Lockheed Martin

Updated Dec 19, 2014
Updated Dec 19, 2014

2.6

Administrative Assistant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Lockheed Martin.

You really must know someone that already works there to even get your foot in the door. I had applied several times, for many positions, but it wasn't until a friend took my resume to HR that they even looked at me.
    The interview process is extremely detailed and slow, but worth it if they hire you.
    I went through two individual interviews - with the hiring manager and then the HR manager. Then I went through a group interview with the department I would be working for. The whole process took over a month.
    Because it is a government contractor, you must pass a pretty extensive background check - including credit check. They also want you to gain a security clearance, which involves a rather extensive amount of paperwork and an interview with a government official.

Interview Questions
    • Because of the nature of their business, you will get asked about your feelings on the military - support or not - and how you feel about war.   View Answer
    My level did not require a negotiation.

Systems Integration and Test Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palmdale, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palmdale, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Lockheed Martin.

I was flown to the facility and attended a site tour, company presentation and then had a one hour 1 on 1 interview with the hiring manager. There were no technical questions and the conversation focused on my previous experience and how I would fit or not fit the role.

Multi Functional Financial Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Lockheed Martin.

I applied online through the career site. It was about two months before I received a call where they told me that they wanted to fly me out to Denver for a recruiting event. All travel expenses and food were paid for. I was given 3, 45 minute interviews, where I was asked 5 behavior questions that were required to be answered in STAR format. I was also given the opportunity to share my careers goals and ask questions to the interviewers. There were about 60 people that were interviewing that weekend for various jobs. After the interviews finished, they took us to the campus to have lunch and view some guest speakers. I was notified about 5 days later that I received the job, and about 5 days after that I received my offer.

Interview Questions
    • All behavioral questions that are expected to be answered in great detail   Answer Question
    I did not try to negotiate

Logistician E3 Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Lockheed Martin.

Incredibly long period between submission of application to an update on status application. Was not initially contacted by Hiring Manager but through and Associate who could provide little if any information regarding the process. After 60 days of waiting was advised of interview which was later postponed and rescheduled. A face-to-face interview of about thirty minutes, no surprises and much of the conversation included current issues maintaining customer satisfaction and issues with performance. Product/Service was currently perceived as too costly, too slow to react and the company too big to resolve customer service issues. Couple those issues with a lack of performance from the previous person and it certainly was eye opening regarding a decision to possibly accept an offer. Got to a least give them credit for showing the problems with the position prior to throwing one to the sharks.

Too many issues with customer satisfaction, salaried position with much time dedicated to contacting overseas customer, Other reason was that there was substantial lack of face-to-face customer interaction due to budget.

Business Development Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Lockheed Martin.

Previous interaction with business development personnel from Lockheed led to interest on their part in my services. Interview format information was provided prior to the interview. Prior to the formal interview, which started 15-20 minutes late, I was engaged in conversation with the four panel members who arrived on-time; I expect this informal conversation was really a part of the interview process as they tried to get a sense of who I was and why I was interested in Lockheed Martin. The formal interview was done by a six-member panel with each member asking questions from a pre-coordinated script. All formal interview questions from the panel followed the STAR (situation, task, action, and result) format; in total approximately 24 questions were asked and the process lasted about 1.5 hours. Later in the day I was introduced and interviewed by a senior VP.

Interview Questions
    • Recount a time in your previous career when you were asked to compromise your integrity; how did you handle the situation and what did you learn and/or carry forward from the experience?   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Lockheed Martin.

Multiple interviews with different people. Large number of other qualified candidates there. Competitive. They had breakfast and lunch available. They actually flew me in for the interview. They were interviewing for multiple positions so it was pretty stress free.

Interview Questions
    • What kind of problems did you encounter with previous jobs. How did you respond.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation.

UCF CWEP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Lockheed Martin.

The process was very simple and I was called in for an interview down at the plant. It was about 30 minutes long, they asked a lot of personal questions, and then more in depth work experience questions. It was a panel interview, and there were people from multiple departments interviewing me at once. It was a little intimidating but the questions weren't hard and overall it was a fairly easy experience.

Interview Questions
    • Talk about an experience when you felt pressured to meet a time constraint, and how you handled that pressure.   View Answer

Graphic Artist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Crystal City, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Crystal City, VA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Lockheed Martin.

I applied online and then, a week or so later, I received a phone call for an in-person interview. After the interview, I got a call informing me they were interested in hiring me but I had to go through the vetting process which didn't take very long for me.... But it does for most.

Salary was negotiable

Aeronautical Engineer Asc Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Patuxent River, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Patuxent River, MD

I applied online. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at Lockheed Martin in December 2014.

The interview involved a dinner/orientation the night before. The whole group of managers and students interviewing for positions were very friendly. On the day of the interview, toured the facility in the morning and then had two interviews after lunch. Both interviewers asked the same set of questions. The questions were very straightforward and standard for personality type of interview. Nothing technical.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you had to overcome an unexpected obstacle.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Lockheed Martin in November 2014.

Applied online, a few weeks later I was flown out for an on sight interview. Everything went well and was fairly easy. Free hotel, free flight, free black car service and very nice facilities. The only major problem was how low the offer was. Boeing offers more, so does almost every offer in downtown Dallas and Houston. I'm not sure why someone would accept. The worst part is that, when you tell HR, they refuse to negotiate.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions, just common things, nothing technical.   Answer Question

The pay was hilariously low, 61k