Lockheed Martin Interview Questions

Updated Sep 1, 2015

2.6

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Orlando, FL).

Interview

Special facility where they do hiring. Laid back atmosphere. Typically you'll interact with 3-4 people on the team you'll be working for, and they are looking to make sure you have the skills they desire.

Interview Questions

• The asked what was the accomplishment you were most proud of.   1 Answer

Systems Engineer Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Owego, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Owego, NY).

Interview

Initially I had an on campus interview where I was asked a few behavioral questions. A few weeks after the campus interview, I was invited to come to their facility for an additional series of interviews. This was an all day event that started with a tour of the facility followed by four interviews with four different mangers in various areas of the specific facility. The interview consisted of the manager describing what this particular position focused on and then tried to get an understanding for your skills and asked behavioral questions. After the four interviews, we were asked to rate which manager we thought matched our skills and interests. We were told if there was a match (i.e. the manager also saw you as a good candidate) you would receive a job offer.

Interview Questions

• Can you describe a time when you had a conflict with someone you had to work with?   1 Answer

Manufacturing Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Fort Worth, TX).

Interview

Phone call and then person to person interview. Met with a hiring official that primarily only hires for the position I was interviewing. He was knowledgeable and polite.

Interview Questions

• Familiarity with MRP and ERP systems.   1 Answer

Entry Level Full-time Job Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin in August 2015.

Interview

Applied online and week later got invited via email for phone interview. Typically between 30 to 45 min. Make sure to apply for a job early for the best chances for an interview. After interview, make sure to ask for contact info so you can follow up with them because if you not going to get an offer, chances are no one is going to tell you.

Interview Questions

• Starts off with introducing the job position and "tell me about yourself". STAR behavioral questions. S is situation, T is Task, A is action, and R is, most importantly, the RESULTS. Good to be prepared for these, otherwise it can be very difficult to come up with something on the spot. Make sure to read the skills in the job description to help think of relevant questions.   1 Answer

Structural Assembler Senior Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marietta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Marietta, GA) in August 2015.

Interview

The interview process was smooth but I left there confused because I was told my background skills were weak and did not receive an offer. With the company paying for me to travel there for a interview you would think the experience block was checked already. I left confused because chatting with the group I had more relevant experience than most. So I don't know what went wrong I answered all the questions correctly and confident. I did express my ambition to progress off the shop floor eventually and I feel that may have hurt me.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin.

Interview

I interviewed a few years ago (right before the Great Recession), but to my recollection it started off with a phone interview, then an in person interview. Neither of them were very technical. It was like they wanted to hear that you knew the names and words involving programming, but they weren't concerned about you actually proving that you could code. I guess that is because I had a very high GPA. I have heard that more recently they are switching to code test interviews. But I can't verify that.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had a bad experience with a coworker, and how did you handle that?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I believe the salary was calculated based off of GPA and years of experience. I think they have a program that gives them a number. I didn't try to negotiate from the number that they provided.

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin.

Interview

Panel interview with hiring manager, HR representative, and former OLDP associate. They ask you 5 questions total and they expect answers in the STARS format. Advice: focus on networking with the hiring manager the night before if you're interviewing in a 2-day session. They pretty much hold the cards in terms of whether to hire or not. HR and the OLDP associate are there only so that they can aggregate scores and rank you against other participants so other hiring managers can see how you graded.

Interview Questions

• Tell us of a time you had to push for an idea that others didn't agree with.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation unless you have a better offer available.

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Houston, TX).

Interview

I submitted my resume at a career fair. I was then called by HR a few weeks later asking if I'd like to attend one of three interview sessions in three different states (California, Texas, Arizona). I chose Texas and a few weeks later they flew me (as well as about 2 dozen others) in to interview with a few managers. This lasted most of the morning, then they provided lunch and gave us tours of the facilities in the afternoon.

Interview Questions

• Typical STAR questions were asked. Describe a situation in which you were able to use persuasion to successfully convince someone to see things your way.   Answer Question

Suppy Tecchnician Interview

Interview

Its professional easy going relaxed and informal. The interviewer was friendly and the one on one interview was not intense. The person interviewing me actually made me relaxed so I was confident that I ha a good chance to be hired.

Systems Engineer Senior Interview

Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Huntsville, AL).

Interview

First step: phone interview - the manager discussed the position and then I spoke about myself, more conversational and less formal of an interview. Second step: in-person interview - I went to the site and had another discussion with the manager, and then met the team I would work with.

Interview Questions

• What types of work have you done in the past? How would that prepare you for this position?   Answer Question