Lockheed Martin Interview Questions

Updated Apr 22, 2015

2.6

Manufacturing Engineer Asc Interview

Anonymous Employee in East Camden, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Lockheed Martin (East Camden, AR) in December 2011.

Interview

On October,I had on-campus interview with an employee from LMCO. After 2 weeks, a recruiter sent me email about Manufacturing Engineer and ask me if i'm interested in it.I answered yes. Then he called me to talk about my resume and Camden. He said this city is small and quiet,not an interesting place to go out like Dallas area. I said i would relocate for this job.
    On November, he called me back to talk about my resume and clearance. He wanted me to update because there is a big gap, He also mentioned about on-site interview if the hiring manager had an interested in my profile.At the end of November, he called me again and checked something on my update resume. I said I don't have clearance but it's ok because just a simple background check. Finally he sent me an email about on-site interview with car rental,air ticket,hotel.(When you come there,you have to go to admin department which is about a few miles from the first building.You will have the hard time to find it if the recruiter don't give you all the instruction)
    On December,I took a trip to go to Camden one day before the interview. On the interview's day, I was taken for a tour through 3 facilities for 2 hours. Then I had an interview with 4 hiring managers in the same room.I read through all the comments and people just talked about behavior questions.If you are the next interviewee for this particular position, don't trust those comments.They asked me about 30-35 questions, and all of them are technical question->NO BEHAVIOR QUESTION.All the questions were related to CNC machine,manufacturing processes,GD&T and technical terms.I may have a better interview if I did not read those comments.They said I got almost the questions but I did not think so.I posted this review just one day after the interview but I know I will not be chosen for sure.

Interview Questions

• What is bearing for?What is CNC stand for? What is GD&T and when to apply?   1 Answer
    • Some equations need to solve for the force and a lot of them. I dont remember   1 Answer

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Camden, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Lockheed Martin (Camden, AR) in December 2011.

Interview

The recruiter called me on November. He talked about the relocation,resume and then email me the invitation letter for on-site interview.
    I came to Camden,AR on Dec 6 and interviewed on Dec 7. The interview is straightforward and clear.I had 4 hiring managers at one time.All technical questions. They asked me about 30 questions about CNC,GD&T and manufacturing process Coating.
    I read all the previous comments and I prepared behavior questions only.This is my mistake because I don't take a look at technical side.If any one has an interview with this position,make sure you know your technical stuff very well.Do not trust all the comments,trust your self only.I was failed because I believed in the comments.

Interview Questions

• what is CNC and GD&T stand for?When do they apply to the job?   1 Answer

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Lockheed Martin in February 2012.

Interview

Consisted of a Full Spectrum Interview with a panel of interviewers.

Asked several question design to measure the full breadth of my knowledge, capabilities and skill set.

Interview Questions

• Can you describe a time that you delivered exceptional results?   Answer Question
    • Cann you explain how you build enduring relationships to create and execute strategy?   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Application

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Lockheed Martin in June 2012.

Interview

Through my phone interview I had a discussion about my experience and was given the impression I would be a good fit. At the face-to-face interview, which was supposed to be the "technical" interview, I was asked some unclear questions that were irrelevant to my experience. It felt like the interviewer had looked up terms from a certification prep book and came up with a vague way to ask questions to get me to define them. I was able to trudge through that part, and finally he got over himself and finally asked questions relevant to the work I was interviewing for. I went in excited about the opportunity and left feeling disenchanted about working there.

Interview Questions

• How are some ways to use inheritance in Java? The follow up question: What are the differences between an interface and abstract class?   1 Answer
    • He asked about layers of past projects that I had stated I did not directly work on, that were also not relevant to the position I was interviewing for, and that he had no first-hand familiarity with himself.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Lockheed Martin (Denver, CO) in May 2010.

Interview

Full Spectrum Leadership interviews - situation/task, action and result. These are behavioral type questions - "tell me about a time when..."

Interview Questions

• "Tell me about a time when..." and you have never been in that situation. Afterward I could not get a straight answer on whether it's better to say what you would have done or make something up.   Answer Question

Aerospace Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Prescott, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Lockheed Martin (Prescott, AZ) in December 2010.

Interview

Professional, timely, thorough

Interview Questions

• Managing complex projects, teams and budgets for less money over time as DoD cuts begin 2014   1 Answer

Career time horizon did not permit negotiation request

Logistics Management Analyst Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Lockheed Martin (Fort Worth, TX).

Interview

Incredibly difficult to get in the doors. Hiring freezes are common these days due to Government Budget restrictions. Interviews are handled within a panel type process. There is a document that guides interviewers through the questions they should ask a candidate. Higher level, management positions seem to usually be written with specific candidates already in mind.

Interview Questions

• Discuss personal failures within leadership opportunities (either group or project leadership). Looking for humility, honesty, willingness to accept responsibility.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I came in over a decade ago as an intern. There was no negotiation. When I hired in full time, after my second internship, I negotiated an increase of about $3,000.

Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Lockheed Martin (Washington, DC) in January 2009.

Interview

The interview process was stressful because there were at least three people in the room and each person had their own opinion of you so if you impressed one or two you might not have impressed the other.

Mechanic Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Greenville, SC) in December 2013.

Interview

Don't waste your time

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They didnt!

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Patuxent River, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Lockheed Martin (Patuxent River, MD) in October 2011.

Interview

some of the most useless crap They have full spectrum leadership that has a series of questions in a star format. But the questions they are going to ask are giving to the person they want to hire the others are there because they have to post it and have so many inside and out interview. They gave them to me. I got he position and was told two days prior to the interview..

Interview Questions

• Full spectrum leadership questions 3 hour interview STAR format   1 Answer

Negotiation

Honorable had to hagel with South Carolina HR. They weren't in the interview or process. Just try and low ball ya.. you want you salary to be in the middle of the slide and divide by your pay and get close to the magic #1 you can. That is the correct offer and don't let them tell ya different I know I worked there and did it.