Details – I first learned of the position for which I have been hired in early May. I applied for it immediately but did not hear anything back for about a month (early June). This is when a recruiter emailed me and asked me to briefly answer about 10 questions (i.e. Why am I interested in this position?, Why am I leaving my current position?, What related experience do you have?, What salary do you expect?, etc.) A couple days later that same recruiter emailed me that the hiring manager wanted me to come in for an interview. They called a few days later and scheduled the interview for mid-June. The interview consisted of 4 employees and it took about 45 minutes. They asked me some open-ended questions that required quite a bit of explanation about related experiences. They also described the position I would be doing if hired. I felt that the interview went well but I didn't hear anything from them until 11 business days later. This is when they told me they would let me know what their decision would be in another 7-10 business days. I didn't hear from them until mid-July which was almost a month since the interview. HR had emailed me that they were starting the hiring process and that I needed to fill out a "Conflict of Interest" form since I have two family members who work with Lockheed. Three business days later, I received another email from HR that I had received an employment offer. I made a counter offer that same day and heard back from them the next day that they accepted it. HR encouraged me to not resign from my current job yet because they still had to go through security screening (drug testing, background check, credit check, employment verification, salary verification, and education verification) and that it should take 7-10 business days to complete. Near the end of July, I was told that all security screening had been complete, "welcome aboard", and told me that my first date on the job would be in early August.

Interview Question – What experience do you have in curriculum development?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They made an offer. Then, I negotiated a slightly higher salary than the one I initially said I expected because I had thought of some new expenses I would incur in accepting this position. I created an Excel spreadsheet that detailed my current base salary and future expenses with this new job. They got back to me about 24 hours later and said they accepted my counter offer.

Software Configuration Analyst Senior Interview

Software Configuration Analyst Senior
Orlando, FL

I applied online - interviewed at Lockheed Martin in April 2014.

Interview Details – Hiring process was a breeze, I had two interviews and I had enough experience that they did not ask me any technical questions. And also there was no need for technical questions as my particular role does not require writing code or doing really technical stuff.

Negotiation Details – I always read to try to negotiate, and tried at my previous job, but it did not work for me. Maybe I am just a bad negotiator.

Very Easy Interview

Communications Engineer Interview

Communications Engineer
Huntsville, AL

I applied through a staffing agency - interviewed at Lockheed Martin in January 2010.

Interview Details – 3 phone calls with people who didn't understand what was required, and were happy you did. The site manager was a PC Technician and was not familiar with the Network and Telecommunications responsibilities. His lack of knowledge made it very difficult to place any value as to what was expected from the position.

Interview Question – Can you help us   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Negotiated through a head-hunter, had to remind Lockheed Martin of everything they agreed to numerous times. Had to almost quit to get what they promised. Their reasons for not following up were they have a very busy schedule and you should be patient even when it has been 4-6 months past their agreed upon time for pay increases.

Software Engineer Associate Interview

Software Engineer Associate

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Lockheed Martin.

Interview Details – Got a phone call by a recruiter to set up a profile and got bumped up to a Program Manager's view. About 2 weeks later I got an email to confirm an interview date. It was a group interview with different Program Managers. Was asked basic interview questions like "how do you handle a specific situation". More behavior questions than anything. Nothing technical at all.

Interview Question – How would you go about telling a customer that what they wanted was way out of scope of the project?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Offer was more than I expected so I accepted.

Manufacturing Engineer Senior Interview

Manufacturing Engineer Senior
Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Lockheed Martin in June 2014.

Interview Details – The interview process contained a phone call interview that lasted about 30 minutes and then they flew me out for an onsite interview which lasted about 4 hours. I first met with HR and went through the benefits and work schedule etc. Then I had a panel interview with many of the managers and peers with the departments I would be working for. There were a lot of open ended questions of what type of personalities I find hard to work with along with the normal "How are you motivated" type questions. Everyone was very professional and at the end of the interview they gave me ample time to ask questions back to them about the position. I was also given a tour of the facility when everything was completed.

Interview Question – No real difficult questions. More personality questions rather than technical question.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I declined their first offer and focused on what I thought I should be at in respects to salary. I knew they would not give me everything I wanted, but they raised the initial offer very easy without any real concern. I would always counter their first offer as they expect to negotiate.

Systems Engineering Associate Interview

Systems Engineering Associate
Orlando, FL

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Lockheed Martin in November 2013.

Interview Details – First it was a really basic phone screening. Then a two days interview at the facilities at Orlando, FL. The first day it was directly from the airport to LM facilities (so be ready with your nice attire) for a presentation about the program and about the company to all students (a group of about 35), then to the hotel, and then a diner with the hiring managers (3 managers and 3 students per table). Second day an icebreaker (teams of 4 students to solve a challenge), then a facility tour, then presentations from integrands of the program, and finally a panel interview. The interview was a regular panel interview with 4 managers/HR, one made a question, then the other manager made a question, then the other, and again in a circle of questions. It was a bit disappointing on the way the questions was delivered, they was just reading the question, I was expecting a conversation like interview, not a question/answer robotic way. After all we had a regular group diner and then they let us free to “have fun” on the area. Next morning to the airport.

Interview Question – All was behavioral question: Tell me about a time when you…   Answer Question

Electrical Engineer Interview

Electrical Engineer
Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Lockheed Martin in October 2010.

Interview Details – First a phone screening interview. General questions about your background, experience, very basic technical questions about your resume etc. If looks like a good match, then on-site interview. This is more in-depth and technical. Some will ask you circuit questions, others some behavioral/personality questions. Third phone interview for asking your interests etc.

Interview Question – Nothing particularly difficult. If you know your basics, you should do fine.   Answer Question

Network Engineer Interview

Network Engineer

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Lockheed Martin.

Interview Details – After the first phone screening with the team lead, I was asked to come in for interview. At the interview with the team lead, manager and 2 other technical staff, I was asked some technical which I was able to answer without difficulty. They Interviewers were nice and professional. Overall, the interview was easy

Negotiation Details – I refused the first offer, and they increased it by 5%. I accepted the second offer as I realized they were not going to go higher

Software Engineer Staff Interview

Software Engineer Staff
Hanover, MD

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Lockheed Martin in April 2014.

Interview Details – Was contacted by the hiring manager after submitting my resume. The hiring manager set up an interview with one of the technical leads on the program that I was applying for. The interview was scheduled for the following week. When I arrived for the interview, I first met the hiring manager, who then passed me on to the technical lead for the actual interview.

Interview Question – During the interview the technical lead first wanted me to explain what it is that I was doing at my current position. I explained which technologies I was using in my current position. Since I was doing a lot of Java and Web Application development, I was very detailed about what our software and web applications were. This essentially led to a discussion back and forth as the pros and cons certain COTS products, programming languages, and platforms. This conversation seemed to let the interviewer know my expertise level.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern
Orlando, FL

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Lockheed Martin in January 2013.

Interview Details – Very generic interview process asking about personality and technical skills. Asked about your weaknesses, strengths and greatest achievements. It is usually a panel interview with the department associates and which ones you will be working with on a day to day basis. If you are lucky you meet the department head and is in the interview process

Worked for Lockheed Martin? Contribute to the Community!